Vikes acquire Jared Allen

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
read it and weep

If he ends up getting his life together and playing 16 games every season, this could be very bad for NFC North offenses. Jared Allen + Kevin Williams + Pat Williams? I shudder at the thought! This worries me. I have visions of Allen coming off the corner and leveling Rodg, leaving nothing but a grease spot on the grass.

johnny_blood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
On paper their d-line is phenomenal, but they gave up a lot of picks.

They are really tilting to free agency over the draft, but aren't very good or deep on offense. Their only sure thing on offense is Peterson.

This will be interesting, no doubt.

TheTroll

Cheesehead
Reaction score
bozz_2006 said:
read it and weep

If he ends up getting his life together and playing 16 games every season, this could be very bad for NFC North offenses. Jared Allen + Kevin Williams + Pat Williams? I shudder at the thought! This worries me. I have visions of Allen coming off the corner and leveling Rodg, leaving nothing but a grease spot on the grass.

You guys better hope that Rodgers survives the opener :lol: :twisted: Aren't you guys happy you will have to face Allen twice a year for at least 6 years? :D The Vikes fill a huge need with a very solid player. This should give them at least a top 10 defense. And with an improved offense this year I think its safe to say they are easily contenders for the NFCN. I can't wait till the opener :wink:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d807eb389&template=with-video&confirm=true

Read and weep :twisted:

TheTroll

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Gave away their draft. Hope Fergie can puts some points on the board.

Yeah like we are counting on just Fergie to put up points...... :roll:

I agree it was a steep price. But we would have went DE in the first anyways. I wouldn't say we completely gave up our draft yet.....lets see who we get before you say that.

johnny_blood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How is the Vikings offense improved, other than adding Berrian and his 13 career touchdowns?

Or you just mean *IF* the offense improves? Yeah, then I agree, if their offense improves, they will contend for the NFCN.

BangTheDrum

Cheesehead
Reaction score
PackOne said:
Gave away their draft. Hope Fergie can puts some points on the board.

Yeah like we are counting on just Fergie to put up points...... :roll:

I agree it was a steep price. But we would have went DE in the first anyways. I wouldn't say we completely gave up our draft yet.....lets see who we get before you say that.

Yeah, duh, they have Berrian now, prolly the most productive wide reciever in history... Hopefully Tarhead can get the ball out accurately :shock:

TheTroll

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Plus Allen is a loose cannon... he might run over a traffic cop or something over there in Minni

LOL! Thats hilarious :roll: You guys would have died to bring in Randy last year and even this year.

This is a good day for the Vikings. I know its hard to take :wink:

The Vikings offense will be improved because TJack will have another year of experience, we brought in Berrian. Yes I know his career numbers aren't that spectacular, but he will be able to help take some of the guys out of the box so AD can get loose. Thats the key. We still have AD and Taylor. Our offensive line should only get better, we have entered the third year of zone blocking and thats about what it usually takes to get everyone used to that. Sidney Rice should be better then last season. He showed good potential last season. I think bringing in Berrian should only help him and Wade.

The key to our offense working this year is QB play. Either way I don't think we will be to bad with our run game.

TheTroll

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nice Johnny Blood

I don't think it is quite as bad as the Walker trade. If he plays even close to what he did last season then we will have a MUCH improved defense and the picks will be well spent.

I realize your not happy about this trade (as I don't like the Packers bringing in a good player), but lets be realistic

johnny_blood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No doubt he's a very good player and we'd rather not play against him. But long-term, even if he keeps playing like last season I am not sure he's worth a first rounder, two third rounders, and $74 million with $31 million guaranteed. (Of course, I hope not!)

I can see why Childress would like it, since it will help get him off the hot seat this year. But long term, that's a big price.

TheTroll

Cheesehead
Reaction score
johnny_blood said:
No doubt he's a very good player and we'd rather not play against him. But long-term, even if he keeps playing like last season I am not sure he's worth a first rounder, two third rounders, and $74 million with $31 million guaranteed. (Of course, I hope not!)

I can see why Childress would like it, since it will help get him off the hot seat this year. But long term, that's a big price.

He could push our defense over the hump. If we have a pass rush I would say we have a good chance of being super bowl contenders. I think that would make it worth it.

PackOne

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He could push our defense over the hump. If we have a pass rush I would say we have a good chance of being super bowl contenders. I think that would make it worth it.

That has to be LSD talking.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not worried.......lots of "ifs" in that whole thing.
Reality will hit come the start of the season.

vike4life

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Finally, thank the lord. All of this talk about is Favre going to stay retired can be put to rest. He may have had second thoughts on his retirement. I can acknowledge that. Now, he is thinking if I come back and I have #69 coming from my blind side on Sept 8th, hmmmm, I am going to stay retired.

#4 got out at the right time my Packer friends. It is Aaron Rodgers team now, and the Vikings, and Jerad Allen are going to have him wishing he would have retired too.

Sept 8th, my friends. It is on.

vike4life

Cheesehead
Reaction score
johnny_blood said:

This trade puts Childress firmly on the hot seat. It does not take him off of it. Anything less than a NFC North Championship is not acceptable. There are no more excuses for Childress.

If the Vikings fail, and Childress says, "Our quarterback still needs time to develop", tough luck, you picked him. He was your man. He has to win now or say "Asta La Vista Baby" to Childress.

vikesrule

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This trade puts Childress firmly on the hot seat. It does not take him off of it. Anything less than a NFC North Championship is not acceptable. There are no more excuses for Childress.

If the Vikings fail, and Childress says, "Our quarterback still needs time to develop", tough luck, you picked him. He was your man. He has to win now or say "Asta La Vista Baby" to Childress.

I could not have put it better V4L.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts