Vernand Morency

wpr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Anubis said:
All I really want out of 2006 now, is to just to see the Pack beat the Rams and the Bills (simply because I have tickets to both games... lol).
There you go thinking of yourself again...
All I want is a win against the Saints and the Pats as those are the games I will be at. :D

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Anubis said:"Unfortunately, unless this team does something drastic, it looks as though we have another long season in store for us."

I think this is what we ARE seeing Robert. Leach gone, Gado gone, Robinson and Morency here.
TT is making moves, TRYING to make this team better.
If he sat on his hands and did nothing, those that hate him would scream for him doing nothing.......now that he IS trying something, they scream because it's not what THEY think should be done.
Will these moves pan out? Heck if i know. I hope they do!
Some people want TT's head on a platter, period. No matter what the guy does.
Me, i'm willing to wait and see if his moves work before i call "Off with his head!" If it does turn out that these moves come back and bite the Pack in the butt, then maybe i will jump on the "TT haters" bandwagon. I still don't have enough evidence to judge the guy.
If Morency rushes for 100 yards this season, and Gado for 1100, then i will get mad. If Robinson goes on another drunk, and flops on the team, then i will get mad.

And Luvy......thanks for the info on Morency!!!

PackFanatic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A GOOD addition by subtraction. I like Gado but this guy is what we need. hope this works out because we need good players this year.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:
Anubis said:
Now it just seems to me that he is scrambling to try and put something together in order to avoid a worse season than last year.

Well. If after that poor of a game they were to do absolutely nothing I'd be a heckuva lot more ticked at the lack of effort than I am of them signing a potential 3rd time NFL Substance abuser and some guy I never heard of lol

If anyone heard TT's conference yesterday I think he states that the Morency trade was in the works even B4 the Bear game..

hoos

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The one thing I can't seem to get a handle on is this: It seems like Houston's running game is in worse shape than ours, and they implement a zone blocking scheme as well, so why would they trade away a competant runner? What's the catch?

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They were looking for a more "power" type back....Morency is more shifty and has been described asa poor man's Charlie Garner. Good in all phases of the game with some explosiveness.

Anubis

Cheesehead
Reaction score
cheesey said:
TT is making moves, TRYING to make this team better.

I just wish he would have tried a little harder in the preseason. It's great that he is bringing in Morency if he is an upgrade over Gado, but I still think that the Robinson signing was a combination of nepotism and desperation. In one move he did a complete 180 from what he said he stood for when he came here. Robinson is not "Packer people" no matter which way you slice it. The lack of integrity TT displayed in this move is utterly appalling.

cheesey said:
If he sat on his hands and did nothing, those that hate him would scream for him doing nothing.......now that he IS trying something, they scream because it's not what THEY think should be done.

I am not freaking out about Morency. However, you can see from the above that I am not pleased about Robinson. TT should never have publically stated what he did about "Packer people" if he didn't actually believe it. Furthermore, bringing in a convicted criminal who is currently facing his 2nd DUI charge in two years simply because you drafted him is the exact kind of nonsense that allowed Rossley to keep his job under Sherman.

cheesey said:
Will these moves pan out? Heck if i know. I hope they do! Some people want TT's head on a platter, period. No matter what the guy does. Me, i'm willing to wait and see if his moves work before i call "Off with his head!" If it does turn out that these moves come back and bite the Pack in the butt, then maybe i will jump on the "TT haters" bandwagon. I still don't have enough evidence to judge the guy.

I am judging him on what I consider bad judgements and lack of integrity. TT could have signed a quality reciever during preseason before having to resort to criminals once regular season begins. There are many examples of this lack of foresight on TT's part I could cite, but I am personally getting tired of debating them. Some people on here seem to take extreme offense whe you post anything critical about the team's management, and it is really starting to ruin this forum. Some people have actually said I have no right to criticize TT as I am not paid millions to run the team. By the same logic, that would mean you do not have a right to criticize Favre, Carroll, Woodson or any other member of the organization as well. No one here gets paid to play for the Packers on Sunday, so why do they feel that they have a right to criticize the players and not the management? This kind of nonsense is one of the reasons I haven't really been coming to this board. Lately there is not really a lot worth coming here for.

cheesey said:
And Luvy......thanks for the info on Morency!!!

I agree. That was very enlightening. Thank you.

agopackgo4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sad to see Samkon out, but if this guy can help us more I definitly want him. Correct me if i'm wrong but dont the Texans run the zone blocking like the packers?

Gopackgo82

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Anubis said:
cheesey said:
Will these moves pan out? Heck if i know. I hope they do! Some people want TT's head on a platter, period. No matter what the guy does. Me, i'm willing to wait and see if his moves work before i call "Off with his head!" If it does turn out that these moves come back and bite the Pack in the butt, then maybe i will jump on the "TT haters" bandwagon. I still don't have enough evidence to judge the guy.

I am judging him on what I consider bad judgements and lack of integrity. TT could have signed a quality reciever during preseason before having to resort to criminals once regular season begins. There are many examples of this lack of foresight on TT's part I could cite, but I am personally getting tired of debating them. Some people on here seem to take extreme offense whe you post anything critical about the team's management, and it is really starting to ruin this forum. Some people have actually said I have no right to criticize TT as I am not paid millions to run the team. By the same logic, that would mean you do not have a right to criticize Favre, Carroll, Woodson or any other member of the organization as well. No one here gets paid to play for the Packers on Sunday, so why do they feel that they have a right to criticize the players and not the management? This kind of nonsense is one of the reasons I haven't really been coming to this board. Lately there is not really a lot worth coming here for.

Anyone who says that you have no right to criticize TT is wrong. Go ahead and question his moves if you disagree with them. What's ridiculous is when TT makes a move and people jump all over him and demand that he be fired or claim that "this ******* is completely destroying the Packers". He's been here for just over one year. Give him a freaking chance.

So yeah, question him if you feel the need. That's fine. TT's not perfect. Some people (not you) just get a little carried away with it is all.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Both the Morency and Robinson moves were made to upgrade depth and special teams. We potentially went from Herron and Gado back there to Robinson and Morency returning kicks. I think that's a pretty good upgrade to our return game. At least on paper.

In terms of depth the Robinson signing is an upgrade but the trade is questionable. We'll see. Morency looked good in Houston at times but Gado proved last year he could carry the rock for the most part. I never thought of him as anything but a situational back but he's a better situational back than Morency in my opinion.

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Runs in the 4.5 range. Was downgraded at the draft for 40s in the 4.6 range, but his prior and subsequent runs all fall in the 4.5 range.

MajicMan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Don't get me wrong, like just about everyone here, I thought Samkon was the man...I really great individual, and awesome story from a forgettable season...

But I think we got the back with the better upside in this deal...And that's all that matters to me.

Samkon will prob help the Texans this season...

So I think this is a win-win...And a nice deal by TT.

I have plenty of things I'm not happy about, when it comes to TT...

But I can't complain about this move.

I guess, like everything, we'll just have to wait and see how it turns out...

And, yes, thanks for the info from the Texans fan. Gado is a total effort guy, and a great person, you will come to enjoy his play...Like I said, I think your getting the lesser of the two backs when it comes to talent, but I think Samkon can help your team NOW, more then Morency. Samkon will give his all...and is a pretty damn good spot starter...

Does Gado have a shot at #1? Lundy seems to be living on borrowed time with Dayne...But come'on, it's Dayne. I think the Sherman-a-tor wants Gado carrying the ball...???...

Best of luck.

wpr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
porky88 said:
Both the Morency and Robinson moves were made to upgrade depth and special teams.

I think part of the problem is with TT "upgrading the Packers depth".

Granted that is in deed needed. However, based on the team's performance in both the preseason and their 1st game, the real need is to upgrade their 1st string players as well. Perhaps that is where TT should have spent most of his time and energy the past 2 off seasons. (I don't think accumulating a bunch of lower draft choices and picking up players off the waiver wire is the answer to filling the holes they have in the starting 22.)

OP
OP
Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
hoos said:
The one thing I can't seem to get a handle on is this: It seems like Houston's running game is in worse shape than ours, and they implement a zone blocking scheme as well, so why would they trade away a competant runner? What's the catch?

He's not here to be our featured back. He's here for third down and kick returns.

Ahman Green is the featured back and he looks gooooood ;)

CaliforniaCheez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That Gado guy must not be "Packer People" the way Robinson is.

Anyway, you pick up and undrafted free agent off the street and a year later you trade him for a guy who was a third round pick the same year as the guy cut.

Maybe it helps make up for cutting Joey Thomas after the trading deadline and getting nothing in return.

It appears Tony Fisher is missed more than last spring.

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Considering how useless Gado was in this scheme--and I hate to say that, because I really like the guy and he did a great job for us last year--I don't see that we have anything to lose. Even if Morency is just as useless, the trade is a wash.

I think Gado just barely made the roster this year. Concerns about Gado having trouble picking up this scheme were first mentioned way back in June at the OTA's. Since then, Gado demonstrated absolutely no improvement, and knowing him, it was not for lack of trying. Apparently he just didn't have the knack for it.

Members online