1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Announcement is LIVE: Read the Forum Post

Vinny Testaverde

Discussion in 'All Other Team Discussions' started by Lynch, Jun 23, 2007.

1. Lynch

Lynch Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    [align=left]I have not really been specially intrested in Vinny Testaverde until I found out that he will continue play in the NFL this season too, and he wants to play for the Patriots(!) I just say wow. He will turn 44 this year and it seems like he will never retire.

How can he still be in this league, he have never been very great in many years his best seasons were for the Ravens 96 and te jets 98 adn taht was many years ago. His not a Brett Favre so why is he still in the league? Can´t understand that[/align]

2. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    He's satisfied being a backup QB. Some guys can't stomach being that when they have been a starter in the NFL. He was never "great", but was able to keep his mistakes to a minimum when it counted.
    So if someone is willing to hand him a paycheck every week, why not stick around as long as he can?
    I think George Blanda played till he was 46. Maybe he's going for that record.

3. nathaniel

nathaniel Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm sure he wants to go to the Patriots so he can sit back and get a ring without doing much work. Haha!

4. Green_Bay_Packers

Green_Bay_Packers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +111
    He can go to the Patroits and win a ring being a back up QB

5. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    SHHH!!!! Don't say that!!!! The entire Viking team will try to sign onto the Patriots to be "bench warmers"!!! :thumbsup: :rotflmao:

6. Green_Bay_Packers

Green_Bay_Packers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +111
    yes poor Vikings :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

7. Zombieslayer

Zombieslayer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    If I'm not mistaken, Blanda played as a kicker until he was 48, but stayed on as a kicker even longer. I'll have to look that up though.

As for Vinny, I hope he plays for years. I love the fact that there are people in the NFL older than I am.

8. zoogies

zoogies Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Matt Cassel must be enjoying his time there - with Brady and Vinny to mentor him.

9. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Hey! They should sign Shawn King then too!
    Then they would have the King and his Cassel!!! :thumbsup: :rotflmao:

10. Lynch

Lynch Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    [align=left]Is not Vinny belonging to the dying generation of QB, by the way like, he and Favre? I mean mosly these days are there many who also can scambles and thats more usual then pocket QB´s. [/align]

11. OnionKnight

OnionKnight Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Vinnie greenballs is indestructable.