Use Your weapons/No huddle

aristotle

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Very dissappointing game Sunday night to say the least. No adjustment on offense at halftime was bad too. The Packers should have come out and went no huddle. That would have limited the Giants ability to substitute lineman.
They also need to keep all there weapons happy. James Jones was great in relief of Jordy, and to just not use him is stupid. Donald Driver is also a good option. With 3-4 of these weapons in at all times, they cant cover everyone.
Can they stop throwing a 5 yard pass on 3rd and 8????? Hate seeing that.

jaybadger82

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Can they stop finding themselves in third and eight?

I like the idea of running more hurry up to neutralize the Giants' ability to rotate linemen but I would have gone with more two tight end sets, similar to the second half against SEA. I don't think spreading the offense with multiple receivers makes a lot of sense where Rodgers doesn't have time to work through his progressions.

Disappointed with the halftime adjustments myself.

Giants are a very tough match-up for us and they had an extra week to prepare. People need to take this loss in stride. But I am hoping we can avoid NY in the playoffs this year.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Can they stop finding themselves in third and eight?

I like the idea of running more hurry up to neutralize the Giants' ability to rotate linemen but I would have gone with more two tight end sets, similar to the second half against SEA. I don't think spreading the offense with multiple receivers makes a lot of sense where Rodgers doesn't have time to work through his progressions.

Disappointed with the halftime adjustments myself.

Giants are a very tough match-up for us and they had an extra week to prepare. People need to take this loss in stride. But I am hoping we can avoid NY in the playoffs this year.

I said this weeks ago that we need to go uptempo. That works for us, don't let teams sub and bring in special defensive personnel. The biggest knock on MM is he doesn't adjust in game and it proved to be the case yet again this past game. When the o-line can't block you keep extra ppl in to block or use an exta tightend to chip then go run his route. Him and the staf have to put their heads together to come up with a plan to not only protect rodgers better but to protect the o-line. They are not good enough.

GreenBlood

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
They also need to keep all there weapons happy. James Jones was great in relief of Jordy, and to just not use him is stupid.

They did use him. He didn't get open much. It's also hard to go through your reads when your LT is a revolving door.

Donald Driver is also a good option.

DD doesn't get open very often anymore. He's not 30 anymore. There's a reason he's 5th on the depth chart.

With 3-4 of these weapons in at all times, they cant cover everyone.

No, but they can keep Rodgers running for his life.

Can they stop throwing a 5 yard pass on 3rd and 8????? Hate seeing that.

It's called an outlet pass. It's there for when the QB is in trouble and needs to get rid of the ball. It's a far cry better than a sack.

OP
OP
aristotle

aristotle

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They did use him. He didn't get open much. It's also hard to go through your reads when your LT is a revolving door.

DD doesn't get open very often anymore. He's not 30 anymore. There's a reason he's 5th on the depth chart.

No, but they can keep Rodgers running for his life.

It's called an outlet pass. It's there for when the QB is in trouble and needs to get rid of the ball. It's a far cry better than a sack.

Boy you have an excuse for all their bad play in that game. I have higher expectations for a high potent offense. I know JJ played in the game, I know the line sucked..........There are adjustments to all of that, not just give up. DD is capable of making plays, and roll out plays may have worked as well. No huddle was the best option, to not allow subs. That would have tired the starters out.

jaybadger82

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Boy you have an excuse for all their bad play in that game. I have higher expectations for a high potent offense. I know JJ played in the game, I know the line sucked..........There are adjustments to all of that, not just give up. DD is capable of making plays, and roll out plays may have worked as well. No huddle was the best option, to not allow subs. That would have tired the starters out.

Listen, I'm all for running some hurry-up from time to time but it's not a sustainable strategy and your "expectations" reflect little understanding about what is happening on the field.

You only seem to post here when you want to ***** (not so much as a mouse fart out of you during the five-game win streak), so I'll be glad to be rid of you after we win this weekend.

OP
OP
aristotle

aristotle

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Listen, I'm all for running some hurry-up from time to time but it's not a sustainable strategy and your "expectations" reflect little understanding about what is happening on the field.

You only seem to post here when you want to ***** (not so much as a mouse fart out of you during the five-game win streak), so I'll be glad to be rid of you after we win this weekend.

OP
OP
aristotle

aristotle

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Mouse fart.... thats nice...... been a fan since 1967 when I had a Bart Starr jersey.

If everyones OK with losing that's fine, but the Packers offense is capable of beating any defense. I will not accept losing that badly to the Giants, they are not that good, and no adjustments is not acceptable.

No, I do not post much when things are going well, probably like most people.

slaughter25

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree the Packers are pretty deadly when running the no huddle offense and the benefits of running it have been hashed over and laid out many times so I will skip that part of the discussion. The real problem with going with the no huddle is the need for consistency. To make the no huddle work our guys need to win their 1 on 1 battles more than every so often. Want to know what derails a no huddle offense? A sack. What is the weakest part of the team right now? the OLine. We cant just go up there and hurry and rush everything when the guys on the line of scrimmage are getting man handled so often. Sure opposing teams cant rotate in players as much against the no huddle but, why would they want to when the 4 guys they are rushing are dominating 75% of the snaps?

gbpowner

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Did anyone notice that in the midst of our attempt at hurry up offense, that after one particular play, 2 Giants laid on the ground injured? One was a DL and the other a CB. Sorry but I don't recall the names or numbers. I think the CB suffered a semi-real injury but the DL had cramps or was sucking wind and taking a breather cuz he was in on the next play. Timely injury time out! Maybe going to hurry up sooner might have slowed the Giants down a bit?? Heck, what we had already been doing previously, sure wasn't working!

greenNyellow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think MM should start using 2 TE formations and keeping them in to help the tackles block. Newhouse and Lang were destroyed Sunday night. A formation with 2 TE, 2 WR and Cobb as the singleback is what I would like to see. The Bears with their o-line problems have started to keep TE's in as blockers with success. Yes I know this would hinder the passing game but in games where it becomes obvious that our o-line can't stop anyone and Rodgers is not getting his 2.5 seconds, we should keep TE's in as blockers. This could help give Rodgers some more time to progress through his WR's.

Members online

Latest posts