Viking stud n dud

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Funny story. About 7 years ago my wife was flying for a company that did charters. She had to pick up 3 guys in Dallas and take them somewhere. Anyway one of them asked her if she as a football fan. She said "No, but my husband is." So he asked her who my team was. She said. "The Minnesota Vikings and whoever is playing Dallas." After telling me this story that night I asked her who she flew. She told me. Erik Williams, Emmitt Smith and Daryl Johnston.
She must know the people that were Brett and Deanna's pilots and charter?

D

Deleted member 6794

For 50 years the Packers played in a league that averaged 14 teams most of the time. Just by the shear numbers they should have won it. The NFL was a 14 team league until 1967 when it expanded to 16.

Simple. It''s easier to win a championship with 14 team league than a 32 teams league.

While that's true the Packers have won a Super Bowl with 32 teams in the league while the Vikings..... well, I guess you get the point I'm trying to make. ;)

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
To be honest with you some might consider this post as "bashing". It's entirely Packer negative. I'm curious why a fan of another team is so interested in the Packers ? Do you go on other teams boards also ?

Raptorman has been on this board a long time (longer than many) and has contributed a great deal to discussion. He is generally even tempered and makes reasonable posts. There is nothing wrong with a fan from another team coming on our board and behaving themselves as Raptorman has. Its the "chest thumpers" of other teams, and ours, who make things difficult for everyone.

Sky King

Reaction score
Funny story. About 7 years ago my wife was flying for a company that did charters. She had to pick up 3 guys in Dallas and take them somewhere. Anyway one of them asked her if she as a football fan. She said "No, but my husband is." So he asked her who my team was. She said. "The Minnesota Vikings and whoever is playing Dallas." After telling me this story that night I asked her who she flew. She told me. Erik Williams, Emmitt Smith and Daryl Johnston.
That's hilarious! :roflmao:

Chris398

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Our token B3@rz fans have been conspicuously absent these past few seasons.

It would be cruel and inhumane to taunt Bears fans now. They know they have a bad team. It's the disillusioned Vikings fans that amaze me how they vent their frustrations on Packers fans. I have rarely experienced any arrogant Lions fans for some reason.

Last edited:

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
How old are you ?? :eek:
Let's just say I became a Vikings fan in 1966 grade school. Fran Tarkenton against Bart Starr, before Tark was traded to the Giants.

And Yes, I remember the first AFL-NFL championship game. The one Lombardi didn't want to play in. Although back then it wasn't a big deal like it is now.

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
Does anyone remember when the NFL champions played a college all star team ? I think the Packers even lost to them once.
It ended in 1976

But there is one play in particular that he can still see in his mind's eye -- a young Pat Richter out of Wisconsin taking a 20-yard pass and then sprinting another 73 yards for a touchdown in the College All-Star Football Classic to give his team a 20-10 lead over the NFL champion Green Bay Packers, on the college squad's way to a 20-17 upset win on August 2, 1963.

http://www.sportsonearth.com/article/55399888/

Curly Calhoun

Cheesehead
Reaction score
For 50 years the Packers played in a league that averaged 14 teams most of the time. Just by the shear numbers they should have won it. The NFL was a 14 team league until 1967 when it expanded to 16.

Even of everything you say is true, that would mean 13 other teams "should have won it" as often as the Packers did, and yet, apparently all of them failed to do so.

Meanwhile, the Vikings still have one less championship than the Tampa Bay Buccaneers........

MontyPython

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Even of everything you say is true, that would mean 13 other teams "should have won it" as often as the Packers did, and yet, apparently all of them failed to do so.

Meanwhile, the Vikings still have one less championship than the Tampa Bay Buccaneers........

If the Vikings were the only team in the league....they would still lose the championship. By beating themselfs.....
:p

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
No matter what you say, I have heard it all before. Most of it before most people on this board were even born. :p
Lol, good one Raptorman. Just goes to show that the past, present & future are one and the same when it comes to the Packers & Vikings. :)

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score

Charters like this? If so, I've been greatly underestimating you.
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts