Vic's Answer regarding a Rodgers question...

peteralan71

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It appears the quarterback with the higher passer rating prevailed once again. So what was the last game the opposing quarterback had a higher passer rating than Aaron Rodgers?
The answer to your question is a tell-all about the recent successes of the Green Bay Packers. First of all, thanks go to Tom Fanning of the Packers’ PR department for assisting me in answering this question. Rodgers had a 34.7 rating at Detroit last season, compared to Drew Stanton’s 39.4, but Rodgers was knocked out of the game in the second quarter with a concussion, so I don’t think that game applies to your question. Two others from last year also don't apply. Rodgers had a 73.1 rating at Philadelphia in the season-opener, compared to Michael Vick’s 101.9, but Vick wasn’t the starter, Kevin Kolb (56.3) was. In the NFC Championship, Rodgers had a 55.4 rating compared to Caleb Hanie's 65.2, but Jay Cutler (31.8) started for Chicago. The last time Rodgers was the starter in a regular-season game and played the whole game and finished with a lower passer rating than the opposing starting quarterback, who also played the whole game, you have to go back to Dec. 20, 2009, when Ben Roethlisberger threw for 503 yards and had a 121.9 passer rating, compared to Rodgers’ 101.3. If you’re looking for the last time, regular season or postseason, it’s the ’09 playoff game against Arizona; Rodgers had a 121.4, Kurt Warner a 154.1. If you ever needed proof that Rodgers is the driving force of this team, there it is.

I cannot believe that Rodgers had that low of numbers in some of those games... I've become so accustomed to seeing him excel at such an incredible level, it makes it unbelievable that he could even have games like these ones that Vic mentions!

We are so lucky to have a QB like him. I just shake my head at the thought of how lucky we really are. I don't want to even think about when he is retired and we have to start with another QB and crew... somehow I doubt that we will have another Favre/Rodgers (aka Montana/Young) situation fall in our laps. Cherish it.

Members online

Latest posts