vintage Brett

yourout

Cheesehead
Reaction score
With the right coach and a little talent around him he can still compete at a very high level.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Did you see that grab by Robinson? Looks like thats why they brought him in. And Favre sure kept the play alive for the TD to Driver! The O line is doing a pretty good job pass blocking. Hope they keep it up!
And you see how Favre reacts when he throws a TD? He's STILL like a kid out on the field! You can SEE he loves the game!
20 more TD's to pass Marino! He might still do it this year!

PackerChick

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Brett was having fun playing again also. What a good feeling. Our first win after three games compared to four or five last year.

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Brett was classic today, O-Line sure helped too. Way to go Brett :

25 for 36 for 340 yards and 3 Touchdowns and some say he's too old !!!

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
WinnipegPackFan said:

I wonder if after 30+ TDs this year, if the "experts" will still say he's too old.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zombieslayer said:
WinnipegPackFan said:

I wonder if after 30+ TDs this year, if the "experts" will still say he's too old.

Hold off on the 30+

Green Bay beat the Lions good but 30+ is good for any QB in the NFL at anytime and Favre doing that with this talent will be very impressive. I think McCarthy will committ more to the run as the year goes on and as the weather get's worse.

I hope Favre keeps it up. He started great last year but really struggled later on. This year though he seems like a new guy. Like the old Favre. Last year you could just kind of tell with his press conferences.

majikman

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Porky said
I hope Favre keeps it up. He started great last year but really struggled later on. This year though he seems like a new guy. Like the old Favre. Last year you could just kind of tell with his press conferences.

Boy you just couldn't resist, could you Porky?

Brett's the same guy. He's always been the same guy. That's the point!

It was the damn TEAM last year. Why do you guys want to continually pin last year on Brett? Why can't you seem to understand that?

I don't get you.

Reaction score
majik, everyone is entitled to their say.

I think cheesy put it best:

Did you see that grab by Robinson? Looks like thats why they brought him in. And Favre sure kept the play alive for the TD to Driver! The O line is doing a pretty good job pass blocking. Hope they keep it up!
And you see how Favre reacts when he throws a TD? He's STILL like a kid out on the field! You can SEE he loves the game!
20 more TD's to pass Marino! He might still do it this year!

HERE-HERE! :D

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It was a great game for Brett. He was moving around very well, keeping plays alive with his feet. All those poor Lions fans had to see their team get beaten, but at least they can say they saw Brett Favre play one of his better games.

The amazing thing about the 340 yards is that he did it in spite of Donald Driver having a very quiet day--just two catches for 12 yards, by my count. Brett was really spreading the ball around.

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Greg C. said:
The amazing thing about the 340 yards is that he did it in spite of Donald Driver having a very quiet day--just two catches for 12 yards, by my count. Brett was really spreading the ball around.

Very good point Greg C, he did spread that ball around today !!!

majikman

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The amazing thing is that Brett did it on this team, which lets' face it, is young and still not very good. Imagine if the Pack had some real talent on it, what he could do.

Some people just don't want to give him credit. "It was against the Lions." "He started out strong last year, and you saw what happened". "Yadda yadda yadda..BUULLSHIT"...

Man. I don't know what some "fans" have against him, but it is something.

No, Winni..I don't know this 66 character to which you refer.

But Yeeeeehaaaaww..the Packers won!

Effin A'

Reaction score
majikman said:
The amazing thing is that Brett did it on this team, which lets' face it, is young and still not very good. Imagine if the Pack had some real talent on it, what he could do.

I disagree with you here in terms of not having real talent.

They do have talent, in fact a good collection of it, but the experience level is what kills them. If this team was a bit more experienced, then Brett could have led them to a run.

majikman

Cheesehead
Reaction score
JbShell said:
looked it up he is one more td and one less pick
2005 through 3 games 5 tds 4 picks
2006 6 tds 3 picks

We're not suggesting they'll be a repeat of last year, are we?

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
JbShell said:
looked it up he is one more td and one less pick
2005 through 3 games 5 tds 4 picks
2006 6 tds 3 picks

Yes, he did get off to a good start last year. He sort of hit the wall in the Cincinnati game, around week 7 or so. That's when it became obvious that the team just didn't have what it takes, and Favre really started pressing. Hopefully this year the team will improve as the season goes on, so that won't happen again. He sure was a joy to watch today.

majikman

Cheesehead
Reaction score
porky88 said:
Zombieslayer said:
WinnipegPackFan said:

Hold off on the 30+

Green Bay beat the Lions good but 30+ is good for any QB in the NFL at anytime and Favre doing that with this talent will be very impressive. I think McCarthy will committ more to the run as the year goes on and as the weather get's worse.

Favre doing it today with this talent Porky, "is very impressive".

Don't you think?

Reaction score
Well TBH, Jennings did get the TD on his own, creating for himself and with an assist to DD.

Favre played great, but to suggest that he is doing it all himself is a bit of a strech.

Yared-Yam

Cheesehead
Reaction score
cheesey said:
Did you see that grab by Robinson? Looks like thats why they brought him in.

That catch reminded me of how Terry Glenn played when he was here. Diving for everything thrown to him. Good hands.

majikman

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nobody's suggesting that. But I don't think that these things would have happened with Rodgers in there, or just about any else in the NFL either, other than Favre. You'd have to agree with that, wouldn't you?

But it's interesting that some people here are already making excuses about his play.

What about last week AADP?

Kind of funny that everyone wants to give props to Tom Brady and Peyton Manning for their play in the NFL, but not to Favre.

Why is that, I wonder?

Reaction score
majikman said:
Nobody's suggesting that. But I don't think that these things would have happened with Rodgers in there, or just about any else in the NFL either, other than Favre. You'd have to agree with that, wouldn't you?

But it's interesting that some people here are already making excuses about his play.

What about last week AADP?

Kind of funny that everyone wants to give props to Tom Brady and Peyton Manning for their play in the NFL, but not to Favre.

Why is that, I wonder?

Success stands out more than failure, and I do agree that Rodgers is no where near ready to take this team and give it a chance to win like Favre does.

However, last week was a mix of things that led to INTs. Was it Favre's fault, well I would say at least on one of them it was to a certain degree. However to say it was all Favre would be wrong, and in fact I would say it was more of the coaching staff's blunders that led to the INTs last week.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts