UW Badgers vs Penn State Lions

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Next week the Wisconsin Badgers will play the Penn State ***** Lions in Madison.
Just find it interesting that our Badgers is playing the team with a connection to Sandusky.
I'm not a big Badgers fan but I'm jumping on the bandwagon full on for this one. I hope they win big.
Do you have any thoughts?

BTW: The ***** Lions have got to have one of the dullest, dumbest, most boring and lame looking uniforms and logo in college sports.
Their logo looks more like an ad for an insurance company.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Penn_State_Nittany_Lions_football

cheesehurdler

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's not just for bragging rights. A win against Penn State, and they're in the inaugural Big Ten Championship in Indy for a rematch against Michigan State. Not a lot of people are giving Penn State a chance, though.

The Big Ten Championship will be played in Lucas Oil Stadium. That's right, the same place as Super Bowl XLVI. Kinda interesting to be rooting for 2 Wisconsin football teams to win a championship there.

Ironically, the Big Ten Championship trophy was going to be named after former longtime Penn State football coach Joe Paterno, but that was scrapped quickly because of... well, you know.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ball should be in the top 3 for heisman,
"in fact, only 11 players in FBS history have scored more than 27 touchdowns in a season. If Ball gets just three more, he'll be one of only five players in history to reach 30 touchdowns in a season. He needs only six more to finish as the No. 2 scorer in history." - from someones FB

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is hard for me because I love Penn State but I like the Badgers too. I'd be content with either team winning, but I like my Nittany Lions better. A lot of people are making this out to be more about Sandusky than football, they are giving him too much power. It's gonna be a good game for sure with a lot on the line.

cheesehurdler

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is hard for me because I love Penn State but I like the Badgers too. I'd be content with either team winning, but I like my Nittany Lions better. A lot of people are making this out to be more about Sandusky than football, they are giving him too much power. It's gonna be a good game for sure with a lot on the line.

Yeah, this is basically the Big Ten version of the NFCCG. Win and you're in. I'm hoping for a well-fought, injury-free game from both sides, and for the game to not go too much out of hand, since this game is taking place at Madison.

As for the whole Sandusky thing, there are some issues that occur that transcend sports. I'm guessing you don't want to be reminded of it constantly when you're watching Penn State games, if at all. I mean, isn't the purpose of watching football to get away from such controversial things?

And, I hate how Sandusky tried to dodge the questions about the scandal during the interview and reflect the blame on other members of the institution, like he was thinking "If I'm going down, I'm taking everybody with me". He already marred JoePa's legendary reputation even though I've seen no proof that JoePa had any part of the scandal. That's like having a former Packer become a serial killer, then blame Lombardi for sending his life downhill. 46 years of coaching history, and in a matter of a week, it all gets ruined for something that's not even your fault. Absolutely tragic.

OP
OP
Forget Favre

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well of course you do because your a cat.
So no surprise there! :D

North44

Cheesehead
Reaction score

This has been an upside-down, inside-out college football year for sure. It reminds me of Alice in Wonderland. Nothing would be what it is because everything would be what it isn't. And contrary-wise; what it is it wouldn't be, and what it wouldn't be, it would. You see? Seems like the only ones that have come out unscathed so far are the LSU Tigers. Good luck to Penn State but I'll be rooting for my beloved Badgers!

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
Congrats Badgers and fans!!! I hope you guys win all!!! It wasn't to be for my Nittany Lions but I have room in my heart for some Badgers! Ball should be in the running for the Heisman. No doubt. Flat out brilliant, 4 TDs?!!!!!!!!!