UPDATED INJURY REPORT + Post Game Thread: Packers beat Lions

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The injuries to KGB and Woodson really hurt the Packers' ability to put away the Lions. And losing Rouse made it even worse. I was getting nervous with the likes of Peprah and Walker running around back there in the fourth quarter.

I agree with AADP that the pass interference against Bigby was a bad call. He had his head turned around and was playing the ball.

Raider Pride

Cheesehead
Reaction score
bozz_2006 said:
don't count on getting any help from the officials next week. the bookies are definitely going to make sure that the officials stick it to the pack.

Ok Bozz_2006. You brought up the Bookies..... I am curious? What do you think the Point Spread will be in the Packers VS. Dallas game next week.

My guess is the Packers open up as 3.5 Under dogs against the Cowboys.

4.5 Underdogs if Woodson is out.

Just wondering.....

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
I heard we were 3.5 underdogs against the Lions. I'd predict the Cowboys are gonna be six point favorites if not more.

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i'm thinking 6.5. If it's any more than that, and i notice one questionable pass interference call, i'm gonna ****ing flip out. can we find out whose crew is officiating? I'm hoping for Gerry Austin, but i'm not holding my breath.

4thand26

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There are two other injuries to report:

1. Kampman is fatigued from throwing the backup right tackle all over the field on every play.
2. Popinga has two broken ankles from an early on juke. He did finish the game, but is having a CT, MRI and ABC in the morning.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Re: UPDATED INJURY REPORT + Post Game Thread: Packers beat L

Zero2Cool said:
I heard we were 3.5 underdogs against the Lions. I'd predict the Cowboys are gonna be six point favorites if not more.

huh? we were favored by 4

Chris Havel and Harry Syndey were trying to figure out how the Packers were underdogs against the Lions. They said something about 3 points for home team and couldn't figure out where the .5 point came from.

I don't know squat about odds, just what I hear.

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There are two other injuries to report:

1. Kampman is fatigued from throwing the backup right tackle all over the field on every play.
2. Popinga has two broken ankles from an early on juke. He did finish the game, but is having a CT, MRI and ABC in the morning.

Gold. And from a non-fan, no less!!

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score

slowsinistermo said:
Zero2Cool said:

Chris Havel and Harry Syndey were trying to figure out how the Packers were underdogs against the Lions. They said something about 3 points for home team and couldn't figure out where the .5 point came from.

Yeah GB was favored by 4, not the lions favored by 3.

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Zero2Cool said:
slowsinistermo said:
Zero2Cool said:

Yeah GB was favored by 4, not the lions favored by 3.

In other words, Trom made some scratch today!!!

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure GB has covered the spread 90% of the time this year due to no love from Vegas. I've won multiple times and I suggest you guys do the same, although they might actually start giving the Packers bigger lines now.....nah.

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
trom youd be right. Green Bay is now 9-1 against the spread. so is New England. sounds like the elite teams to me.

i hope they keep underestimating us... cause imma keep ridin the wave.

my guess for next weeks spread. Packers +3.5 (dallas at home, gb banged up and still treated like the NFC stepchild for some reason) o/u 49

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I'm pretty sure GB has covered the spread 90% of the time this year due to no love from Vegas. I've won multiple times and I suggest you guys do the same, although they might actually start giving the Packers bigger lines now.....nah.

Been doing it all year. I'm ****** glad Vegas doesn't take us seriously. Easy money.

1cesc

Cheesehead
Reaction score

KGB sounds optimistic:

DE Kabeer Gbaja-Biamila (right ankle) was not in the locker room. UPDATE: Turns out KGB was in the locker room for a bit. Here's what he said, courtesy of colleague Ricky Braun: "I think everything’s going to be OK. It’s nothing serious. It should be OK with just a little rehab and ice and a lot of prayer. (Is it a sprain or what?) We don’t really know what it is, but whatever it is it’s nothing that the good Lord can’t take care of. I don’t know what it is. I wish I could tell you." (What happened on the play?) I was going after the quarterback and I think somebody hit me from behind and I felt my ankle, my knee. But it’s something that I feel like it’ll go away. It was just really sore to try to go back out there."

Source: http://blogs.jsonline.com/packers/archive/2007/11/22/packers-37-lions-26-final.aspx

Tiger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Injury update: Aaron Kampan has indigestion from eating Lions Right Tackles all day.

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
Some random quotes for the Detroit Free Press...

Lions coach Rod Marinelli on the playoff picture: "Just like I told them afterwards: We have to get right back to it. I am never going to change -- ever. I think you know me well enough. There is no panic in my life. I just don't live that way. What I do look forward to is getting our team in tomorrow. I do look forward to the challenge that is ahead of us. It is a tough challenge."

Lions safety Kenoy Kennedy on bouncing back from a three-game losing streak: "You have to. If you don't or you can't, then you don't need to be on this team and in this locker room. Everybody needs to suck it up, be a man, look themselves in the mirror and see what you can do to improve yourself and then be ready to go back to work."

Green Bay quarterback Brett Favre on being unaware of his team-record 20 straight completions: "I didn't know. Tell me, how many was it? Well, I'd rather have the good ones, I guess. If you complete passes, you're giving those guys a chance to score. Today was about as good of an example as I can give you, as far as dumping them off and letting them make plays."

Kennedy on Favre's completion streak: "You know, it can be a little misleading. In some of the defenses we play we allow the receiver to catch it in front of us and drive up and tackle, so it can be a little misleading."

Green Bay coach Mike McCarthy on Favre's completion streak: "Somebody mentioned something around 17, but to be honest with you, it kind of irritates me when people hit me with that, especially in the middle of the third quarter when the game is tight."

Lions quarterback Jon Kitna on what he's most thankful for: "That I don't have to go to hell."

OP
OP
A
Reaction score
A short summary from the link Midwest provided:

corner back Charles Woodson (injured big toe), defensive tackle Colin Cole (fractured left forearm), defensive end KGB (knee and ankle sprains), Safety Aaron Rouse (knee sprain), right tackle Mark Tauscher (ankle sprain), linebacker Tracy White (ankle sprain), receiver Donald Driver (ankle sprain) and defensive tackle Ryan Pickett (knee sprain).

Interesting to note that the injury to Woodson's big toe was NOT identified as turf toe.

TOPHAT

Cheesehead
Reaction score
SUMMARY: UPDATED INJURY REPORT

http://www.packersnews.com/includes/newspaper/blogs/insider/index.shtml

Friday, November 23, 2007
Injury update
Defensive tackle Colin Cole will miss at least one game and probably more with a broken arm, apparently the most significant injury among eight players who suffered or aggravated injuries in Thursday's win at Detroit.

The other most notable injuries McCarthy mentioned were to end Kabeer Gbaja-Biamila, who suffered ankle and knee sprains, and cornerback Charles Woodson, who has an injured big toe. Meanwhile, safety Nick Collins, tight end Bubba Franks and cornerback Will Blackmon all apparently have a chance to return to action next week at Dallas, McCarthy said.

Coaches and trainers haven't made a decision about whether Cole, who fractured his left forearm Sunday, will play again this season "but he won't play this week, I do know that for sure," coach Mike McCarthy said this afternoon.

Woodson has a lot of swelling in the big toe on his right foot and was receiving treatment. Team physician Dr. Pat McKenzie did not describe the injury as turf toe, McCarthy said, adding that Woodson had not had an X-ray. Gbaja-Biamila is undergoing more tests this afternoon.

Safety Aaron Rouse (knee sprain), right tackle Mark Tauscher (ankle sprain), linebacker Tracy White (ankle sprain), receiver Donald Driver (ankle sprain) and defensive tackle Ryan Pickett (knee sprain) also sustained or aggravated injuries Thursday. It's unclear whether any of them are in danger of missing the Dallas game.

"I just think you need to be smart when you have injuries at this time of year," McCarthy said. "You have five games left, and I understand the importance and the excitement of the upcoming game at Dallas, but we just need to be smart as we go through these individual injuries and keep in mind there's a lot of football left."

Despite strong play from Rouse, McCarthy said he expects Collins to be the starter once he's healthy. Collins and Franks will be "close" for Thursday's game, while Blackmon "has a chance" to be active.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts