Vikings support new Metrodome roof, still want new stadium

News Bot

News Bot
Reaction score
The Minnesota Vikings said in a statement today that they support the Metropolitan Sports Facilities Commission’s decision to replace the Metrodome’s damaged roof. And then they proceeded to reiterate that what they really want isn’t a new roof. It’s a new stadium. “We appreciate the MSFC’s efforts to ensure a safe environment for all year-round…
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Source: ProFootballTalk.com

Valhalla Express

SKOL VIKINGS!
Reaction score
I am sick to my stomach. There was a brief blurb on the local news here... there is a slight possibility that the state legislature could push the stadium issue to 2012... one month BEFORE the Vikings stadium lease is up. Last minute crap. The Vikings are literal free agents after the stadium lease is up and the L.A. group is serious about bringing in an existing franchise. I guess it won't matter after December 21st, 2012... the world ends that day anyways. lol

~Val

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Knowing the Vikings they will probably either go back to the inflated teflon roof, which has failed more than once or get a broken down one to re-use which will also fail, just like their last QB.

Are they going to get smart and put on a more durable cover next time?

RockHammerer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hope the Vikings figure it out. As much as I hate them for the rivalry, this seems to increase the chance they could get moved to LA, which I would hate more. At least the people of MN care about football.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
are they the only team that would get moved to LA?
Or does LA have it's sights on other teams?
And how did this rumor of Vikings moving to LA get started?