Unimpressive, Impressive Win

Ogsponge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
For the record this is not a complaint at all, I am more than happy with the win especially taking into account our struggles on the road this year and recent history at Raymond James stadium. At no point while watching this game did I say to myself anything other than, wow, the Pack is completely dominating the game. But with that being said, the score was 10-3 until around the 10 minute mark in in the 4th when the field goal made it 13-3 and it was not until 3 mins left that in the 4th that made it 20-3.

Now me personally, I think this is just football and don't read to much into it as you simply are not going to blow out every team 51-17. What my question is, do any of you ever recall watching more completely "unimpressive" yet completely dominating win by the Packers?

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Because of the level of opponent, the Patriots game comes to mind. The Packers marched up and down the field, but didn't finish many drives with TDs.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Your definition of "unimpressive" seems to be defined as scoring points. I don't find their win yesterday to be unimpressive at all. Points just determine the victor. Like you, I was mostly impressed with how they played. The defense gave up some big gains at points but mostly played solid against a subpar team. It was about what I expected. Could have been better but I was happy it wasn't worse.

Jdeed

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Against a Team playing for the 1st pick of the Draft you did ok.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
It was about what I expected. Could have been better but I was happy it wasn't worse.

You and me, both.

My trepidation exists on a couple of different levels, but the fact that this less than glossy victory followed on the heals of a near-collapse ("near" being the operative word) versus Atlanta ... an offense being shut down by Buffalo ... and the offense not performing just too efficiently in this victory --- all totaled, if this team actually gets into sync where both the offense and defense perform in the same game, we might have something here.

I figured Lovie would find some way to make the Pack miserable offensively ... and he did. Fortunately, his lack of an offense and a QB followed him to Tampa.

As I've said in other posts... in the NFL, you take "the points" versus going for it on fourth down, and you "take the win" in December. I'd just be happier if both sides of the ball could play "A" or "B" level ball at the same time.

Now seriously, I'd love to see the Pack come out with a really sh*tty attitude defensively on Sunday and give the Lions a little taste of their own medicine... I'm not advocating dirty playing or a thug mentality, but I'd sure like see a pointed and unmistakeable indifference to health of Stafford on Sunday.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts