Viking stud n dud

H

HardRightEdge

To me, this has been the key to the Packers' recent success. The short passing game/west coast offense should be a no brainer with the accurate QB we have. Chucking down the field and punting was a disaster this year.
Yeah. How can we forget 4-wide deep routes, Rodgers hanging in for 5, 6, 7 seconds, nobody breaking open, and the receivers being gassed going into the next play? I love the playground aspect of the game; it breaks down the defensive game plan. There's nothing like doing everything right and having the opposing offense beat you anyway. But it cannot be the staple of the offense.

Arod2gjdd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Some comments about the running game:

Saturday was a culmination of what we have worked towards over the past few weeks. Yes, Monty has emerged as a tremendous threat, but to see the passing game go off the way it did I think can be DIRECTLY attributed to his success back there. Don't forget, this team is at its best when it has the ball in Rodgers hands throwing downfield. That style is infinitely more effective when we have a legitimate THREAT of a running attack. No, it won't be 150+ yards every week, but sometimes the capability just increases the strength of other aspects.

The passing attack looked as crisp as it has all year on Saturday, and there is no doubt in my mind that the threat of what Monty/Michael could do had a lot to do with it. Not to mention, while this O-line's pass protection has been all-world, the run-blocking has been better than advertised. Between that, Monty learning how to play receiver from the backfield, the emergence of Cook, and Jordy returning to form, this offense is humming. Don't want to get too optimistic, but they look as good collectively as any team on that side of the ball at the moment.

MontyPython

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs:
Aaron Rodgers is simply unreal
Jordy Nelson is a national treasure
Clay was awesome today
I liked what I saw from Geronimo today, this kid has potential.

Duds:
Another dropped TD from Davante
This defense is still sketchy.

Look out though, it's happening. #RUNTHETABLE

Every WR drops a pass from time to time.......No big deal !

MontyPython

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Back off Davante ! That was a hard catch to make ! The throw was high, Adams had to jump for it, He came down unbalanced and fell, The defenders hand was in his face. He is not SUPERMAN !

Agree....Would have been a great catch if he held on to it, but far more difficult than the two he dropped against the Bears.

MontyPython

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dud. Packers Defense. Other than the one forced fumble. 475 yards from an offense with a makeshift line.

Last two weeks.

924 yards
52 points

Against a 2nd string QB and a team with a makeshift O-line playing 3rd stringers.

If they play like this in the playoffs, they will be one and done.

A lot of the yardage and points against the Packers come in garbage time when they have a big lead. How about 72 points given up by the Vikings in their last two games ? Packers got 2 W's, Vikings got 2 L's. LOL

MontyPython

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Last edited:

MontyPython

Cheesehead
Reaction score
they will be playing better teams than the Vikings.[/QUOTE]

Most of the NFC teams are better than the Vikings !!:laugh:

MontyPython

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree that wasn't a good call although it's possible they would have been fine gaining several yards to maybe kick a field goal. Hunter made a great play though.

On third downs the receiver needs to get beyond the first down marker before the pass is thrown. You can do all that short stuff on first and second downs.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
On third downs the receiver needs to get beyond the first down marker before the pass is thrown. You can do all that short stuff on first and second downs.
Not every defense is like Capers' and avoid the center of the field just past the sticks like the plague. Most defenses play to deny the 1st down line for the "just enough" throws. It's why the Packers most likely go longer or shorter on offense.

PackerFanLV

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs-Arod,jordy,oline,G-Mo,Clay
Duds. Secondary-Slow as hell
D-line- should have been pinning there ears back, obvious pass situations still lacking pressure.

Curly Calhoun

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs

Rodgers
Nelson
Geronimo
Clay

Studs:

Aaron (of course)
Jordy
Geronimo Allison
The Clay-Maker
Offensive Line
Adam Thielen, for the enemy

Duds:
Q. Rollins - he had a really bad day.
The rest of the secondary - not much better.
The Minnysota Viqueens - Can't tell if they quit at some point or if they really lack that much talent. They're a hot stinky mess.

Bonus points to the Pack for being the team that officially eliminated the Vikings - Always good to be able to do that to a division opponent.

Now, let's run the table, as someone once said.......

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Dud: my cousin who got all butthurt when I sent him this before the game:
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Curly Calhoun

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
Great article, thanks for sharing it. Congrats to the Vikings for winning the "Ed Thorp Memorial Trophy".

P.S. -The team that won the "Ed Thorp Memorial Trophy" the most times (8) was, of course, the Green Bay Packers. It seems when it comes to the Vikings, Green Bay always comes out ahead somehow someway.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ed_Thorp_Memorial_Trophy
For 50 years the Packers played in a league that averaged 14 teams most of the time. Just by the shear numbers they should have won it. The NFL was a 14 team league until 1967 when it expanded to 16.

MontyPython

Cheesehead
Reaction score
For 50 years the Packers played in a league that averaged 14 teams most of the time. Just by the shear numbers they should have won it. The NFL was a 14 team league until 1967 when it expanded to 16.

What's the point your trying to make here ?

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
If she flies with Air Canada then I'm guessing hockey is more to her liking.
Funny story. About 7 years ago my wife was flying for a company that did charters. She had to pick up 3 guys in Dallas and take them somewhere. Anyway one of them asked her if she as a football fan. She said "No, but my husband is." So he asked her who my team was. She said. "The Minnesota Vikings and whoever is playing Dallas." After telling me this story that night I asked her who she flew. She told me. Erik Williams, Emmitt Smith and Daryl Johnston.

Members online

Latest posts