Unofficial Thanks to Unrecognized Thread

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score
I just wanted to acknowledge the play of some backups who've helped this team to their record. First I know Des Bishop isn't a backup but he was and he played himself into position to be best middle linebacker on the team.
Cudos to Charlie Peprah who two years in a row has stepped in and been huge. Jarrett Bush and Pat Lee have been reliable when I haven't considered them able to cover a matchstick with a blanket.
Cobb has done his share when called on.
Marshall Newhouse has been a God=send. Without him we'd be sunk. So pleased to see the big guy contribute weekly. T.J. Lang has been reliable without College. You have to be happy with the line play because it could be so much worse.
There are more but here is the post to acknowledge superior play by our backups. It's what defines this championship team.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Good post, Don. Agree all the way around...particularly with your comments on Bush and Lee coverage skills ... somehow, the Pack seems to survive #24 in coverage...but, the guy sure can special-team it.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
With the caveat that Bishop doesn’t qualify as a backup this season – as DevilDon says, I agree. At the risk of sounding like a broken record (search “music” and “records” kids if you’re wondering about this reference :D) this is an example of Thompson’s way – to always have players (mostly draftees) in the pipeline ready to step up. Of course it doesn’t mean a title every season, but if you have a GM and personnel department adept at talent evaluation it should mean legitimately challenging for a title for several consecutive seasons.

BTW, IMO Lang is an upgrade to Colledge. He was a better run blocker the first day he took over LG. He’s nastier, and he’s close, if not equal to Colledge vs. the pass.

Members online

Latest posts