1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

[ VIDEO ] - Aaron Rodgers (11-20-06)

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by Zero2Cool, Nov 21, 2006.

1. Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool I own a website

Ratings:
    +8
    Re: [VIDEO] Aaron Rodgers (11-20-06)

There is a difference between reading and understanding what is being put on your screen. Go back an read the thread and see where you tailed off and stop this. I'm not repeating myself for your sake so you can pick apart words to make an argument over something so miniscule.

2. porky88

porky88 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0

I still didn't get an answer to what he said. Others were asking as well and didn't get one. I haven't listened to the radio much as I've been busy so I can't really give a clear take to what was said.

From all I can gather your implying it looked like he was irritating the offensive line. I still don't see how you can come to that conclusion when nobody knows what was said. I watched that video and that really was no help.

As for twisting words…. Forgive me that I was giving my opinion on something that deals with the Packers on a Green Bay Packer message board. I happen to like a QB that attempts to try to motivate his team. Rodgers may not of earned his respect on the field but he can at least try and take lead when he gets his opportunities.

3. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    [VIDEO] Aaron Rodgers (11-20-06)

K..i just watched this tape(finally) and...didnt hear\see anything, except a bummed out kid who is sad hes lost for the season.

4. Zero2Cool

Ratings:
    +8

and an explanation for his absence for answering questions by the media.

5. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3

and what does this have to do with an oline comment?

6. Zero2Cool

Ratings:
    +8

Who said it did? You didn't even mention the OL in your comment so why expect my reply to hold something about it? Especially since the OL stuff was addressed early and explained earlier in the thread.

Not my fault you ppl don't read the entire thread :)

7. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3

i read it, i read a lot of people going "what comments" and you not supplying anything.

im done with this thread of stupidness.

8. Zero2Cool

Ratings:
    +8

This thread isn't stupid. It's some people who make it stupid by taking it overboard by not understanding what was said and trying to beat a deadhorse for blood.

I know its confusing to read, I apologize for that. But I did clear it up as best I could. Now stop wasting my time on this. if you can't put it together then you dont need to know.

9. scotty

scotty Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0

Garbage thread.

10. net

net Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +62

It's tough to make a snap judgement on the guy. I appreciate he's been willing to sit behind Brett for two years. He's worked hard in the offseason.

But the little bit I've seen him in mop up duty, he doesn't seem to have "it".

Rewind to the day Brett came in for an injured Don Majkowski. The Packers were trailing the Bengals. Within a few plays he had moved the team from behind and won on a pass to Kittrick Taylor.

Last year against the Ravens and this year against the Patriots, A-Rod was throwing the ball around like it was a sandlot game. Breaking your foot during routine play also might suggest injury prone?

Maybe the 23 other teams in the draft who passed on him knew something.

Rd Sel# Player Pos. School
    1 1 Alex Smith QB Utah
    1 24 Aaron Rodgers QB California
    1 25 Jason Campbell QB Auburn
    3 67 Charlie Frye QB Akron
    3 69 Andrew Walter QB Arizona State
    3 85 David Greene QB Georgia
    4 106 Kyle Orton QB Purdue
    4 121 Stefan LeFors QB Louisville
    5 145 Dan Orlovsky QB Connecticut
    5 152 Adrian McPherson QB Florida State
    6 213 Derek Anderson QB Oregon State
    7 229 James Kilian QB Tulsa
    7 230 Matt Cassel QB Southern California
    7 250 Ryan Fitzpatrick QB Harvard

Smith is starting to come on in San Fran.
    Campbell looked good in his Washington debut. Charlie Frye has been a starter for two years at Cleveland. Andrew Walter behind another offensive line could be above average. Kyle Orton led the Bears to the playoffs last year. Cassell has a shot to succeed Brady. Orlovsky has struggled behind the lousy Lions line.

I think TT should be looking for another QB as "the future of the Packers".

Maybe A.J. Hawk's brother-in-law?

11. dxbfan

dxbfan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0

I found it quite interesting to read what Hasselbeck had to say about A-Rod in the context of Favre getting hurt:

"I think it says a lot, his backup gets in for a little bit and now he's out for the year," Hasselbeck said."

12. GakkofNorway

GakkofNorway Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0

how the hell are you going to lead by examble when you can't set your feet before being slammed to the ground because of an o-line that has more leaks than the iraqi navy??

13. Zero2Cool

Ratings:
    +8

http://forums.packersnews.com/viewtopic.php?t=4268&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=30

That thread has some posts regarding it. Yet, nothing specific. Just fans saying 'Rodgers bashing the OL'

When I re-watched the game I only found two cases that could be taken as 'bashing' the OL and they were just hand gestures. Unfortunately the words I did not hear.

14. BryanAschenbrenner

BryanAschenbrenner Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0

I hate Hasselbeck. Considering Hasselbeck was the backup for Brett a few years ago and would step in every so often when they were winning ( without getting hurt ) makes me think this is a hidden complement towards himself.

15. JbShell

JbShell Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0

B/S Zero it is more a sign of a leader to kick some people in the ***. I have seen Brett do his fair share of *** chewing of O lineman Reciever and others. So do not sit there and say that chewing *** is not the sign of a leader. I was in the military and saw many many GREAT leaders chew *** for poor performance. You know that one General Patton was a famous *** chewer. And How about Lombardi. I dont think he ran around saying come on guys we can do better. I am sure he said listen up you guys are stinking up the joint.

So dont think tha *** chewing is not part of leadership. You have kids? Do you lead them? You use example and *** chewing. Hey the kid had a broken foot and gutted out a game that was a blow out. I like the kid for that alone

16. Zero2Cool

Ratings:
    +8

Brett is a three time MVP, veteran of over a dozen winning seasons, winner of a SB, etc etc etc ETC.

Aaron is a young blood.

This is Brett's team, not Aarons.

The kids analogy is good.

Do you allow others to chew your kids *** out? I highly doubt it. And those who do I consider poor parents. They are YOUR kids therefore YOU do the chewing of the ***. No one else. Just like this is Bretts team, NOT Aarons team.

That's my take anyhow.

I give the man tremendous credit for toughing it out with a broken foot. It reminds me of Don Hutson when he played with a broken foot. NO I am NOT compariing the two. It was a simple remember this that is all.

And I have said I give him credit for playing with the pain before.

I was hard on him right off the bat, yes. Because I expected more out of him, more than perhaps I should. He is young, he will make mistakes. Hopefully he learns from this and I'm sure he has.

edit, the point I am trying to make is you have to earn the right to do the *** chewing, you have to prove yourself before you can start simply chewing ***. Aaron Rodgers has not earned that, YET.

17. Zero2Cool

Ratings:
    +8
    ** bump **