Uyy Karumba...Brett announcement coming

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoPGo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You trying to bend what I say into your own way of thinking is a poor attempt at making me look bad.

Let's boil this down. What I'm hearing from you is that if TT had released Favre and he signed directly with the Vikings, you would have had no problem with that. I find that extremely difficult to believe.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Let's boil this down. What I'm hearing from you is that if TT had released Favre and he signed directly with the Vikings, you would have had no problem with that. I find that extremely difficult to believe.
I think the majority of the haters would have accepted that..they may have not liked it however. But him trying to manipulate the situation wouldnt have happened.. So maube they wouldnt have so much hate

I

I_am_smoked_cheddar

The Green Bay Packers have begun a public relations campaign to repair Brett Favre's poor standing among the Packer Nation. They will promote all of the very good things that #4 did at GB. The bad behavior will be overlooked in favor of (1) retiring Favre's number , (2) placing his name in the Ring of Honor , and (3) seeing him inducted into the Pro Football Hall of Fame.
Favre owes Green Bay and The Packers a great deal. An open apology for his poor personal conduct could go a long way toward repairing his standing in the Packer Nation. The Packers believe a slick public relations campaign will smooth the way to their first goal of retiring his number next summer. I don't object at all, but Favre will not be Fully Welcomed home without an honest, heart felt apology.
IMO playing for other teams after he left GB was not wrong. Unitas played for the Chargers, Montana played for the Chiefs, and Testaverde played for almost everyone. The difference was they conducted themselves in a manor that did not tarnish their past achievements. This is the beginning of a new chapter in this saga , let's all hope the story has a happy ending.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
The Green Bay Packers have begun a public relations campaign to repair Brett Favre's poor standing among the Packer Nation. They will promote all of the very good things that #4 did at GB. The bad behavior will be overlooked in favor of (1) retiring Favre's number , (2) placing his name in the Ring of Honor , and (3) seeing him inducted into the Pro Football Hall of Fame.
Favre owes Green Bay and The Packers a great deal. An open apology for his poor personal conduct could go a long way toward repairing his standing in the Packer Nation. The Packers believe a slick public relations campaign will smooth the way to their first goal of retiring his number next summer. I don't object at all, but Favre will not be Fully Welcomed home without an honest, heart felt apology.
IMO playing for other teams after he left GB was not wrong. Unitas played for the Chargers, Montana played for the Chiefs, and Testaverde played for almost everyone. The difference was they conducted themselves in a manor that did not tarnish their past achievements. This is the beginning of a new chapter in this saga , let's all hope the story has a happy ending.
Well said

E. Wolf

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How about a big WHO CARES about what Favre may or may not have wanted to happen? Here's the funny thing about all this. If Favre really is as evil and vindictive as you make him out to be, who do you think he'd be laughing his *** off about right now? Those who are STILL agonizing over a brief post-game comment 4 years later, or those of us who couldn't care less what he said to Julius Peppers 4 years ago? Hmm... I'd say if he ever had an ulterior motive with that comment, then you're among those he's playing like a fiddle.

Let me put this a simpler way for you, just to make sure you get the point. If Favre's goal in everything from 2008 to 2010, was to simply **** off everyone connected to the Packers (as you believe), then it is YOU who has made him successful, not I.

First, you are resorting to a straw-man argument. Berty Judas did not seek merely to **** of everyone connected to the Packers, most especially the fans. To the contrary, I really believe he simply does not give a s--- about the fans, as that Minnesota Vikings reporter said in Last Day at Lambeau.
Concerning Thompson, McCarthy, and probably also Rodgers himself, Berty did not want to just **** them off. Nor did he want to simply prove them wrong (which he could have done with the Jets). He sought to foil them, to sabotage this current regime in every way possible. He sought to do this most directly by playing for the Vikings. But also in other ways. When he came up to Training Camp in 2008, he knew large numbers of fans would heed his every beck and call. Those firetedthompson petitions, those picket lines, those little kids cursing out Aaron Rodgers, that very toxic environment that arose in 2008 was by his design. This is further evidenced by his call to the Lions giving as many details to our playbook as possible, as just one other example..
With that strawman out of the way, your flippant "Who Cares" attitude needs to be addressed for the outrage that it is. This is exactly what I mean about your "It ain't no big deal" and "it's just a game" attitude that you and those of your kind continue to spew. Oh who cares if that nightmare scenario "Brett Favre and the 2009-2010 Super Bowl Champion Minnesota Vikings" actually became reality? Who cares if the uproar that would result from that, making the 2008 circus look like a cake walk, creates an environment so toxic as to render 2010 impossible? Have you and others of your contemptible ilk even bothered to think what the outlash would be but for, in all likelihood, a flukey 12th man penalty? Do you people even realize that the outcry might very well likely have made Ted and Mike so unpopular as to compel their departure, let alone plague this team with distractions eclipsing even that of the 2008 circus, making a Super Bowl Championship impossible?
Who cares INDEED. Who cares if the Packers win Super Bowl XLV or not. Who cares if our most hated rival wins their first Lombardi trophy as the bitter harvest from this man's sick vendetta against us, a man who was the very figurehead of our Packers in its modern post-Lombardi incarnation. The intense passion felt by me and so many MILLIONS of Packer fans like me does not matter. It's no big deal. It's just entertainment. WHO CARES!
In so far as forum policies prevent me from truly expressing the utter contempt and disdain I harbor for you and all those like you who make utterances like this, I really hope you spew your mouth off like this in the wrong place at the wrong time. Who cares indeed.

Last edited:

E. Wolf

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Smokeycheddar, the difference between Unitas, Montana and whatever other false analogies certain cliques continue to bring up is that they never played for bitter rivals of their own teams. This is so obvious. It's like saying two plus two equals for. But in this utter madness and delirium, it must continually be reminded ad nauseum ad infinitum.
As for that apology, I am convinced that will never happen. That presser was a total whitewash. I wrote an article about the sort of willful ignorance he, Murphy and everyone else continue to engage in, which I posted a link to. They act as if he never did what he did. Oh and he is STILL carrying on with that "true packer fans" will feel as he does in lockstep unison, just as he did with that infamous Greta van Susteren interview. UNREAL.

E. Wolf

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think the majority of the haters would have accepted that..they may have not liked it however. But him trying to manipulate the situation wouldnt have happened.. So maube they wouldnt have so much hate

I would not be ok with it, and I don't think most others would be either. How hard is this to understand? You don that Vikings uniform, or bear those enemy colors, player or fan, you are the ENEMY! It is just that simple!

GoPGo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think Hornung would have kicked Favres *** for acting like a drama mama.

There are 1 or 2 drama queens on this forum right now, and no, I'm not talking about you.

That crap didnt exist back in the day.

Sure it did. The only difference is the media wasn't in players' faces 24 hours a day back then. Information didn't travel at the speed of light back then. Teams could keep embarrassing things quiet much easier back then. To claim otherwise would be extremely naive.

Old schoolers drinking and fist fighting was almost expected..... but ya didn't catch them acting out to the media like cry babies or snapping shots of their junk to send to females,

Well, gee. They didn't exactly have cell phones, now did they? You think the idea never would have occurred to Hornung if he'd had a cell phone?

playing mind games with the general management, or taking vengence, or just general traitorism, or most of all stabbing fans in the back who loved the guy.

How can one be a traitor to a team that no longer wants his services? A traitor would be a current player helping the other team. In truth, it's just a label with evil connotations that has been slapped on him to further justify, carrying on with the spitefulness, just like Bears fans have done with Peppers. A more analogous term for both of them would be expatriate.

To me, Farve is just like a bitter ex-wife........the b*tch that you love to hate.

Oh there's certainly bitterness. I'll grant you that in spades. But from everything I've seen in the last 2 years, it isn't coming from Favre or the Packers. It's all coming from a specific, ever-shrinking contingent of fans. It's time for some people to take a deep breath and look really hard in the mirror and ask themselves if they're engaging in the same kind of pettiness of which they continue to accuse Favre. Many already have and have decided it isn't worth it anymore, and more do with every passing day.

GoPGo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Smokeycheddar, the difference between Unitas, Montana and whatever other false analogies certain cliques continue to bring up is that they never played for bitter rivals of their own teams. This is so obvious. It's like saying two plus two equals for. But in this utter madness and delirium, it must continually be reminded ad nauseum ad infinitum.
As for that apology, I am convinced that will never happen. That presser was a total whitewash. I wrote an article about the sort of willful ignorance he, Murphy and everyone else continue to engage in, which I posted a link to. They act as if he never did what he did. Oh and he is STILL carrying on with that "true packer fans" will feel as he does in lockstep unison, just as he did with that infamous Greta van Susteren interview. UNREAL.

If Favre ever had the intention of "sticking it" to Packer fans (as you believe), then he has you wrapped around his little finger. How's that feel?

E. Wolf

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If Favre ever had the intention of "sticking it" to Packer fans (as you believe), then he has you wrapped around his little finger. How's that feel?

Strawman argument, as articulated earlier.

AllouezPackerFan

Section 121 Row 47
Reaction score
I think everyone knows where everyone else stands at this point. You're either a pushover or an enemy, Favrist, imposter right? I don't think this thread really needs to continue. All points have been made.

GoPGo

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I just think it's all silly in the end. Grudges are a colossal waste of time. A lot of young people don't understand that because they have no sense of time being a precious thing that slips away yet. Grudges require maintenance. You have to periodically remind yourself of all the things that started that grudge. Otherwise, it diminishes with time. That means you have to spend time dwelling on things that make you angry and bitter. When I was 25, I might have been that same way, but now...

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

GoPGo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
When he came up to Training Camp in 2008, he knew large numbers of fans would heed his every beck and call. Those firetedthompson petitions, those picket lines, those little kids cursing out Aaron Rodgers, that very toxic environment that arose in 2008 was by his design.

LOL.... I don't think Favre is anywhere NEAR as smart as you make him out to be. He'd have to be a bit of an evil genius to make all those things happen "by his design." Almost sounds like some serious paranoia going on there. Delusions of persecution, perhaps? I'm pretty sure most of your fellow haters even cringe at 90% of the drivel you spew about "nightmare scenarios" and "destruction of the Packers" and all of the other apocalyptic nonsense you've been posting.

GoPGo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Here's another thing that nobody ever considers. Favre wanted a shot at another Super Bowl before retiring. In 2008-09, can anyone name a single team that was better primed to make a Super Bowl run that was in need of a QB other than the Vikings? Anyone? But yet that fact gets swept under the rug in the name of maintaining the "traitor" mantra.

Darth Garfunkel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This thread reminds me of the wisdom imparted by an honorable and noble American. One whom we all could learn a great deal from in these times of crisis and strife. Sgt. Hulka.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

AllouezPackerFan

Section 121 Row 47
Reaction score
So let me get this straight.....if you don't want Favre's number retired you're a crybaby or dramaqueen, and if you want Favre's number retired you are a impostor and a traitor? Do I have a grasp of whats going on here?

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No, I didn`t say you had posted that, I was asking if that was the subject of the OTHER thread you started later ?
I wasn`t pointing the finger at you mate, just asking if that was the one you were talking about.
I didn't think you were pointing a finger at me.
I'm just confused about what you were asking for since I don't remember trying to make that point or brought up something that can be thought of as "whitewashing."
We are cool. Cool?

Did LT answer your question or find what you were thinking of or should I just forget about it?

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

I didn't think you were pointing a finger at me.
I'm just confused about what you were asking for since I don't remember trying to make that point or brought up something that can be thought of as "whitewashing."
We are cool. Cool?

Did LT answer your question or find what you were thinking of or should I just forget about it?

LT sort of pointed me in the direction of the post. We are cool ! :tup:

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Concerning Thompson, McCarthy, and probably also Rodgers himself, Berty did not want to just **** them off. Nor did he want to simply prove them wrong (which he could have done with the Jets). He sought to foil them, to sabotage this current regime in every way possible. He sought to do this most directly by playing for the Vikings. But also in other ways. When he came up to Training Camp in 2008, he knew large numbers of fans would heed his every beck and call. Those firetedthompson petitions, those picket lines, those little kids cursing out Aaron Rodgers, that very toxic environment that arose in 2008 was by his design. This is further evidenced by his call to the Lions giving as many details to our playbook as possible, as just one other example..
OK I can't stand what Favre has done either but there is one thing that I can't stand even worse.
And that is lies, speculation and just general BS.
Even though I don't like what Favre did, I want the truth over falsehoods.
I very seriously doubt that Favre set up anything with the fallout of his post Packers actions.
All he did was leave, go to other teams and concentrate on playing with those teams.
You make it seem as if Favre has some secret villain HQ somewhere in a mountain that carries out his nefarious plans.
The fallout from him leaving was something the fans did. Not Favre.
I think your anger and hatred is getting in the way of your rational thinking. I agree with others. You need to take a breath and take it easy.
With that strawman out of the way, your flippant "Who Cares" attitude needs to be addressed for the outrage that it is. This is exactly what I mean about your "It ain't no big deal" and "it's just a game" attitude that you and those of your kind continue to spew. Oh who cares if that nightmare scenario "Brett Favre and the 2009-2010 Super Bowl Champion Minnesota Vikings" actually became reality? Who cares if the uproar that would result from that, making the 2008 circus look like a cake walk, creates an environment so toxic as to render 2010 impossible? Have you and others of your contemptible ilk even bothered to think what the outlash would be but for, in all likelihood, a flukey 12th man penalty?
I am not sure who you are responding to.

Is it a PM or a particular post?
If it is a PM then please keep it over there.
If it is a post then hit reply.

Otherwise it is confusing who the "you" and "your" are.

E. Wolf

Cheesehead
Reaction score
LOL.... I don't think Favre is anywhere NEAR as smart as you make him out to be. He'd have to be a bit of an evil genius to make all those things happen "by his design." Almost sounds like some serious paranoia going on there. Delusions of persecution, perhaps? I'm pretty sure most of your fellow haters even cringe at 90% of the drivel you spew about "nightmare scenarios" and "destruction of the Packers" and all of the other apocalyptic nonsense you've been posting.

I marvel that you let that aww shucks, Mississsippi Country Boy schtick fool you. The guy is actually very smart, very coy. And he knew all too well how well he was adored in Wisconsin at that time, and only just overestimated the degree to which all Packer fans were devoted to him. He knew fool well that that stunt he pulled in 2008 would cause the uproar it did.

E. Wolf

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Forget Favre,

The Who Cares comment was directed at GOPGO, whioch should be apparent. Sorry if there is any confusion.
Of course he did not just leave. He retired (some think he was coerced to behind the scenes) then unretired, then when the Pack went down to ask him if he is really, really sure, decided he wanted to stay retired. Then as training camp started he demanded to come back, and even went up there to stoke the controversy that ensued.
My position may be speculative but it is buttressed by the fact that he knew all too well how many adored the guy and wanted him back.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I marvel that you let that aww shucks, Mississsippi Country Boy schtick fool you. The guy is actually very smart, very coy. And he knew all too well how well he was adored in Wisconsin at that time, and only just overestimated the degree to which all Packer fans were devoted to him. He knew fool well that that stunt he pulled in 2008 would cause the uproar it did.
I'm beginning to wonder if you are for real or not.
Either you are the most outrageous Packers fan I have ever come across or else you are just posing as a Packers fan to troll and make a mockery of the fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts