Vikings Packers

vikingmachine

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey guys! VikingMachine from the Kansas Viking website here just stopping by to discuss the upcomming game.

This should be another classic Pack Vikes game and I see it being a real nailbiter for both teams. Obviously we have to stop Favre and obviously you have to stop Peterson. This should be a really great test for AD comming off his historic day against the Chargers.

nathaniel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It will be a great game! As much as I don't like the Vikings (GO PACK!), I do love watching Peterson. The kid is incredible, and he's not going to be easy to stop.

Welcome to the site, vikingmachine! Just as a word of warning, some people may take the playful ribbing too far, but hopefully you won't take too much offense! Haha!

brennan1884

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i think were gonna kick their butts, their quarterback is useless and this isnt a warm dome

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Welcome to the site!
Peterson is great.........hopefully after last week, he will be too tired to run hard against us! :wink: :lol:

vegOmatic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It will be a nail biter because the Packers will keep the Vikings in the game.

brennan1884

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i actuallly think this might be a blow out even if that sounds crazy, we shoul dominate this team

DakotaT

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There have been a hell of a lot more nail biters in this series than blowouts. I think it will be a close game because they always play us like we ***** their women. The Vikings would have more wins this season if their coach wasn't such a moron. Thanks Brad for not making the trip to Lambeau for the job interview.

brennan1884

Cheesehead
Reaction score
your probably right about it being a close game.....im just telling myself its gonna be a blowout because i was a nervous wreck before denver and k c and i want to just take it easy this weel lol

im sure itll be a good game

Cdnfavrefan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
:lol: I see Vikesrule has brought reinforcements for this game. We're all worried about Peterson as we should but usaully it's not to often a guy has a record game and comes back with anything as good. Not saying he can't but if I remember after Lewis broke the record for the Ravens he didn't do nearly as much the next week. At least if Brooks Bollinger plays we can put 10 guys in the box and run a single safety

brennan1884

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If our Packers are as good as we think they are and want to take it to the next level....theres no way in hell we blow this game at home in front of 70,000

vikefan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Defense......if ours shows up,we can squeak this one out.

But we have the worst pass defense in the league...that scares me.

vike4life

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Welcome to the site!
Peterson is great.........hopefully after last week, he will be too tired to run hard against us! :wink: :lol:

The Packer were very lucky to have won the first game. We all remember that game. When Peterson ran through the vaunted Packer defense for 108 yards on 10 carries in the first half. Then only got two carries the entire 2nd half. That is not going to happen again my friends. Brad Childress has come to the conclusion that the only way to save his job is by giving the rock to his best player. If he could have figured this out two months ago the Vikings would be sitting at 6-2 and there would be alot more at stake in this game. Yes, my friends, you all have good reason to be frightened for this game. Adrian Peterson is coming to Lambeau and he is bringing his game with him.

I do expect the Packers to handle our new Blitz scheme better than they Chargers did. They handled it like they have never seen the blitz before. Pick up the blitz and you can stay competitive, my friends. Don't pick it up and you will get ran out of Lambeau Field.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
cheesey said:
Welcome to the site!

The Packer were very lucky to have won the first game. We all remember that game. When Peterson ran through the vaunted Packer defense for 108 yards on 10 carries in the first half. Then only got two carries the entire 2nd half. That is not going to happen again my friends. Brad Childress has come to the conclusion that the only way to save his job is by giving the rock to his best player. If he could have figured this out two months ago the Vikings would be sitting at 6-2 and there would be alot more at stake in this game. Yes, my friends, you all have good reason to be frightened for this game. Adrian Peterson is coming to Lambeau and he is bringing his game with him.

I do expect the Packers to handle our new Blitz scheme better than they Chargers did. They handled it like they have never seen the blitz before. Pick up the blitz and you can stay competitive, my friends. Don't pick it up and you will get ran out of Lambeau Field.

We all know what he didnt do in the 2nd half...I posted my thoughts on 4th and 26 greenbay irish thread..

