Vikings REALLY do live in sh*t

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Reality is, the Vikings didn't give up at half time. They could have, but didn't. To me, that was a mark of team unity, and good coaching, because nobody threw in the towel.

Credit where credit is due. They made NFL history, and quite frankly, I believe they deserved it, as I watched the game. They just kept coming at Indy in the second half, and kept them on their heels.

OP
OP
weeds

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
I give them all that. ...and that they live in sh*t -- all freakin' season long....game in, game out. Any break that can be afforded a team with Ed Donnetel as D.C. has been afforded to the Vikings this season.

Reaction score
I remembered that Atlanta Loss immediately after the game in OT.

It started 0-33 at the Half.
When I tuned in it was like 36-7 Colts I naturally wanted to see who was on fire on that Colts Offense.
Then I first noticed Matt Ryan had just 1 Passing TD. So I’m thinking.. ok who got the rushing TD’s? Nobody did. There were 5 rushers with ZERO rushing TD’s??? How is that possible and where did the other 29 points come from?
Panned down further.. there were 2 Defensive INT returned for Td’s and the Colts were 5/5 on FG’s! What’s more odd is the Colts then went on to play nearly 3 Full Quarters (OT) without scoring any points.

What a strange game that was. Never take your foot off the gas

Last edited:

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I watched a good deal of that game and I'm sorry I did. I live in Indiana so it was disgusting to see the Colts blow that game. Although I don't care about the Colts at all. If it had been anybody but the Vikings I would have laughed my **** off.

Reaction score
I watched a good deal of that game and I'm sorry I did. I live in Indiana so it was disgusting to see the Colts blow that game. Although I don't care about the Colts at all. If it had been anybody but the Vikings I would have laughed my **** off.
Nice. A couple in our Bible study group are also from Indi. I’m not bringing it up to them though :eek:

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I give them all that. ...and that they live in sh*t -- all freakin' season long....game in, game out. Any break that can be afforded a team with Ed Donnetel as D.C. has been afforded to the Vikings this season.
That's called destiny. It sucks because its the Vikings. They are 10 and 0 in one score games. They are getting all the breaks. Its better to be lucky than good. Their defense sucks but I wouldn't bet against them to make it to the Super Bowl in a weak NFC. Any team rhat can score 36 points in one half is a legitimare threat to win the Super Bowl. It pains me to write that but they show no signs that their luck is ebbing.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Their defense sucks but I wouldn't bet against them to make it to the Super Bowl in a weak NFC. Any team rhat can score 36 points in one half is a legitimare threat to win the Super Bowl. It pains me to write that but they show no signs that their luck is ebbing.
The NFC is weak this year. It's had some top flight teams for a while and this year is kind of pedestrian among the "best" if you ask me. and you're right, their luck seems to be doing the opposite of ebbing LOL. With how poor the NFC is this year one would only need a little luck to go very far. Not the luck that finally sees your all pro LT seem to be able to handle game time with his problematic knee only to be taken out by appendicitis from out of the blue, but the kind that brings you back in the greatest comeback in NFL history could take you to the promised land.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nice. A couple in our Bible study group are also from Indi. I’m not bringing it up to them though :eek:
No offense intended to the couple in your Bible study group.

The NFC is weak this year. It's had some top flight teams for a while and this year is kind of pedestrian among the "best" if you ask me.
Sure, now that we're out of the picture, the conference is weak. If we're in it, seems like there's always an insurmountable obstacle ahead of us. Even if we're the #1 seed.

OP
OP
weeds

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Well, if we WANT to be in the playoffs, the Vikes did the Pack a solid today, but they still live in sh*t... and it's getting deeper.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The NFC is weak this year. It's had some top flight teams for a while and this year is kind of pedestrian among the "best" if you ask me. and you're right, their luck seems to be doing the opposite of ebbing LOL. With how poor the NFC is this year one would only need a little luck to go very far. Not the luck that finally sees your all pro LT seem to be able to handle game time with his problematic knee only to be taken out by appendicitis from out of the blue, but the kind that brings you back in the greatest comeback in NFL history could take you to the promised land.
The Eagles with Jalen playing is the most dangerous team in the league. They can win it all. We shall see.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Eagles with Jalen playing is the most dangerous team in the league. They can win it all. We shall see.
of course they can, but IMO compared to recent NFC teams, I don't think they're all that good against what the league has been the past couple years. Lucky for them, there are no other powerhouses to go against, at all. Very pedestrian year in the NFC at best.

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That's called destiny. It sucks because its the Vikings. They are 10 and 0 in one score games. They are getting all the breaks. Its better to be lucky than good. Their defense sucks but I wouldn't bet against them to make it to the Super Bowl in a weak NFC. Any team rhat can score 36 points in one half is a legitimare threat to win the Super Bowl. It pains me to write that but they show no signs that their luck is ebbing.
thanks for putting the hex on...someone had to do it - don't bother air dusting the empty trophy case.

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Vikings had another one score win vs Giants. Seemed to me the calls went their way. Theur luck is not ebbing at all.

OP
OP
weeds

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
That's right. All these things. They still live in sh*t and it has to come to a swift end. Like, THIS Sunday. Can you dig the rap? Are you hip and groovin'?

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That's right. All these things. They still live in sh*t and it has to come to a swift end. Like, THIS Sunday. Can you dig the rap? Are you hip and groovin'?
Normally id be all in. But it appears green and gold is more of a finesse warm weather or dome team based on recent history. Lets make sure there are heaters on the sidelines even if its 50 degrees outside:rolleyes:

OP
OP
weeds

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Normally id be all in. But it appears green and gold is more of a finesse warm weather or dome team based on recent history. Lets make sure there are heaters on the sidelines even if its 50 degrees outside:rolleyes:
I got nuthin' ... you have hit it squarely. That term "finesse team" is roughly the same as saying something like "Ya, Packers ... don't forget to take your ba**s out of your Momma's purse before coming to work." The ultimate slam. Good job!!

...and then, there's this:

"It's amazing that the Packers are favored in this game." -- Voyaguer

Amazing is a good description. Truthfully, I was astounded when I read that the Packers favored by the betting community - unless it was a ploy to get suckers to accept that line and "donate" their kids' college tuition. Nothing I'd love more than to see the Pack beat the Vikies and L0ins in retaliation for the earlier beat-downs/embarrassments/neutering they bestowed on the Pack -- but, ya know, I honestly believe that this Packers team, for whatever reason, is not mentally tough enough to exchange head punches with either.

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I got nuthin' ... you have hit it squarely. That term "finesse team" is roughly the same as saying something like "Ya, Packers ... don't forget to take your ba**s out of your Momma's purse before coming to work." The ultimate slam. Good job!!

...and then, there's this:

"It's amazing that the Packers are favored in this game." -- Voyaguer

Amazing is a good description. Truthfully, I was astounded when I read that the Packers favored by the betting community - unless it was a ploy to get suckers to accept that line and "donate" their kids' college tuition. Nothing I'd love more than to see the Pack beat the Vikies and L0ins in retaliation for the earlier beat-downs/embarrassments/neutering they bestowed on the Pack -- but, ya know, I honestly believe that this Packers team, for whatever reason, is not mentally tough enough to exchange head punches with either.
I didn't have any other way to put it Weeds. It astounds me. A team, running away with the division, who beat the snot out of us last time around, and has been on a tear, against our team that just broke out of a 4 game losing streak, and appears to possibly in the running for a top 10 draft pick, favored? It's just not logical.

Yet, there it is. I figure it's the "Rodgers mystique." Whether or not it's warranted, I don't know, but it tells me that there are still a lot of people out there covering this league for money, that believe Rodgers can pull a Houdini, and get a win. I think that's actually been a phenomenon most of this year. Despite everything we see, and hear, Rodgers is the guy who can turn the field upside down, more than any other QB in the league, including those who are now obviously better than him.

I think that's also what fuels this "anti-Rodgers" sentiment some people have. They've written him off for two years, and he's come back and bit them on the rear, with two straight MVP seasons. All that's left is to blame him for them not winning the Super Bowl. Right or wrong, that's how it is, from my perspective.

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Many think that games are rigged. More money will be made for the NFL if the Packers win. Let’s see what is or isn’t flagged during Sunday’s game. That being said, do the Commanders win?
The games aren't rigged, and the officials don't go into a game with the intent of influencing the outcome. But, I will say that I believe that some of them have personal preferences, and have formulated opinions on how "certain players" do their job on the field, and end up watching them closer than the next guy, thereby creating more observations that can result in penalties being called.

Reputation, in professional sports, goes a long way towards deciding how calls are made. The NFL, and NBA, are prime examples. Even in baseball, some pitchers get the benefit of the doubt, and a much larger strike zone to work with than the rookie who is trying to prove himself. It's just something baked into each of us, when we make judgements. It's the reason that people can watch the same review of a play on TV, and the majority will decide in favor of their favorite team, if it's close. It's how things work in our minds.

But, in the NFL, there are a lot of people who are fans, who think the games are rigged. It goes with the conspiracy theories that seem to make people happy. Kind of next to Area 51 having a confinement area where aliens captured from flying saucers are kept.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts