Uyy Karumba...Brett announcement coming

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wow! Even Jay Cutler is in the Packers Ring of Honor!
I didn't know that:

http://profootballmock.com/packers-add-jay-cutler-to-ring-of-honor/

Cutler, who did not attend the ceremony for reasons that were not made clear, owns a career record of 1-8 versus Green Bay, including the infamous 2010 NFC Championship Game, in which the QB took himself out of the contest much to the consternation of Bears fans.

“That game embodies everything about Jay Cutler that will always be treasured by the Packers organization,” continued Thompson. “Just the fact that he had no TDs, one interception, one fumble, and less than a hundred yards passing in the first half was huge for our guys. But then he went the extra mile by taking himself out of a game with a sore knee. That’s the kind of effort that gets you enshrined on the Ring here at Lambeau.”

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

Can I play?

rofl

No, because then there would be allegations of a fix if you win ;). To E. Wolf, I share your contempt of Favre, quite a few of us do mate, but your rantings are not helping your cause here, just change the record and do yourself a favour :tup:.

OCBP

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No, because then there would be allegations of a fix if you win ;). To E. Wolf, I share your contempt of Favre, quite a few of us do mate, but your rantings are not helping your cause here, just change the record and do yourself a favour :tup:.
Sad that Wolf gets to rant and my indigestion puts me at risk to get thrown off the sight!

I

ForgetFavre mentioned something in an earlier (locked) thread. I was absolutely certain that earlier this week I read an article in which Favre stated he expected boos from some of the crowd but didn`t care. To quote him "I am entitled to be enshrined because of what I did in Green Bay". I`ve searched and searched and can`t find it. Is this the whitewash you mention FF ?. THIS is another reason I hate the man, his arrogance. Nobody is entitled to be rewarded for what they got paid to do for a living, Nobody. Is that the whitewash you mention ?
All I`m going to say here to BOTH sides of this argument is this....Everybody has, and has every right to feel the way they do. Nobody is going to wake up one morning and suddenly change their mind, so why are we banging heads ???? Whatever happens on the day they decide to do this, will happen ffs !! WE can`t change anything, we might not like it, or we might ?? but all that is happening here on the forum is name calling and snipes at each other. I started a thread as a joke :tdown: and wished to God I hadn`t.
I wish the Whole subject could be ignored completely in the recent threads list. :mad:

Last edited by a moderator:

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
Then I guess Peppers is also the "lowest form of life." Better start hating him too. A traitor is a traitor no matter which color he switches to, is he not? Or is it okay when that "traitor" comes to your team? Oh, and make sure you add Longwell to that list too.

You trying to bend what I say into your own way of thinking is a poor attempt at making me look bad. What Favre did and what peppers did are two MAJORLY DIFFERENT THINGS PAL. Peppers left because the bears gave him up and he still wanted to play, WE made him an offer that HE accepted. There was no drama with him leaving the bears, no media blast, no bad mouthing...... and it's not like he was sneaky either....he didnt run off to play for an AFC team to get away, retire AGAIN, then unretire to come to the packers. Nor did peppers have over a decade with the bears, the packers are his 3rd team and each time he left a team it was in a good mannor. Hell, I live in NC and people here still sport their peppers jerseys. Apples to oranges buddy, not even close..... if ya can't see that then you need a trip to the eye doctor.

E. Wolf

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Fer Chrissake Peppers was never the face of the Bears of teh way Favre was for the Packers. Before this whole thing, no player signified a sports franchise they way Favre represented the Packers, which in the end was probably a bad way. Remember how Madden would say BRETTFAVRE (as if one word) and the Packers.
Anyway trying to suggest that Peppers going to the Pack is the same thing is just another distortion by the Favreists.

E. Wolf

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ForgetFavre mentioned something in an earlier (locked) thread. I was absolutely certain that earlier this week I read an article in which Favre stated he expected boos from some of the crowd but didn`t care. To quote him "I am entitled to be enshrined because of what I did in Green Bay". I`ve searched and searched and can`t find it. Is this the whitewash you mention FF ?. THIS is another reason I hate the man, his arrogance. Nobody is entitled to be rewarded for what they got paid to do for a living, Nobody. Is that the whitewash you mention ?
All I`m going to say here to BOTH sides of this argument is this....Everybody has, and has every right to feel the way they do. Nobody is going to wake up one morning and suddenly change their mind, so why are we banging heads ???? Whatever happens on the day they decide to do this, will happen ffs !! WE can`t change anything, we might not like it, or we might ?? but all that is happening here on the forum is name calling and snipes at each other. I started a thread as a joke :tdown: and wished to God I hadn`t.
I wish the Whole subject could be ignored completely in the recent threads list. :mad:

I would be most interested in reading this. Please and thank you!

H

HardRightEdge

Given Favre's habit of not showing up for work on time, I think it fair that his number should be unretired and his name removed from the ring of honor during OTAs and preseason, then restored for opening day.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I would be most interested in reading this. Please and thank you!

I dont think that is a direct quote

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/1...ied-lambeau-field-boos-green-bay-packers-fans

Favre's former Packers teammate and close friend during their playing days, tight end Mark Chmura, recently told ESPNWisconsin.com that Favre backed out of an appearance last season at Lambeau Field for fear of being booed.

