Vick not so different from a young Favre !!

Falcon_fan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Vick not so different from a young Favre

By Jeff Schultz

The Falcons have had two defining trades in the franchise history.

Brett Favre wrecked it. Michael Vick is starting to make up for it.

Vick hasn’t won a Super Bowl yet. He doesn’t have Favre’s Hall of Fame credentials yet. Largely because he’s viewed as some alien life form that the NFL hadn’t seen before, he’s certainly not as widely revered as Favre, despite a 68.6 winning percentage and coming within one game of the Super Bowl in only his second postseason.

But it’s with some irony that Favre and Vick will meet again Sunday for likely the final time.

Green Bay is 1-7. Favre is on pace to throw more interceptions than at any point in his career (he has 14 in eight games) and it seems unlikely he can rationalize it’s worth coming back for another year of Packer misery.

The Falcons are 6-2. Vick is coming off an I’ve-got-your-efficiency-rating-right-here performance against Miami, and the franchise is set up for the future.

Three years ago, we could see both coming. Three years ago in Green Bay is when it all turned. The Packers had never lost a playoff game at Lambeau Field. Vick had never started a playoff game. But he threw a touchdown pass, ran for 64 yards and the Falcons buried the Packers 27-7.

Favre was intercepted twice, sacked twice.

Vick: zero, zero.

After that game, the two quarterbacks spoke, and it’s a conversation Vick hasn’t forgotten. “He told me that I was going to be a great player in this league and that I was going to have a great career,â€

JbShell

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Problem is this

1. Vick is not Favre and Favre is not Vick

2. Vick while he may be able to throw he often times runs amock.

3. Favre has played 15 years straight without dibilitating injury thus far. Vick as per his style will not last 15 years as a productive QB

4. Vick may some day lead his team to a Suberbowl but the 1996 GB campaign is what I would call a desitny run. Until the Falcon get a dominant defense on the field it wont happen

5. There is no comparison between Vick and Favre two very differant styles Vick runs cause he can Favre ran for his life early on in his career.

OP
OP
F

Falcon_fan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No one is comparing Vick to farve.

Vick wont last 15 yrs ....wow what a prediction. You know what will happen to you in next 15 days ???

ATLANTA got west coast offence .It will take 2-3 years for VICK to be a pocket passer but he will run if he has to.

Vick wont do this ..vick cant do that ..You should have seen MIA game.

He wins. Vick is a winner.

CaliforniaCheez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Favre has the guts to stay in the pocket and not run like a scared rabbit.

1) So, how many seasons has this Vick guy started 16 games?

2) So, how many games has this Vick thrown for multiple TD's?

3) In his career has This Vick guy started more or less than 50% of games?

4) Who has more seasons with a Passer Rating below 80, Vick or Favre?

5) In 2005 who has a better TD/INT ratio Favre or Vick?

6) How many George Halas Trophy Teams has Vick been on?

7) How many Lombardi Trophy Teams has Vick been on?

Answers:

1)0 2)0 3)more 54% 4) Vick 5) Favre has more TD's than INT's; Vick TD's=INT's 6)0 7)0

Chamuko

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Favre is a winner.

Sherman and Rossley aren´t.

Vick may be a winner but he still has to much to prove IMHO.

Brett has nothing else to prove.

OP
OP
F

Falcon_fan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
CaliforniaCheez said:
Favre has the guts to stay in the pocket and not run like a scared rabbit.

Scared rabbit....LMAO

I hope you dont turn off your TV this sunday. :)

He runs to make plays... we are one of the best teams in 3rd & long conversions.

Miskito

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Falcon_fan said:
No one is comparing Vick to farve.

Read the title of the article again.

JB, you are right on the money with all of your points. Is it me or can any dork writing an article be published these days? The internet is a great invention (thanks Al Gore), but the quality of most of these sports "writers" has gone downhill so fast because of it.

There is no more a similarity between Favre and Vick than with any other 2 QBs who have ever played the game.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
as much as I appreciate other teams fans coming here and conversing with us...

Vick sucks.

He is a running back playing QB. I think cali's comment of "Favre has the guts to stay in the pocket and not run like a scared rabbit. " is dead on.

Now I am going to attack Vick's comments now, because I dislike him.

“I’m not just one thing,â€

Members online

Latest posts