Urgent Video… This needs to get upstairs!

Pack-12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I thought it was kind of strange that Tramon Williams told the Journal Sentinel during an interview that the coaches allow the corners to decide whether to play press coverage or off the receiver.
That's actually not necessarily a bad idea some WRs are just hard to press. If you are covering James Jones for example, he's pretty good at beating a press at the line but he's not necessarily all that fast so he's probably an easier cover if you just back off him a couple yards.

D

Deleted member 6794

That's actually not necessarily a bad idea some WRs are just hard to press. If you are covering James Jones for example, he's pretty good at beating a press at the line but he's not necessarily all that fast so he's probably an easier cover if you just back off him a couple yards.

I agree that it's better to play press coverage vs. some receivers while it's better to play off vs. others. But I think the coaches should come up with a game plan on how to play specific WRs.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
I know for a fact that our D has been shoddy since at least the days of Mike Sherman.
You either don't understand what the words, "fact" or "shoddy" mean or you conveniently ignore actual facts.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
Our defense has never been anything to be feared outside of the Super Bowl run (bend but don't break) since 2001.
But that's not what you posted; you posted you know for a fact that the Packers D has been shoddy since at least 2005. The Packers 2007 D finished tied for 6th in the league in points surrendered. The Packers 2009 D finished 7th in the league in points surrendered (& 2nd in the less important yards surrendered). The 2010 D finished 2nd in the league in points surrendered (& 5th in yards). The 2012 D finished 11th in points surrendered. So out of the 8 seasons since Sherman left, the Packers D finished in the top 10 in points surrendered 3 times and just missed on a fourth season. IMO only a fan with unrealistic expectations would call four of those 8 defenses "shoddy". I'm certainly not saying those 4 defenses were dominant, only that you are mischaracterizing them.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Defense won't be as bad as last year but it will be in the 20's count on it. Hopefully we have a top 5 offense and the d can create some takeaways for the offense .

ls1bob

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was browsing through watching games yesterday and saw a perfect example of adjustments. First half Cleveland looked like us in the Seattle game could not tackle,open receivers etc. They must have watched the tackling video at halftime because second half they started laying the wood. I wish our guys could turn it around like that

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
I was browsing through watching games yesterday and saw a perfect example of adjustments. First half Cleveland looked like us in the Seattle game could not tackle,open receivers etc. They must have watched the tackling video at halftime because second half they started laying the wood. I wish our guys could turn it around like that

Agree, that cleveland vs steelers was the best game on tv yesterday. I was actually rooting on the browns to make the comeback. Their pass rush looked damn good in the 2nd half.

Wood Chipper

Fantasy Football Guru
Reaction score
But that's not what you posted; you posted you know for a fact that the Packers D has been shoddy since at least 2005. The Packers 2007 D finished tied for 6th in the league in points surrendered. The Packers 2009 D finished 7th in the league in points surrendered (& 2nd in the less important yards surrendered). The 2010 D finished 2nd in the league in points surrendered (& 5th in yards). The 2012 D finished 11th in points surrendered. So out of the 8 seasons since Sherman left, the Packers D finished in the top 10 in points surrendered 3 times and just missed on a fourth season. IMO only a fan with unrealistic expectations would call four of those 8 defenses "shoddy". I'm certainly not saying those 4 defenses were dominant, only that you are mischaracterizing them.
Since 2001 (the days of Mike Sherman) our defense has been nothing to be feared. Out side of the lone Super Bowl run.

Last edited:

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
I don't expect it to be feared right now but, I want to see some three and outs, and a couple of turnovers a game created. If it can do that, maybe we can make a good playoff run. We really need to see steady and consistent improvement by all the 2nd and 3rd year players.

Latest posts