Update on Barry not good.

Buckeyepackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packers | Barry's injury appears to be serious
Mon, 22 May 2006 05:24:55 -0700

Rob Demovsky, of PackersNews.com, reports the injury suffered by Green Bay Packers OL Kevin Barry (quad) appears to be serious. Packers' head coach Mike McCarthy called it a quad injury, which could include a ruptured quadriceps tendon. Barry fell to the ground at the end of the one-on-one pass blocking drill and clutched his left knee, which would indicate the injury is closer to the tendon than the muscle. "From what I understand, it's pretty serious," Packers OC Scott Wells said. The team's medical staff was evaluating Barry after practice. If he sustained a torn quadriceps tendon, he would miss the entire season. Barry came into 2006 with a legitimate chance to compete for one of the two starting guard positions.

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i hope this isn't the beginning of another trend like last year. i'm sorry for barry. Here's to only ONE season ending injury in 2006.

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
not that I want to see anyone be hurt, but this one isn't too big of a deal for the Pack...Barry was sort of a one-trick pony who came into the season drastically out of shape from what I've read.

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
true. but it said he had a shot of starting at G this year and mccarthy told him that their would be no more u-71 so he better be ready to play a whole game. also, i do think it hurts the team because even if he didn't start, the loss of barry really depletes our depth at OL, not that we are deep there to begin with.

calicheesehead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nonetheless we need as much competition at that spot as we can get. He may have been strugling with weight issues but he's a team player and was the U-71 playmaker. I hope it's not as serious as speculated.

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
if you consider Barry to be a significant contributor to your depth, then I think the Packers are in trouble...i'm just saying I think guys like Barry are a dime a dozen.

I like the guy, thought he worked out great for U-71, but he didn't impress much beyond that.

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
we just gotta roll with the punches and hope to god our new workouts improve conditioning and lady luck gives us a kiss on the forehead.

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
bozz_2006 said:
thank god

Even though U71 lost some steam near the end of Sherman's tenure, in 2003, when Green rushed for 1800+ yards, that package was one of the staples that helped lead to the Packers running dominance.

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
PackOne said:
I posted this topic yesterday and everyone blew me off - Told you it was serious. It's pretty easy to read the paper and report what it says. It doesn't mean you know what is going on. They should change the name of this forum to www.reportwhatthepaperjustsaidaboutthepack.com. How uninteresting.

Nothing personal PackOne, Sunday's don't seem to have the volume of traffic that weekdays tend to have.

hoos

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Barry is done for the year. They just reported it on Packersnews.com

OP
OP
B

Buckeyepackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Here is the story:

Packers lose Barry for season

Offensive lineman Kevin Barry tore his quadriceps tendon in minicamp practice Sunday and will miss the 2006 season.

Barry, a fifth-year pro, injured the knee during one-on-one pass-blocking drills late in the final practice of the Packers' just-completed minicamp Sunday.

The injury will require surgery and a rehabilitation of perhaps as long as a year. He had played both guard and tackle this offseason and was competing for a possible starting job, though he was not a front-runner.

— Pete Dougherty, PackersNews.com

Bobby Roberts

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Barry wasn't an answer at OG, but he was a good RT with experience. It definitely hurts the team to lose him for the season. We had fair competition at OG because our tackles were set for starters and backups.

With Barry hurt, it creates a need for us to find a competent backup RT. This isn't season killer, but to believe it doesn't affect the team is naive.

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think it puts his career in jeopardy. Tough injury to come back from especially for a big man that has trouble controlling his weight.

Members online

Latest posts