Use Henderson as a lead blocker for Gado...Daaaaa!!!

GreenNGold

Cheesehead
Reaction score
After watching Priest Holmes get 100 games and now Larry Johnson (NFL offensive player of the month)....The reason these chiefs running backs get yardage is they have a batting ram named Tony Richardson aka...a full-back...leading the way! This is not brain surgery...Alstott opens holes for Cadillac Williams too. Why doesn't Sherman deploy a 2 back set behind Farve?...Both could catch the ball out of the backfield as well.
I would like to see more of Henderson in front of Gado...would da ya say MIKEY!!!

Yared-Yam

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They do run the normal fullback/tailback set, but now that you mention it I do see them run single-back more than I would like.

sixone220

Cheesehead
Reaction score
it's a great thought you guys have in theory but a battering ram opening a hole for a battering ram isn't a real nice option. it works for alstott to open a hole for a faster rb like carnell, not so great for gado.

OP
OP
G

GreenNGold

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Last time I looked...Larry Johnson...4 --100 yard games in row...and NFL offensive player of the month...is not in the mold you describe...Larry is no priest holmes...Larry Johnson is a big, standing tall running back...albeit a powerful runner...that can run over you...he still needs a batting ram like Pro bowler Tony Richardson blociking for him...he reads the blocks and takes off...It sure takes alot of pressure of the O line too...if one misses a block...you have the fullback to take the D lineman on...So...Lets get Henderson in the game for Samkan and maybe he will be NFL rookie of the year....an undrafted free agent...HMMMM.
Life is good...even in a bad season.

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Come to think of it, I haven't been seeing the fullbacks in there as much as usual this season. I'm not sure why that is. Maybe Henderson is slipping, and Vonta Leach is definitely a downgrade from Nick Luchey. I would like to see the Packers use the fullback more as a lead blocker, as they have been consistently doing right up until this year (not just in the Holmgren era).

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
retiredgrampa said:
It may be too obvious for MS to see it.

my thoughts exactly. Sherman coaches as if we have all star players at every position,when in reality the majority are NFL Europe caliber players.

Lare

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This makes even less sense when you consider that the OL is nowhere near as good at run blocking as our lines have been in previous years, so you would think they would want an additional blocker in there.

Add this to the nagging injuries to the RBs and the fact that they seem to be trying to run the same plays they've been running the last few years, and it's certainly a recipe for lack of success for the running game.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lare said:
This makes even less sense when you consider that the OL is nowhere near as good at run blocking as our lines have been in previous years, so you would think they would want an additional blocker in there.

Add this to the nagging injuries to the RBs and the fact that they seem to be trying to run the same plays they've been running the last few years, and it's certainly a recipe for lack of success for the running game.

once again I agree. I have been saying this all year...damn shame we know more about the situation than our coach.

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I'm sure Bruce or OB1 or net will remind us of the genius's reason for not doing this....since we are only peasant fans and do not have the brilliance and understanding, or NFL fooball mind that SherRossley has...

How dare you question the HC of the GB Packers...after all..remember his record and all those "statistics" that they ran up several years ago....

He is untouchable and beyond reproach...you guys should know better...!

Members online

Latest posts