Visiting From England

Lombardi

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hi there all Packer Fans.......I'm going to be visiting Green Bay for the first time in November to see the Pack play the Steelers. I've seen GB play many times before but always away from home, so this is going to be one heck of a thrill to visit Lambeau Field.

Just wondering if you guys can recommend any places to stay we are arriving in GB on the 2nd and staying until the 8th......it looks like hotels get pretty booked up, are there any places in nearby towns?, any advice would be appreciated as I've only found rooms in the Days Inn near the stadium so far.

We are also looking to take in some high school and college games prior to the Sunday - any thoughts there guys..........before watching Monday Night Football in a suitable bar.

Any thoughts/help on the above would be greatly appreciated.

Best Wishes from the UK.........

LambeauLeaper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Man, that sounds like a fun trip! Just laid back, watching football the whole time! Unfortunately, I personally can't recommend anywhere to stay, etc.. I moved to Arizona in '93 from the Milwaukee area... but I'm sure someone here will hook you up! Good luck and enjoy the trip!

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Welcome aboard, Lombardi -- the Steeler game is the one I'm going to, as well. Got seats around the 10th row on the 30 yard line behind the Packers bench...

Let's set it up to meet at Fuzzy's before the game... I got a boatload meeting up there already.... PM me with specifics if ya want and we'll keep tabs for the trip up....

Cheers!

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As for a place to stay, the Days Inn may not be so bad...I don't know how far the one you've found is from the stadium, but it'd be nice for game day, and avoiding the traffic...things are awful on Lombardi, Oneida, and hwys 43 and 41 going south after the game.

As for watching live football...you picked a bad weekend for college. St. Norberts (a green bay school) and the UW Badgers are away. There are some other state schools in the area (UW Oshkosh) but those games are in the western part of the state for the saturday you'll be there.

As for high school games...the regular season will have concluded
but the 3rd round of the Wisconsin playoffs will be taking place on Friday and Saturday. You obviously won't know who will be playing or where until the week you arrive, but there will certainly be some games you could catch in the Green Bay area.

Make sure you leave plenty of time to check out the Packers hall of Fame...you could easily spend an afternoon there!

If you have more questions, or need to know of other places to visit in the area, I'd be glad to help out!

PackerTraxx

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lombardi, hope you have a great trip and an even greater game experience. If you have rooms at the Days Inn, I would stick with those because of the convenience, unless you find something better first, don't cancel them.

It's too bad there is not a University of Wisconsin game while you are here because that is a really great game experience also. However, the University of Wisconsin-Oshkosh plays November 5 at Oshkosh,WI. That's only a 45 mile drive.

Also a high school game should be easy to find. In fact, the Playoffs for the State Championship are being played at that time.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts