Vikings Coming To Town.

V

Vikeman

ArizonaPackerFan said:
I thought the Vikings totally lucked out in their win against the Giants.

Per ESPN regarding the Vikings win over the Giants,

"When you get outgained 405-137 and win, you have to have a lot of things go right -- like three returns (punt, kickoff and INT) for TDs."

I agree with that. The Viking offense didn't even score a TD with Johnson at the helm. On any given Sunday any team can win, but I would be disappointed if the Packers lost to the Vikings on Monday because I really think they should win this one. Johnson isn't as mobile as Culpepper behind that shaky offensive line.

with that assumption then you guys should win easily come Monday night. Packers 31 Lucky Vikes 3...marking it down!

V

Vikeman

also was it luck to when we beat you at the dome? or was it because the pack fell apart and the Vikes stepped up in the second half? which one luck or performance?

Miskito

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ArizonaPackerFan said:

Granted. But they did win, and they did beat a very explosive offense. True, the win was not done by conventional means, but who cares, it's a W.
I, of course will be rooting for the Packers on Sunday ( :puke: ) in order to put a little more space between the top teams.

tkpckfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
GakkofNorway said:
lol I think the vikings might return all their kick returns for a TD, against our poor special team :p

poor special teams unit. lol. :joy: are special teams unit did a fantastic job keeping rossum in check, he had one good return and that was it.

plus you actually think that will happen 2 weeks in a row. ahhhhh. wont happen. :nono:

ArizonaPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Vikeman said:
ArizonaPackerFan said:

Per ESPN regarding the Vikings win over the Giants,

"When you get outgained 405-137 and win, you have to have a lot of things go right -- like three returns (punt, kickoff and INT) for TDs."

I agree with that. The Viking offense didn't even score a TD with Johnson at the helm. On any given Sunday any team can win, but I would be disappointed if the Packers lost to the Vikings on Monday because I really think they should win this one. Johnson isn't as mobile as Culpepper behind that shaky offensive line.

with that assumption then you guys should win easily come Monday night. Packers 31 Lucky Vikes 3...marking it down!

Sounds good to me :lol:

ArizonaPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Vikeman said:
also was it luck to when we beat you at the dome? or was it because the pack fell apart and the Vikes stepped up in the second half? which one luck or performance?

I thought our defense played poor in the 2nd half of that game, while Culpepper and your offense played well. But Culpepper isn't playing this game, which is why I think the Packers will win. I could be wrong, but I think the Packers will win against Brad Johnson.

V

Vikeman

Like I said since the Vikes were so lucky against the Giants...Monday nights score will be Pack 31 Lucky Vikes 3.

Ryan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ArizonaPackerFan said:
Vikeman said:

I thought our defense played poor in the 2nd half of that game, while Culpepper and your offense played well. But Culpepper isn't playing this game, which is why I think the Packers will win. I could be wrong, but I think the Packers will win against Brad Johnson.

Charlie Batch anyone?? Anyone?? Brad Johnson appears to have taken the reigns on that team and is running it pretty well. I wouldn't count them out on just the QB accord.

ArizonaPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ryan said:
ArizonaPackerFan said:
Vikeman said:

Charlie Batch anyone?? Anyone?? Brad Johnson appears to have taken the reigns on that team and is running it pretty well. I wouldn't count them out on just the QB accord.

True about Batch, but to me the Steelers are more of a complete team than the Vikings, and can overcome injuries better because of it. They have a solid defense and running game which helps a QB, two things I'm not convinced the Vikings have.

I wouldn't say Johnson has taken the reigns though. His only scoring drive last week was one field goal.

The Vikings have had a shaky O-line this year, and I think that hurts Johnson even more than Culpepper.

I thought the Packers would lose to Atlanta and I was wrong. I think the Packers will beat the Vikings and I could be wrong again. But I stand by my convictions no matter how wrong I might be :D

Packersfan43084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Remember the Vikes are without Smoot so that will definately help. I expect Driver to have a huge game because of this. I'm predicting a Packers 'W' along with Chicago and Detroit losses. Meaning we'll be 1 game back of Detroit and Minny and 3 games behind Chicago. Go Pack Go!

Final Score:

Packers 31
Vikings 17

V

Vikeman

Packersfan43084 said:
Remember the Vikes are without Smoot so that will definately help. I expect Driver to have a huge game because of this. I'm predicting a Packers 'W' along with Chicago and Detroit losses. Meaning we'll be 1 game back of Detroit and Minny and 3 games behind Chicago. Go Pack Go!

Final Score:

Packers 31
Vikings 17

Vikes without Smoot help? yeah help the Vikes

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Every stat I look at ( including intagibles like the revenge factor and the vikings otdoor/road record etc ) point to us winning this game so why am I so worried this time ? :idea: Because It's the Biggest game of the year is why. Go Pack Go !!! We Need this one !!!

calicheesehead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My only fear is that when we are collectively optimistic that we'll win, we get let down. We should win this one but I'm nervous. Besides revenge factor we need to erase the memories of the last home loss to the Vikes with Moss and his mooning. Granted he's no longer there, but we need to make sure that we get on top and keep going. No PREVENT the win D please...........
Go Pack Go

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hear that, were we not "collectively optomistic" for that playoff game last year ( man I cried in some type of mood altering substance after that one). BUT NOT THIS YEAR, GO PACK GO !!!

Members online

Latest posts