Announcement Updates to the Rules about Signatures

robdog

Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wanted to make a quick update to the rules regarding signatures. A few have been getting out of hand, so we decided it was time to make a rule about it:
Signatures:
Signatures are a nice way to identify individual users and close off your posts. However, we need to limit the amount of information that goes into each signature. Signatures can be no longer that 250 characters. Signatures can ONLY have ONE(1) images that is a maximum size of 500px x 150px. The maximum file size of your signature image should 75kb. Animations are okay for right now, but that may change in the future.

This rule can change over time, but for now, this feels like a good starting point.

If you have any questions or comments, please post them here.

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score
I still see some big ones, but then again mine might be falling in that max allowance as well.
If they are too big would the system automatically block it, or do we need to check that ourselves?

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score
I just can't figure out how you can tell? Maybe delete it and then try to add it back?

If its too big would it not allow it? if its the proper size does it allow it? lol
I like to make things as complicated as possible!:sneaky:

OP
OP
robdog

robdog

Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you want to find out the size of an image, at least in chrome or firefox, you can right click on an image and open it in a new tab. The text inside the tab will show you the width and height.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I have seen a few large sigs again..

I have sent messages to those people and still have not been fixed..

So please fix your sigs if they are to bog

Wood Chipper

Fantasy Football Guru
Reaction score
Remember back in the old days when people would have crazy amounts of large gifs??? Or maybe that was just me...

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
I have been asked several times how to do the graphics in signatures. This is my standard response
OK, so you are ready to use a graphic in your signature. Find a nice small graphic that fits the size restrictions you want in your signature. Google images, any web site wherever are fair game (note there are legal issues with Getty images so don't use them.) Click with the right mouse button {right click} on the image. Select copy image location or whatever sounds like that based on your software. Come to this site and using the mouse, hover over your name on the top right. When the menu opens, select signature (2nd option down on the left.) Your signature opens up for editing like any post. Make whatever changes you want. Wherever you want the graphic, click once then click on the icon to the right of the smiley face. It opens a small box. On the line click once then right click. From the menu that pops up chose paste. Select insert and the window closes. Select save changes to make it permanent.

It works for me. Then again I don't knowingly use any Microsoft products on this system which may be why it works.

Members online

Latest posts