Vi-Queens sign FERG

PackerLegend

Cheesehead
Reaction score
rotoworld.com

Vikings signed WR Robert Ferguson.

The incentive-laden deal could be worth up to $1.5 million. The Vikings have apparently promised Ferguson playing time, which could push Sidney Rice out of the third receiver spot until Ferguson gets injured.

lol there already planning he gets hurt

OP
OP
P

PackerLegend

Cheesehead
Reaction score
nfl.com

Shunned by Pack, courted by Texans, WR Ferguson signs with Vikes
Associated Press

EDEN PRAIRIE, Minn. -- Veteran receiver Robert Ferguson agreed to terms with the Minnesota Vikings on Tuesday.

Ferguson, who was cut by NFC North rival Green Bay on Friday, also visited his hometown Houston Texans before deciding to join the Vikings' inexperienced group of receivers.

Robert Ferguson, WR
Minnesota Vikings
Career Statistics
REC: 116
Yds: 1577
TD: 12
Ferguson was drafted in the second round by the Packers in 2001 and will immediately become the most experienced and productive receiver on the Vikings. Despite battling numerous injuries, Ferguson has caught 116 passes for 1,577 yards and 12 touchdowns in his six years in the league.

Before his arrival, Bobby Wade had the best numbers on the team with 101 catches and just two touchdowns in his career.

The Texans were believed to be the favorite to land Ferguson, given his roots in the city and relationship with offensive coordinator and former Packers head coach Mike Sherman.

Ferguson worked out for the Vikings on Sunday, flew to Houston on Monday and returned to the Twin Cities to sign with Minnesota on Tuesday.

Ferguson started 26 games in six seasons, but injuries kept his career from taking off in Green Bay. The only year he played all 16 games was 2002.

He had a career-high 38 catches and four touchdowns in 2003, when he started 12 games, but missed the final 12 games of last season with a foot injury and also had a knee injury in the final weeks of 2005.

Copyright 2007 by The Associated Press

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hate it when our players sign with a division rival, especially the Vikings. It says a lot about their receivers that they were so interested in him, though. He was the sixth best receiver on the Packers.

Robin Yount

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What I don't like about it is his knowledge of our playbook. Yes, it changes but it still doesn't help.

Now watch he will actually stay healthy for those punks.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Robin Yount said:
What I don't like about it is his knowledge of our playbook. Yes, it changes but it still doesn't help.

Rumor has it he really DIDNT understood the play book, or at least in his rookie season he had all sorts of issues with

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Maybe right before he left, McCarthy "instructed" him with false plays. You think MM read The Art of War? That's in it.

Best of luck Fergie! I hope he has a good career there, even if it's our division opponent. To tell you the truth, I'm not scared of the Vikings this year, nor the Lions. We should sweep them both and split one with da Bears, just like last year.

If Fergie stays healthy, he'll make a good possession receiver. The guy's very strong. He's just the 6th best on the team and we had to let him go.

vikesrule

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am somewhat ambivalent about this.

His injury laden past is a considerable concern, however I think he might be a (can't believe I am saying this..) avantageous addition at this point.

This isn't an endorsement of him so much as a critique of our curent corps. While the potential exists for our guys to develop into a force to be reckoned with, we aren't there yet...and Ferguson (can't believe this!!) could be a nice target to have out there while the other guys are getting their NFL legs under them.

Trouble is, he doesn't stay healthy much.

On a humorous sidenote, this would be real sweet: :razz:

Date: November 11th, 2007
Game: Vikings vs Packers

Sharper intercepts Favre, and returns it for a touchdown
PAT...Longwell
Tarvaris Jackson connects with Ferguson for a touchdown
PAT...Longwell

Final: Vikings 14 - Packers 0

Wouldn't that just frost your cheesehead shorts!!!! :rotflmao:

jdlax

Cheesehead
Reaction score

His injury laden past is a considerable concern, however I think he might be a (can't believe I am saying this..) avantageous addition at this point.

This isn't an endorsement of him so much as a critique of our curent corps. While the potential exists for our guys to develop into a force to be reckoned with, we aren't there yet...and Ferguson (can't believe this!!) could be a nice target to have out there while the other guys are getting their NFL legs under them.

PAT...Longwell
PAT...Longwell

If ya wanted to keep that fantasy of yours completely ex-Packercentric you could substitute the Jackson to Ferguson(HA!) TD with Fergy scoring one off of a recovered fumble on the kickoff team. He was always good at the special teams at least!

Heatherthepackgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I feel sad that we lost Ferggy, he was such a great person!! I do have his autograph though and I did get a chance to talk to him alittle before the autograph.

I wish him all the best with the Vikings and I do hope he has a good year..

vechenzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Even when he was healthy though, he wasnt that fast, wasnt exceptional by any stretch of the imagination. He was a mediocre player and i am glad hes gone. I'm glad that the vikings are happy with mediocrity, thats good for us =)

vike4life

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Even when he was healthy though, he wasnt that fast, wasnt exceptional by any stretch of the imagination. He was a mediocre player and i am glad hes gone. I'm glad that the vikings are happy with mediocrity, thats good for us =)

You will see how happy we are with mediocrity when we beat the Pack twice and win the NFC North. :thumbsup:

IronMan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Robin Yount said:
Didn't help Darren Sharper last year. :thumbsup:
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He had a career-high 38 catches and four touchdowns in 2003, when he started 12 games, but missed the final 12 games of last season with a foot injury and also had a knee injury in the final weeks of 2005.

THAT IS FERGIES CAREER HIGH! and hes gonna be the vikings go to guy?????? that is truly scary for viking fans.

rookie QB throwing to a chronically injured reciever whos career high is 38 catches and 4 tds!! wow

packedhouse01

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Fergie was way over rated coming out of college and because he was, he was perceived as a failure. The fact is that he wasn't a very good receiver. He dropped too many passes, ran too many wrong routes, and wasn't reliable. I expect that he will do the same for the Queens. The fact that they picked up our sixth best receiver speaks volumes of where the Vikes are in offensive talent. I cannot imagine a situation where Ferguson will be good enough to beat us. He certainly couldn't beat anyone else.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Robin Yount said:

I always can't help but wonder if this isn't the ONLY reason that the Vikings keep picking up our garbage. Hoping to use their knowledge.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score

PAT...Longwell
PAT...Longwell

Yup.....we remember how Sharper helped the Vikings defeat the Packers twice last season. And the game winning FG's Longwell had against us............"Now we resume reality........end of Fantasy Island"

uwbadger12000

Cheesehead
Reaction score
jdlax said:
If ya wanted to keep that fantasy of yours completely ex-Packercentric you could substitute the Jackson to Ferguson(HA!) TD with Fergy scoring one off of a recovered fumble on the kickoff team. He was always good at the special teams at least!

Hey, jdlax, gotta have some fantasies! :thumbsup:

I know I do.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why does that girl look like shes crying. Was she lookin at you?

"HE won the auction to go on a date with me?!"

Members online

Latest posts