1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Very happy to see the Cowboys in last place

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by Forget Favre, Oct 26, 2010.

1. Forget Favre

Forget Favre Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,791
    1-5
    And now with their starting QB out for a few weeks it's looking very unlikly that "America's Team" won't be America's Team to play a home game SB.
    Any day that Jerry Jones falls on his face and shuts up is a good day indeed.

With their history, loyal fan base, the trophy named after their great coach, most championship wins and tradition, the Green Bay Packers are the real America's Team.
    Who the hell thought that the Cowpies deserve that moniker?
    What moron came up with that one?

Last place losing Cowboys.
    Gotsta love it!!!!!

2. Mushroom

Mushroom Packer Owner/Shareholder

Ratings:
    +106
    I was actually rooting for the Boys last night. Allow me to explain...In the event the Pack don't win the division it'd be helpful if the Giants had lost...I usually root for the AFC team in an AFC/NFC match, for that reason and I always root for the team that has the least likelyhood of knocking the Pack out of a wildcard spot...even if it is the Boys...

3. NelsonsLongCatch

NelsonsLongCatch Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +845
    I have no problem with the Cowboys.

I'd rather see the Viqueens and Bears be 1-5 than the Boys.

4. Forget Favre

Forget Favre Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,791
    Yeah I sorta get what you mean. (All the post game stuff really makes my head spin.)
    Correct me if I'm wrong: Doesn't every first and/or second place team go to the playoffs no matter what their record? (I think for most 2nd place teams it matters what other teams do for their wild card spots when it gets closer to post.)
    So if the Packers do win the division, then Giants/Cowboys game wouldn't have mattered. Right?

Anyway, I just don't want to see the Boys play in their stadium for the SB.
    That's why I'm excited about their losing record.

5. Mushroom

Mushroom Packer Owner/Shareholder

Ratings:
    +106
    Right :)

6. DergaSmash

DergaSmash Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +20
    I too wanted the Cowboys to beat the Giants, just to keep the Giants record withing striking distance in case the Packers go on the tear I hope they do. I must say that it is nice to see that one of my preseason predictions is close to coming true. I felt before the season started the Cowboys were way overrated. It gives me much pleasure to see them struggle.

7. DergaSmash

DergaSmash Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +20
    Forget Favre- The game will matter if the Giants/Cowboys win their division, because the overall record dictates the seeding. The more muddy the waters, the better. We want all teams in the other NFC divisions to start losing games when their record is equal or greater than Green Bay's. This increases the chances for a higher seeding which is tied to home field advantage, first round byes, etc.

8. armand34

armand34 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +297
    We absolutely want a HOME playoff game

9. DergaSmash

DergaSmash Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +20
    Exactly. It would be a huge factor especially if we had to play Atlanta, Arizona, New Orleans, Washington, or Seattle at home.

10. turbo69

turbo69 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +41
    Exactly what I was thinking. About halfway through the season I start looking at other NFC teams, their record and the Division W/L ratio.

11. gmann001

gmann001 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +17
    You read my mind... that is the same philosophy I use. Kinda like chess... always think 3 steps (or more) ahead

12. Kitten

Kitten Feline Cheesehead Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,442
    I use similar logic, it makes sense to me. But watching the Cowboys destruction was just too good!

13. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,273
    Karma guys. I dont want the boys to come into Lambeau and light us up. Dez could take one to the house and Kitna could easily jell with his receivers and he has a couple seasons with Williams

14. YouFrgotPoland

YouFrgotPoland Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +66
    Meh, I don't like the Cowboys as much as the next Packer fan. But I don't feel any need to stomp on their heads while their down (aside from when we crush them in 2 weeks). I mean we don't need to laugh at their misfortunes. Their fans thought this was a special year for them, just like we've thought it was for us. As terrible as its been for our team with all our injuries, imagines if Rodgers just went down for the season, there would be no hope at all. That's how they have to feel now.

Also, think about Karma. Would hate to talk trash on them, and then have it bite us in the ### when we play them... lol...