Viking fans predict this sundays game

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
They should be confident as they have a fairly decent team. They don't have as many weapons as we do. U stop AD & it's next to impossible for the Vikes to win. We've had games where Rodgers has been sacked 4-5 times but we still pulled out the W
How many games hasn't he been sacked 4-5 times? Seems like he is always moving around. Be nice to see him drop back and be able to set his feet to throw for more then a few attempts per game. That is fodder for a different series of threads though.

mradtke66

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They should be confident as they have a fairly decent team. They don't have as many weapons as we do. U stop AD & it's next to impossible for the Vikes to win. We've had games where Rodgers has been sacked 4-5 times but we still pulled out the W

You don't even have to stop AD to beat the Vikings, just keep him out of the end zone.

Vltrophy

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
We've held AD to less than 100 yards before we can do it again

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
Now that CM3 is back, we have held teams to A LOT less yardage overall. AP wont get his record and the vikequeens will take a beat down in their own house.

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We're playing the same team we played last week pretty much. Vikes have a better line and secondary but that's about it.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
We're playing the same team we played last week pretty much. Vikes have a better line and secondary but that's about it.
I don't think this weeks opponent will quit b4 the opening kickoff though. Might actually try until the 4th quarter.

burt packerack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm just glad we're in the dome. That makes a hell of a difference. I think A-Rodge can outplay AP in the dome.

BorderRivals.com

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The resident Vikings rube at BorderRivals offers his insight in our latest post: http://wp.me/p29VCs-e2.

Frankly, I feel and for these fans. The Vikes are just not a playoff team. They are AP and a solid defense. But that's not enough. 3 wins in a row has only risen the expectations. And, of course, the Packers will ruin those hopes and dreams of playoffs. It'll be another to a long list of disappointments for these fans.

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
I'm not worried about this game. Knocking them out of playoff contention will be sweet.

This will be the 6th win in a row for the Pack vs the Vikies. Must suck to get swept by us 3 years in a row.

packers020802

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We've held AD to less than 100 yards before we can do it again
we have indeed BUT
how did he do the last time he played us.
....and this time he has a legit shot at breaking the record.

He will be a beast.... but thats ALL their offenese has.

put 8,9,10 guys in the box and just try and contain him I guess.

Where we win will be Offense and ST (return game w./ Cobb)
Jordy will be back so we will have GJ, JJ, Jordy and Cobb playing their actual positions.
Plus bringing in JFin and Grant for different shotgun packages.

MN will not be able to keep up.

gb wins.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Where we win will be Offense and ST (return game w./ Cobb)
Jordy will be back so we will have GJ, JJ, Jordy and Cobb playing their actual positions.
Plus bringing in JFin and Grant for different shotgun packages.

MN will not be able to keep up.

gb wins.

Cobb is a POSSIBILITY he could play Sunday

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
according to packers.com, the injury report for the vikequeens says that AP and winfield DNP, did not practice on thursday. AP has an abdominal issue. This could be a good thing for us. Even if they are just holding him out to keep from further injury, he may not be at 100%.......even so, an 80% AP is still better than most other RB's. Lets just hope he is a little off his game come sunday. And for winfield, if he does play, it will be with a cast on, so that is good news for us as well.

packers020802

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cobb a game time decision....

weak.

I believe we can use all the help we can get on Off/Def and ST today....
If he plays he will be a factor in both the pass game and ST... and we really need a playmaker like him to be out there helping us beat a division rivial.

But then again.... I can see the coaches keeping him out and getting him rested for the playoffs run.

In TT/MM we trust...... I guess

GO PACK

ExpatPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Call me crazy, but I think that the one guy that the Packers need to stop is Ponder--from running. Ponder runs the ball a lot. When he feels pressure in the pocket and he sees an opening, he'll take off, and he's as mobile as Rodgers is. I think Capers may have even mentioned somewhere that they noticed this as well and are preparing for it.

Ponder as a passer doesn't concern me, although he did a much better job against Houston. Ponder as a runner does.

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
Call me crazy, but I think that the one guy that the Packers need to stop is Ponder--from running. Ponder runs the ball a lot. When he feels pressure in the pocket and he sees an opening, he'll take off, and he's as mobile as Rodgers is. I think Capers may have even mentioned somewhere that they noticed this as well and are preparing for it.

Ponder as a passer doesn't concern me, although he did a much better job against Houston. Ponder as a runner does.
I completely agree, gap integrity and assignments are going to be HUGE this game. I still remember Ponder running 10 yards for first downs and screaming "HIT HIM!!!" at the TV

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm glad the Vikings have had moderate success this year. I don't want them to be bad enough to select a franchise QB, but obviously don't want them to be good enough to go deep in the playoffs.

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
I'm glad the Vikings have had moderate success this year. I don't want them to be bad enough to select a franchise QB, but obviously don't want them to be good enough to go deep in the playoffs.
Who's the franchise QB in this class? Glennon, Murray, Wilson?

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Who's the franchise QB in this class? Glennon, Murray, Wilson?

I mean in general I don't want them in position for a high ranking QB. I personally don't like this class from what I have seen of QBs that are coming into the draft

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
I mean in general I don't want them in position for a high ranking QB. I personally don't like this class from what I have seen of QBs that are coming into the draft
Taking another Gabbert/Leaf/Russel would be fine with me

Hjalmar Davidson

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The vikes had a decent year but now its time to retire to the ice shanty and watch the Pack go deep into the playoffs, AGAIN ! Seriously, if the OL has a decent day at all Rodgers will do the rest. Just dont make the big mistake and force Ponder to win the game (not gonna happen).:)

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
The vikes had a decent year but now its time to retire to the ice shanty and watch the Pack go deep into the playoffs, AGAIN ! Seriously, if the OL has a decent day at all Rodgers will do the rest. Just dont make the big mistake and force Ponder to win the game (not gonna happen).:)
That didn exactly work out for the Texans

Members online

Latest posts