VINDICATED!

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
BYE BYE SHERROSSLEY....

NOW MAYBE THE PACK CAN GET ON TRACK FROM THIS HIDEOUS MISTAKE!

One more year with MOOCH as HC Brett...

Come on back and tear up the league again!

Your ALBATROSS if GONE! The last five years...WASTED!

But you can have a few more good ones...if you want....Go out like a King..or like Elway did a few years ago...hooray...

OH WHAT A HAPPY DAY!

I'M A HAPPY MAN RIGHT NOW...FELLOW BABIES!

(HEY TOM ROSSLEY..NOW YOU HAVE YOUR CHANCE TO TEST THE WATERS AS HC FOR SOME NEEDY TEAM OUT THERE AND PROVE THAT YOU CAN BE ONE OF THE BEST HC'S IN THE NFL..AS YOU SAID...GOOD LUCK.!!)

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Pack...do you really want mooch? From what I've read he's awful w/ young teams since he gives them too much leeway...if that's the truth, he'd be a horrible choice for this team

You also have to realize that if Brett was telling the truth, that he won't be coming back now.

OP
OP
P@ck66

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Musscy..

On the contrary..I think Brett MIGHT come back because I think he wan't real happy with SherRossley for years now..and being a coach's son..would never talk down about a coach...

But..Mooch would now what do to get Favre back on a winning track..and if Bates stays at DC...that would be a very good thing....Also..don't forget his record in SF...

I think a new coach could "energize" Favre for a couple of years..and who knows what can happen...? Personally..I think Favre has been disgusted with this offense and you know who..for a few years now...

Also..musscy..Brett said recently that the coaching situation is not necessarily going to be the deciding factor..don't you find that interesting?

Brett..it doesn't have to end this way...

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
[email protected]h's record in San Fran was about the same as MS' in GB...and the farthest he ever got was the divisional playoffs, just like Sherman. He wasn't a drill sargeant...much like MS. You're getting the same guy! A position coach, MAYBE, just MAYBE an OC, but again, mooch=MS.

OP
OP
P@ck66

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Jeez..

Musscy..are you already dissing Sherman..the guy you defended all along?

Wow..how the worms turn...

No..Mooch is definitely better than Sherman....Had to contend with aging vets..TO..and Garcia..who we can all agree is NO BRETT FAVRE...

also..I think Bill Walsh was kind of a meddling ******* in SF when Mooch was there...and that created problems....

No..mooch is definitely better..and has a SB history with Favre....

(the thing is...is TT going to stab Favre in the back and go with somebody who doesn't make sense and go into total rebuilding mode NOW!?

Ryan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
When we were leaving the Bears game last week, the guys on WIXX were talking about how Mooch really didn't have a fair shake in SF or Detroit (can't remember their reasoning) and that they had heard the Packers were talking to him regarding the OC and/or an Assistant HC position, but everything was "unconfirmed".

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Pack

If I'm not mistaken Mooch left the year before the Pack went to the SB, and MS was here for the pack's 2nd SB, so SHERMAN is the only one of the 2 w/ SB experience.

Mooch's record plummeted in Young's final year when he only played 3 games...and you're the one saying MS' success was only due to Favre, well that apparently applies to mooch as well

My bottom line, I expected MS to be fired...I thought he was a mid to upper level coach, so I didn't think he needed to be fired, however, I see Mooch at best at the same level, if not worse than MS, so if you're firing MS, why hire mooch?

Again, really look at his credentials...Mooch and MS had the same record as HC (if you discount Detroit)...Mooch did NOTHING to improve Detroit's team which had very high expectations...Mooch has only advanced to the divisional playoffs, just like MS...again, you're hiring, AT BEST, the same guy you just fired.

HatestheEagles084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
FINALLY

to say i gave this guy any chance after he sent in josh bidwell to punt in philly would be B.S.

I woke up and saw this in the bottom corner on espn news...the start of a GREAT day

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
whoops, I stand corrected, Mooch was the coach when the 9ers lost to the Packers in the nfc champ game in the '97 season...however, he did not lead them past the divisional playoffs since then.

PackerChick

Cheesehead
Reaction score
P@ck66 said:
BYE BYE SHERROSSLEY....

NOW MAYBE THE PACK CAN GET ON TRACK FROM THIS HIDEOUS MISTAKE!

One more year with MOOCH as HC Brett...

Come on back and tear up the league again!

Your ALBATROSS if GONE! The last five years...WASTED!

But you can have a few more good ones...if you want....Go out like a King..or like Elway did a few years ago...hooray...

OH WHAT A HAPPY DAY!

I'M A HAPPY MAN RIGHT NOW...FELLOW BABIES!

(HEY TOM ROSSLEY..NOW YOU HAVE YOUR CHANCE TO TEST THE WATERS AS HC FOR SOME NEEDY TEAM OUT THERE AND PROVE THAT YOU CAN BE ONE OF THE BEST HC'S IN THE NFL..AS YOU SAID...GOOD LUCK.!!)

Heard about Sherman on ESPN.com and Foxsports.com
Also going to be a press conference from Ted Thompson live on packers.com. You might be able to see it if you have high speed internet.

PackerChick

Cheesehead
Reaction score
JavonWalker084 said:
FINALLY

to say i gave this guy any chance after he sent in josh bidwell to punt in philly would be B.S.

I woke up and saw this in the bottom corner on espn news...the start of a GREAT day

Also lets see the start of some great choices here. Jim Bates please.

LambeauLeaper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Am I the only one that is nervous about this whole situation? In my opinion, this was a PR move by TT to avoid having to tell Brett that they're going with Rodgers next year (and therefore avoiding being the guy that got rid of Favre). Bates was brought in by Sherman, and unless he is given a HC position (here or somewhere else) there is no guarantee he won't follow Sherman. Also, with all of the teams firing coaches, there isn't going to be a ton of great candidates out there (there isn't that many to begin with). It's all going to depend on whether or not TT has a solid plan and people lined up, or if he's just shooting from the hip. If I was a betting man, I would say he has a plan but it makes me a tad nervous until we find out.

Honestly, I would have been content with just firing Rossley because I thought Sherman did an okay job keeping this mess together this year.

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think you raise a good point LL, that the floor could fall out resulting from this. TT said he would hope the new coach would retain some of the assistants, but basically said it was out of his hands.

So, this means that Bonamego and Rossely are almost locks to go, but that also means a possible departure for guys like Bates, Beightol, and Brett.

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There is speculation that this move was done in order for Brett to see the writing on the wall and retire. IF TT doesn't have the ****** to talk to Favre about going in a different direction, I will lose all respect for him.

I hope he fired Sherman as a completely separate issue than whether or not #4 comes back. I feel like that is the case but if not, TT is not the man for this job.

TOPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm pretty nervous about it. None of the "hot" candidates really impresses me. Mooch - no, Ferentz - how about you win a big ten title, Childress - didn't Barry get rid of this guy with nothing good to say about him.

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
you're right TO...I hate the idea of Mooch coming here, and I agree w/ you about Frentz and childress, so who else is out there? Mike Martz?!? Alvarez?!?

Like you said, there really aren't any "****" names out there right now. So maybe the Packers just promote Bates, and try and find some good OC/ast head coach, but again, who would that be?

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Congrats Pack66....I only hope that you don't have people dancing on your grave after you get fired one day. These ARE families we are talking about. How about a little class.

OP
OP
P@ck66

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Yeah..

I feel bad about all the "millions" these guys have made...

Mikey can feel bad counting his "unearned" millions...yeah i feel real bad about...

Hey..that's life in the NFL...

As coach Ditka said..."Head coaches are hired to be fired one day"...
Sherman should have never been a HC in the NFL anyway...He's an OC at best...so the Packer Organization has been pretty good to him over the years...

and if you're right...DePack..He and his scintillating staff should be lighting up somewhere else in the NFL..isn't that right..with all the openings out there?

Party on..!

PACKATTACK4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
GOOD-BYE COACH FAT ***. Don't let the door hit you in that fat can!!!!!!!!
No more of seeing that deer in the headlight look on the sidelines with his arms crossed. The anchor which has hung around the Packers neck for the last five years has finally been lifted!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HAPPY NEWYEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PACKATTACK4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Pack66 you're right on. I've said from day one, the only thing Sherman will accomplish in his days in Green Bay is to drive #4 from the game.

Has Sherman accomplished anything else?

Thanks Mike, mission accomplished!!!!!!!!!!!!

Has Sherman developed any quaterback to replace Brett? Who's going to tutor Rodgers-the "Three Stooges", (Sherman, Rosley, and Bevell). Look at their coaching resume, what have they ever accomplished???????????????

“I don’t know,â€

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
musccy said:
I think you raise a good point LL, that the floor could fall out resulting from this. TT said he would hope the new coach would retain some of the assistants, but basically said it was out of his hands.

So, this means that Bonamego and Rossely are almost locks to go, but that also means a possible departure for guys like Bates, Beightol, and Brett.

When I ask this do pleas don't assume I don't believe you, but where did you hear that TT stated he hopes the new coach keeps some of the assistants? I would like to view/hear the actual wording of it.

big3

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I still can't believe some of you guys want mooch. His offense is as predictable as it is conservative. Don't get me wrong, as a lions fan I would love for the packers to get mooch, but you guys should not want him for your team. Mooch = good for Farve, bad for Packers.

Members online

Latest posts