Vince Young working out for Packers Monday

Darth Garfunkel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well with the way we've been going with injuries he'll probably get a compound fracture of the skull just trying to put on his helmet in his first week of practice.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wonder if he makes the team if he would be used in a Tebag type situation.
A QB trick running play.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I really don't expect anything to come from this other than some media.
He's a great runner, but a terrible passer.
He's a faster version of Tebow, but believe it or not, worse passer..... wait, that can't be. Same passer, just less of a leader than Tebow. And not as strong physically as Tebow. But faster.

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
C'mon, Oskosh. ;)

It was his dad who complained and splashed it in the press.

yeah, but who runs the household....lol..... we all know that. j/k, does not matter if it was mom or daddy that called in, you are a grown damn man and your parents still call about the bully hitting you...lol....McCoy is a panzy ***.

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score

Well that's just as bad. Rodgers is first round pick. There's expectation. There is clear next level talent in a first round pick that's why they are first round picks. Harrel is undrafted. Usually there's a reason for that.

You mean he can't get spear headed by James Harrison? I'm not sure many QB's can. I'm not sure either that many QB's can come into the league as a rookie and perform well in a division with some of the best defensive teams in this league twice a year without any weapons besides Josh Cribbs.

And don't give me that garbage about him being a ***** and not being able to take a hit. When Rodgers has been knocked out of games before on legal hits that were far less vicious than what Colt McCoy took and Rodgers whines about getting hit too.

Guess you have not seen how much p*ssing and moaning this kid has done, much less his parents getting involved when he does take a hit. ALL Qb's get hit, ALL Qb's get hit hard at one point or another.......GET USED TO IT. And Arod does NOT complain like McCoy, get real.

Southpaw

Endorphin Junkie
Reaction score
Guess you have not seen how much p*ssing and moaning this kid has done, much less his parents getting involved when he does take a hit. ALL Qb's get hit, ALL Qb's get hit hard at one point or another.......GET USED TO IT. And Arod does NOT complain like McCoy, get real.

If his parents get involved, I don't see how that's falls on him. He's a grown man he can speak for himself.

Just like Greg Jenning's sister doesn't represent him. But I doubt you faulted him for any of those incidents.

All QB's get hit and best believe all QB's complain about it. Including ours. Degrees of it vary but they all do.

And once again I don't know how much production you can expect out of a QB that has no receivers.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I really don't expect anything to come from this other than some media.
He's a great runner, but a terrible passer.
He's a faster version of Tebow, but believe it or not, worse passer..... wait, that can't be. Same passer, just less of a leader than Tebow. And not as strong physically as Tebow. But faster.
Agreed...and I was calling for TT to bring in Tebow before Belichik got him. As we've seen now, there's no media circus up in NE. It lasted for a few days until the media realized that there was no more fun in the reporting. I would've rather had Tebow's leadership and inspiration in our locker room than Young's.

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
If his parents get involved, I don't see how that's falls on him. He's a grown man he can speak for himself.

Just like Greg Jenning's sister doesn't represent him. But I doubt you faulted him for any of those incidents.

All QB's get hit and best believe all QB's complain about it. Including ours. Degrees of it vary but they all do.

And once again I don't know how much production you can expect out of a QB that has no receivers.

A QB can help make a WR better, just like a WR can help a QB.......McCoy has and always will be crap. The production he wants and is willing to produce is all up to him.....you get back what you put in, and it looks like he does not put much effort in since he is now a back up....

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ask and ye shall receive:

There is more at the following link
http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/218869941.html
From the look of things at practice, Vince Young is not ready to play a game.

But despite his struggles - four interceptions in three days -- he is scheduled to play against the Arizona Cardinals Friday night. All four quarterbacks are expected to play and presumably he would be the last.

Young said that he has been burning the midnight oil in order to learn the Packers playbook.

"I’m here all day, it’s like home for me right now," Young said after practice Thursday. "I’m not in a hurry to get to the dorms right now. Right now, I’m here pretty much all night working with (quarterbacks) coach Ben (McAdoo) to continue to put more on me and find certain plays I’m real comfortable with that I can get the guys in and out of the huddle.

"(I've been staying) to about 9, 9:30. A lot of guys will get out of here, we have certain times we’re here, but I try to get a little overtime to get used to the terminology and different concepts and basic reads and all that."

The biggest problem Young seems to be dealing with is accuracy.

On Thursday, he threw late and was picked off by James Jones in offense-only drill. Later, he threw behind WR Jeremy Ross and was picked off by Jarett Bush.

He also overthrew open TE Matthew Mulligan and had another pass slip right out of his hand and flutter to nowhere in particular.

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
well - considering from what I see out of Harrell and Coleman, I think Young has a great chance to be the back up.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
well - considering from what I see out of Harrell and Coleman, I think Young has a great chance to be the back up.
I wish I could give you more thumbs up for that one.

There is just something I like about this guy.
Maybe because he's getting a second chance and it's with my favorite pro team.
And he looked good in their first pre-season.
I hope he makes it.

jaybadger82

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not sure whether Young will stick, but watching his Longhorns take down USC in the 2005 Rose Bowl/BCS National Championship was special. Matt Leinart and Reggie Bush headlined that Trojans team and the program was dirty as hell at that point...

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
The guy I keep thinking of when we got Young was Tim Couch and I think that is a fair comparison.

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
It's not wildcat, it's read option.
Thinking of that, you know it would be pretty entertaining if the game versus the St. Louis Rams if McCarthy has Rodgers and Young go into the Pistol formation with Young behind Rodgers just to play with that idea. I know it stupid yet I find it an intriguing possibility.

Members online

Latest posts