Packers had the ball for about 22 mins and Minny had it for about 8 mins..Look at the Viks 1st 2 possessions again in the 2nd half..

for the lazy people here are 1st 2 drives in 2d half

2-M.Crosby kicks 76 yards from GB 30 to MIN -6. 28-A.Peterson, Touchback.
1-10-MIN 20 (6:04) 29-C.Taylor up the middle to MIN 23 for 3 yards (79-R.Pickett).
2-7-MIN 23 (5:30) 13-K.Holcomb pass short middle to 81-V.Shiancoe to MIN 38 for 15 yards (56-N.Barnett). GB-20-A.Bigby was injured during the play. His return is Probable.
1-10-MIN 38 (5:00) 13-K.Holcomb pass incomplete deep left to 82-T.Williamson.
Timeout #1 by MIN at 04:53.
2-10-MIN 38 (4:53) 29-C.Taylor up the middle to GB 25 for 37 yards (24-J.Bush).
1-10-GB 25 (4:08) 28-A.Peterson left end pushed ob at GB 23 for 2 yards (36-N.Collins).
2-8-GB 23 (3:43) 13-K.Holcomb pass incomplete short middle to 19-B.Wade (21-C.Woodson).
3-8-GB 23 (3:38) (Shotgun) 13-K.Holcomb sacked at GB 30 for -7 yards (94-K.Gbaja-Biamila). FUMBLES (94-K.Gbaja-Biamila), recovered by MIN-76-S.Hutchinson at GB 30. Penalty on MIN-74-B.McKinnie, Offensive Holding, declined.
4-15-GB 30 (3:22) 8-R.Longwell 48 yard field goal is GOOD, Center-46-C.Loeffler, Holder-5-C.Kluwe.
GB 13 MIN 9 Plays: 8 Possession: 2:46

1-10-MIN 7 (1:04) 28-A.Peterson up the middle to MIN 9 for 2 yards (74-A.Kampman).
2-8-MIN 9 :)28) 13-K.Holcomb pass incomplete short left to 40-J.Kleinsasser (77-C.Jenkins).
3-8-MIN 9 :)24) (
Shotgun) 13-K.Holcomb pass incomplete short right to 89-R.Ferguson.
4-8-MIN 9 :)19) (Punt formation) PENALTY on MIN-46-C.Loeffler, False Start, 5 yards, enforced at MIN 9 - No Play.
4-13-MIN 4 :)18) 5-C.Kluwe punts 46 yards to 50, Center-46-C.Loeffler. 21-C.Woodson pushed ob at MIN 35 for 15 yards (21-M.Doss).

Now at the time of those 1st 2 series, it seemed that he couldnt get going but Taylor was doing better?

And situations of being in 3rd and long or backed up near their own end zone did not help the matter

MassPackersFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You guys got some good young talent in purple this year. Peterson is a beast, and Rice looks like a good pick. Key matchups for us will be our run D vs. Peterson and our guards vs. those tackles.

agopackgo4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm just glad it's a home game and it being played in the elements.

Are you sure you want to be playing in those conditions? I personally would rather be playing in the dome. Considering the Vikings running game, compared to ours. Espicially if the weather turns to crap. If its sunny and cold no problem. But if it is snowing/raining...Thats a different story.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey guys! VikingMachine from the Kansas Viking website here just stopping by to discuss the upcomming game.

This should be another classic Pack Vikes game and I see it being a real nailbiter for both teams. Obviously we have to stop Favre and obviously you have to stop Peterson. This should be a really great test for AD comming off his historic day against the Chargers.

Hello and welcome VikingMachine!

We currently have two regular Viking posters on this site and they're both wonderful people and we're glad to have them here.

Keys for us winning - Packers score early and often and force Childress to abandon the running game.

Keys for you winning - keep the game close and pound the ball with AP.

May both sides not have any injuries. I'm predicting a Packer blowout, but everyone knows I'm a Homer. ;)

trippster

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Don't you just hate it when Longtime comes in with facts to set us straight? LOL!!! Nice job jim.

How has AP done on grass? Has he played on grass yet? The elements won't be much of a factor as it is supposed to be 55 out.

We handled LT
We handled LJ
We handled Portis
We handled AP the first time around (we won didn't we?)

We will handle him again. He will get some runs but I don't see him getting more than 100-125. And that will not be enough to win the game for the vikings.

Pack 8-1.

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It seem like every game I am worried about something this year and this game is no different. I think they will have a better game plan than when we first played them and Peterson scares the crap out of me. While we are busy trying to contain him; they will get off some passing yardage that could hurt us but who knows, with are passing attack; anythings possible these days !!!

Members online

Latest posts