Veldheer is back in Green Bay

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
Gute, baby! This is massive, given the Packers situation with Bakh. What a heads up, big league move by Gute. Veldheer already is familiar with the offense, and will fill in seamlessly.

Wow. Loving this!

JK64

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It seems like a smart move. With Bak being out it's good to have an experienced backup that can come in and contribute.

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score
While he's poaching players from ousted playoff teams can I get Quinton Dunbar from the Seahawks PS please?

Curly Calhoun

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

I love this guy - He retires every year until it's playoff time, and then goes from team to team as they get eliminated.

Hopefully, this is his last stop on the tour, and ends with a ring.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
These remind me of the type of moves that Ron Wolf used to make, picking up veterans down the stretch who have that thirst for a title.

thisisnate

Cheesehead
Reaction score
not gonna lie, i don't even really know what he looks like
is this really him?
if so... JEEEEEEEEEEZ
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I know he's a large man, like 6'7" or something and a lot of beef

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Amber alert at the zoo. One of their grizzly bears has gone missing!

Curly Calhoun

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I appreciate Gutekunst for making these late season roster additions (Snacks, Veldheer) for hopefully a deep playoff run. In the past, the Pack either rolled with what they had, or signed some rookie off of a practice squad somewhere and called it a day. This is different, and it's a good thing.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I mean Jordy said he was coming back with Aj and Pat on Pat's show...let's call up Kansas while we are at it LOL

In all seriousness, love the pick up 100%. Dude can step right in if number is called.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I will say I think my gut is right...place Veldheer at LT, move Turner back to guard IF Wagner can go. That puts our 3 best remaining lineman in the middle with Donald.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As much as I would love to stick Veldheer in at LT, I don't think that any of us know if he is ready. He is obviously in shape, but he spent a year learning another team's protection calls and scheme. My guess is that Veldheer is purely for emergency purposes this week. Maybe if he gets up to speed by the conference championship game (assuming we make it), he could play at LT. I hope that I'm wrong because we would certainly be better with Billy Turner at the RG position.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
As much as I would love to stick Veldheer in at LT, I don't think that any of us know if he is ready. He is obviously in shape, but he spent a year learning another team's protection calls and scheme. My guess is that Veldheer is purely for emergency purposes this week. Maybe if he gets up to speed by the conference championship game (assuming we make it), he could play at LT. I hope that I'm wrong because we would certainly be better with Billy Turner at the RG position.
a year learning?

Thought he was brought out of retirement to go to the clots?

He also was here last year and has an idea of the scheme

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
I said this elsewhere, but it bears repeating.

To be in the position that the Packers are in, with Bakh out on the doorstep of the playoffs, and to be able to bring in a guy who both knows the offense and was starting as recently as Saturday... that's a super nice luxury.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
a year learning?

Thought he was brought out of retirement to go to the clots?

He also was here last year and has an idea of the scheme

You are correct. I think all the Packers have to think about is his conditioning and it sounds like he was ready to go for Indy. Short of Bahk miraculously recovering over night, this was probably THE best tackle that by the current NFL rules could have dropped into the Packers lap. He knows the offense, his teammates and everything else about the Packers. He may never play a snap in the next 3 games, but if he doesn't, that is a great sign, means they didn't need him for anything other than depth.

Curly Calhoun

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He started at LT for the Colts just last week.

That's amazing, when you think about it.

Things had to fall just perfectly for this to happen: He had to be a practice squad player, the Colts had to lose, and he had to be a guy that would fit a position of need. The fact that he played with the Packers just last year also helps.

The stars aligned perfectly for this to happen - Let's hope it's a sign of things to come.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Side note.

The starting guard or tackle?? for the browns this weekend was brand new.

He introduced himself to bakermafield in locker room b4 the game

Members online

Latest posts