We have the number 8 rush defense in the NFL

San Diego has the 22nd

were 7-1

their 4-4

we beat the vikings and the charges

the vikings have no quarterback

its in cold weather in green bay

favre will make mince meat out of their secondary

no rusher who set an nfl record for rushing yards one week has came back the next and topped 100......look it up

8-1

GO PACK GO!!!!!

packattack92

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We have the number 8 rush defense in the NFL

San Diego has the 22nd

were 7-1

their 4-4

we beat the vikings and the charges

the vikings have no quarterback

its in cold weather in green bay

favre will make mince meat out of their secondary

no rusher who set an nfl record for rushing yards one week has came back the next and topped 100......look it up

8-1

GO PACK GO!!!!!

I agree with everything except the fact that AP won't break 100 yards.

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The fact that we are effectively taking it deep lately is a very menacing thing for opposing defenses. We have been hard enough to stop with the short and intermediate stuff.

Now that we show we can go over the top it REALLY puts a strain on the defense.

We now have an offense as explosive as Dallas but with a better "D" and is why we have leapfrogged them in many polls.

brennan1884

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The fact that we are effectively taking it deep lately is a very menacing thing for opposing defenses. We have been hard enough to stop with the short and intermediate stuff.

We now have an offense as explosive as Dallas but with a better "D" and is why we have leapfrogged them in many polls.

im not so sure our defense is better than dallas,,,,, according to the numbers we arnt, ill make my decision nov 29 after the showdown

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
warhawk said:

im not so sure our defense is better than dallas,,,,, according to the numbers we arnt, ill make my decision nov 29 after the showdown

We are a team hard to score points on and are ranked 8th in scoring defense to 22nd for Dallas. We get tougher the further down the field our opponents get.

The thing I like about this defense is they do what they have to do to be effective. This week we have to shut down Peterson in order to win. I think we can do enough of that to come out on top.

On November 29th we will have to get to their QB and pressure him and when we've needed that Kampman and Co. respond. Every week we need something a little different and yet we always seem to have whatever it takes in the tank.

That's a good defense.

dannychau22

Cheesehead
Reaction score
what we need to do is be more discipline and cut down the penalty's.. i believe we are tied with arizona as the most penalized team in the nfl...

brennan1884

Cheesehead
Reaction score
its the halfway point.... lot of football to play including 4 division games, i agree about the penalities, if we want to continue this that has to stop or it will bight us in the ***

dannychau22

Cheesehead
Reaction score
yea, just think of our defensive 3rd down rate if we cut down on them, cuz i swear we always give the opponent many second chances... it's rediculous..

DarkaneRules

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You know I feel weird being a Packer fan right now. I went into last year's Packer Game against the Vikings pretty bored. Watching the vikings was a hair worse than watching our offense meander around most of the time. I am referring to our home game last season. Now we have two teams that are highly competitive at this point in the season with some standout players on both sides of the ball. I am both terrified of AP and exciting at the same time for the general football fan. Last year you could not have paid someone outside the diehards to get excited about that game and now... Brett Favre and his receivers are having great games and AP already has rookie of the year pretty much wrapped up.

So let me cheer for general football fans this Sunday. I think our run defense is better than most writers give it credit for even with the stats. We don't get any love for our "developing" running game so I expect the majority to pick AP (aka the Vikings) purely on the way he has been dominating defensive lines throughout the season. We have more dimensions of our game working for us, but if we let this guy break off for big runs and turn the ball over, we will lose. So let us hope we get a fundamentally sound game from our team this weekend, protect the ball, and most importantly, tackle Peterson before he gets into the open field.

brennan1884

Cheesehead
Reaction score
good post...... its def exciting times in the nfc north, not only this year but for years to come by the looks of it, but i think everyone would agree, we cant get over confident, we need to just handle our business and put to rest all the ap ad talk now

brennan1884

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Green Bay comes into the contest winners of 11 of its last 12 games

Since taking over for the Packers, Mike McCarthy has won all three meetings against Brad Childress and the Vikings.

Dating back to a Packers victory, 26-22, on Dec. 8, 2002, at Lambeau Field, the last 10 regular season meetings have been decided by seven points or less. Four consecutive meetings (2004-05) were decided by a field goal at the end of the fourth quarter. So too was last year's contest at Lambeau Field, a 9-7 Packers victory.

good stuff from packers.com

DarkaneRules

Cheesehead
Reaction score
9-7! Man... you know I was at that game visiting Green Bay and I must say it wasn't the most exciting game I have seen haha!

Members online

Latest posts