"I've heard that was a concern of mine, and I'm here to tell you I'm not," Favre said Monday. "I'm not worried about that. I'm well aware that you can't please everyone. Not everyone's going to like you regardless, and you know what, so be it. But I think the 16 years that I had in Green Bay speaks for itself

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
By your argument, they need to paint over Hornung's name then, because he certainly had a lot of character issues.
Any Packers player in the NFL HOF is on the "ring of honor" around Lambeau. If you're talking about number retirement, Hornung's no. 5 has never been officially retired. It should be retired before no. 4 in my opinion.

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
I think Hornung would have kicked Favres *** for acting like a drama mama. That crap didnt exist back in the day. Old schoolers drinking and fist fighting was almost expected..... but ya didn't catch them acting out to the media like cry babies or snapping shots of their junk to send to females, playing mind games with the general management, or taking vengence, or just general traitorism, or most of all stabbing fans in the back who loved the guy. To me, Farve is just like a bitter ex-wife........the b*tch that you love to hate.

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think Hornung would have kicked Favres *** for acting like a drama mama. That crap didnt exist back in the day. Old schoolers drinking and fist fighting was almost expected..... but ya didn't catch them acting out to the media like cry babies or snapping shots of their junk to send to females, playing mind games with the general management, or taking vengence, or just general traitorism, or most of all stabbing fans in the back who loved the guy. To me, Farve is just like a bitter ex-wife........the b*tch that you love to hate.
It might also be reasonable to point out that Hornung was single when he was playing....

E. Wolf

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Excellent. My only quibble is the ex-wife comparison. Never liked it. Smacks too much of a man crush. Although almost all analogies are imperfect upon closer examination.

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, from watching that packers history program that was on nfl network, hornung had tons of chicks chasing him....lucky bastard.
My wife, while in college, worked during the summer with a girl who was dating Hornung. Lots of stories....bottom line is that the girl had a lot of fun with him. Everybody around the Fox River Valley liked Hornung; and nobody more than Lombardi.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not sure what it was that you think I posted.
And then I see that LTF tried to help and I don't remember posting that.

I think the reason why there are so many of these anti-BrINT posts is because:
1) Bringing it up re-pushes buttons.
and
2) What else can we do?
I agree with you that things of the Packers acknowledging are going to happen and there is nothing we can do to stop it. And I think that for a lot of us, me included, this is the only place where we can voice our objections.
We are powerless to stop it yet I think we don't want to feel like we are or we want to feel like we can be in control of something.

You can ignore threads. Are you not able to ignore this one?

Anyway, I feel like I've written my piece on the subject and posters know my feelings on the issue, so I'm done with this subject. I may respond to another post or two but I feel like it's run the course for me for now.
I'll do my darndest to really Forget Favre and Remember Rogers. (If I could change my screen name to the former, I would do that.)

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If they can make a dead Tupac and Michael Jackson appear on stage then they could somehow create a fight between Hornung and Favre.
You've heard of or maybe seen Freddy vs Jason? That was a wimp fight compared to what we will get with Hornung vs Favre. Hollywood! Make this happen! LOL

I

I'm not sure what it was that you think I posted.
And then I see that LTF tried to help and I don't remember posting that.

I think the reason why there are so many of these anti-BrINT posts is because:
1) Bringing it up re-pushes buttons.
and
2) What else can we do?
I agree with you that things of the Packers acknowledging are going to happen and there is nothing we can do to stop it. And I think that for a lot of us, me included, this is the only place where we can voice our objections.
We are powerless to stop it yet I think we don't want to feel like we are or we want to feel like we can be in control of something.

You can ignore threads. Are you not able to ignore this one?

Anyway, I feel like I've written my piece on the subject and posters know my feelings on the issue, so I'm done with this subject. I may respond to another post or two but I feel like it's run the course for me for now.
I'll do my darndest to really Forget Favre and Remember Rogers. (If I could change my screen name to the former, I would do that.)

No, I didn`t say you had posted that, I was asking if that was the subject of the OTHER thread you started later ?
I wasn`t pointing the finger at you mate, just asking if that was the one you were talking about.

As far as ignoring the threads ? like you I`ve had my say on the subject and will do my best to avoid the subject of the man who won`t be mentioned.

The point I was trying to make was all we do is bang skulls...and nobody is going to change anybody elses opinions and it just gets nasty for no reason at all.

Last edited by a moderator:

GoPGo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
More lies and falsehoods. It just never ends. No players don't typically do this. And this was uttered in a context that we
should all know. Remember this is the guy who called Matt Millen to discuss the Packers playbook. It obviously is not some gesture of "you beat us, I'm pulling for you." This man did not want us to win Super Bowl XLV, even long after the Vikings were eliminated. What the hell is wrong with you people?

How about a big WHO CARES about what Favre may or may not have wanted to happen? Here's the funny thing about all this. If Favre really is as evil and vindictive as you make him out to be, who do you think he'd be laughing his *** off about right now? Those who are STILL agonizing over a brief post-game comment 4 years later, or those of us who couldn't care less what he said to Julius Peppers 4 years ago? Hmm... I'd say if he ever had an ulterior motive with that comment, then you're among those he's playing like a fiddle.

Let me put this a simpler way for you, just to make sure you get the point. If Favre's goal in everything from 2008 to 2010, was to simply **** off everyone connected to the Packers (as you believe), then it is YOU who has made him successful, not I.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts