Verba signs with the Lions

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just heard on Fox news, Verba signed with the Lions. There goes any chance of getting him back.

big3

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't know how true it is, but rumor has it he's already penciled in as a starter.

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I thought the Packers would nab him after Barry's injury. TT must feel comfortable with the guys in camp or what he's hearing may hit the June cuts. Who knows?

PackerLegend

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nicholas J. Cotsonika, of the Detroit Free Press, reports newly signed Detroit Lions OL Ross Verba said he came with the expectation of starting at left guard and lined up as the starter there Wednesday, May 31. "I'll be starting," Verba said. "I'll earn it. I don't not start."

I don't not start In a way that seems like an a-hole but thats just me.

big3

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He'll have to earn it just like every other player in Detroit. No more free rides.

OP
OP
C

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
big3 said:
He'll have to earn it just like every other player in Detroit. No more free rides.
Yup! We ALL know that the "free rides" are only available on the boats in Minnesota!!! :wink: :lol:

fadessofast

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If he's starting for the Lions there may be significant trouble there. The contract can be brought down to 1 year 4 million I've read so if he acts up again which is entirely plausible it'll just be another year without continuity on their offensive line. Maybe there just absolutely certain Backus is gone though next year?

Members online

Latest posts