upsetting to me

packerfan4ever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was thing of this after seeing all the hype with the giants win.Why this is upsetting because of the lock out no parade no nothing so felt a little pain that we did not get,the same so I sure hope the pack feels the same way and we win it next year:mad: I know the season isn't here but I keep wishing.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cheer up.
We had a great season. 15-1 is something to be proud of.
The playoff game? Yeah, that sucked big eggs.
But at least we are contenders and will be for years to come.
It could be worse.
You could be a Browns fan.
The Packers are the Yankees of football.
And the Browns are the Cubs of football.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
The Pack could have had a parade last year...the Packers chose not to because of the clogged parade route in Green Bay after SB31--buses trapped in a sea of humanity for hours on end.

I was just listening to Harry Sydney talk about it and he said that while they were on those buses, they'd go over a speed bump and had to wonder if someone didn't go under the tire. New York is better situated for that stuff ... hell, they give ticker tape parades for a healthy bowel movement.

okcpackerfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We had a pretty good ceremony last year. I don't know if this is a biased opinion or not (someone please help me) but I feel like the Steelers/Packers had more coverage and more hype then this super bowl.

D

Dan115

In Dec I made my lodging reservation in Green Bay for 7 Feb. I had planned on celebrating the Super Bowl victory with all the other Packer Backers. I will now try for Feb 2013.

okcpackerfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was thing of this after seeing all the hype with the giants win.Why this is upsetting because of the lock out no parade no nothing so felt a little pain that we did not get,the same so I sure hope the pack feels the same way and we win it next year:mad: I know the season isn't here but I keep wishing.

............HUH?

Lionheart

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't know if this is a biased opinion or not (someone please help me) but I feel like the Steelers/Packers had more coverage and more hype then this super bowl.

I have the same feeling. I think because the Super Bowl was in Dallas it had a lot more hype. It was much more impressive in that gigantic venue. The biggest attendance ever in a Super Bowl. The NFL was fortunate the Packers/Steelers was the match-up, since it was the garantee of a sell-out and a genuine competitive atmosphere. No need for neutrals to fill the house.

I'm biased about this year because the Packers didn't make it, and because I deeply dislike the teams that did (I admit I wouldn't have the same strong feelings if the 49ers or Saints or Ravens were there) but not only was the game not as well played and exciting (all four quarters) as last year's, but also because Indianapolis does not provide the same environment as Florida, or New Orleans, Arizona, and Lucas Oil Stadium is one of the smallest stadiums in the NFL. It didn't seem like the Super Bowl.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
The Pack could have had a parade last year...the Packers chose not to because of the clogged parade route in Green Bay after SB31--buses trapped in a sea of humanity for hours on end.

I was just listening to Harry Sydney talk about it and he said that while they were on those buses, they'd go over a speed bump and had to wonder if someone didn't go under the tire. New York is better situated for that stuff ... hell, they give ticker tape parades for a healthy bowel movement.

And if someone went under the tire in New York, they'd just drag them over to the gutter and move on. There are plenty more bodies where that one came from....

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts