Vikings plead guilty

vikefan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Fred Smoot and Bryant McKinnie both pled guilty to misdemeanor disorderly conduct and public nusiance charges, related to the Love Boat incident.
The NFL will fine them and according to the NFL rules the Vikings can't discipline them.

CaliforniaCheez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is the same Fred Smoot who declared he wasn't there and had nothing to do wth it.

Not only is he a sex offender.
He is a liar.
He is without honor and undeserving of society's respect.

He is a viking.

big3

Cheesehead
Reaction score
you mean they didn't cry racism like culpepper? amazing. Who'd have thought that people who did something wrong would own up to it and take their punishment in stead of making excuses or trying to put it off on someone or something else.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I think Fred was only saying he didnt pay for the boat(s)..In fact I think he said he was going to take legal action agaisnt whomever said he paid for the trip..

I dont think I saw anything where he denied being there..

CaliforniaCheez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Here is a link:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2188898

Smoot said Wednesday after practice that he was planning to take legal action against whomever "put my name in there."

"They're killing my name," Smoot said as he walked to his car in the parking lot. "Point blank. Somebody's going to have to pay for it."

The team released a one-paragraph statement Tuesday saying: "The organization has been made aware of the allegations involving our players and we take these allegations very seriously. We are working diligently to gather as many facts as possible. At this time, we have no further comment."

The locker room was mostly empty Wednesday during the time it was open to the media, and all the players who spoke refused to comment on the outing. Running back Mewelde Moore said he was on one of the boats, but saw none of the alleged behavior.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Smoot's agent, Bus Cook, refuted Doyle's claims Wednesday night, telling ESPN.com's John Clayton that the cornerback didn't pay for any of the cruises.

"Fred Smoot did not pay for this boat trip in any way," Cook said. "He didn't write a check for it. He didn't put it on his credit card. He did not pay money in any regard for this trip."

Cook, however, didn't deny that Smoot was one of the players in attendance.

That is what I recall, because Cook is Brett's agent as well..

Members online

Latest posts