Uniforms??

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
to pink? i think that thread was a joke. as far as i know, we're not changing uniforms. and if we ever do change unis, i bet we're the last team in the league to do so (at least i hope we are!)

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
there was some talk of Wolf's old design of uniforms on this board w/in the last week, but nothing to it really. As far as I know, same old w/ the current uni's

PWT36

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder!! Who cares what some poll taken of a group of NFL fans who voted the Green Bay Packer uiniforms the 2nd ugliest in NFL.

I am sure, if there was poll of all many Packer fans through the world. The vote would say, no change.. In fact the message was sent loud & Clear to Ex Packer GM Ron Wolf when he was proposing a uniform change around 1993, It was loud and Clear. NO!!!! Ron Wolf dropped the idea.

Green Bay and it's Green Bay Packer franchse are very tradition minded and have been since the team's founding in 1919. These uniforms, except for minor changes as number of stripes on sleeves of jerseys, have remain very much the same since Vince Lombardi's " glory year Packers" era beginning in 1959.

And the "G" was placed on the Packer helmet a year or two later, and was designed by "Dad" Braisher, who was Packer equipment manager for many years. "Dad"drew the "G" on sheet of paper & submitted to Vince Lombadi. Vince like it and told Dad to put the "G" logo on the helmet. Before that time the Packers never had a logo on the helmets.

In my opinion,There will be no major change in design of the Packer uniform for the foreseeable future . As far as I know, there hasn't been never been any big movement to do so..

PWT36 Packerforum historian & long time Packer fan

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i bet most of the people who voted the packers as 2nd ugliest were fans of the VIKINGS, falcons, panthers, seahawks, bucs... you know, the teams whom i think have the ugliest unis!

SuperRat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If that is the same vote thing i remember, there was a team that was in the top 5 best looking jerseys and in the top 5 ugliest, so it doesn't really mean anything.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
figtab said:
I thought we were changing uniforms???? Give me info please.

Sorry :(

That was my fault. I made a thread and assumed everyone knew there was no change for the simple reasoning of being like the Steelers.

I should have made it more clear, I apologize for the confusion.

SuperRat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think ours are the best looking by any means but it would be a sad, sad day if they were ever changed dramatically. I was never a fan of the Vikings jerseys, but at least it was somewhat respectable and traditional. Now they are abominations.

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
look... in five years our jersey will be the coolest thing happening.... all these throwbacks keep coming into fashion... im telling you if we keep this jersey the other teams will be switching to old school designs. and everyone will think our jersey is the proverbial heat. look at Troms sig... that is cool looking! sure you might not wanna wear our colors out to a 500 dollar plate dinner.... but you sure as hell wanna wear those colors to a football game in late november. to everyone else in the league we symbolize tradition and consitency... we dont need to change.

the fact that everything in the NFL changes except the Green Bay Packers is a point of pride for me.... from 1966 to 1996 to 2006 we are the green bay freakin packers and we dont succumb to outside pressures.....

did curly lambeau say sure let new york, chicago and LA have all the franchises HELL NO..... he said we will do what we have to be the greatest and thats just what the **** we did...

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sorry, but it is pretty ugly. I give them credit for sticking with tradition but that helmet is really nasty looking. It is like some John Deer sponsered high school team from 1957 or something. Yuk!
At least go with a gold like Nortre Dame (whom I hate!) or the 49ers.
That would help bring it out of the cornfield.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

agopackgo4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Green and Gold.....what can be better to the eyes in fall? I love our unis but if I could change one thing I would like to make the G on the helmet just a little bit smaller so we could see more of the helmet.

Hammer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
agopackgo4 said:
Green and Gold.....what can be better to the eyes in fall? I love our unis but if I could change one thing I would like to make the G on the helmet just a little bit smaller so we could see more of the helmet.
GQ once rated them the best for that reason....forest green and gold in the Northland. FWIW.
Hammer

Hammer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
agopackgo4 said:
GQ once rated them the best for that reason....forest green and gold in the Northland. FWIW.
Hammer

Schmitty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If I remember the poll correctly the Browns were ranked the ugliest, and Packers second. But I love the Green and Gold and wouldnt want it any other way.

SuperRat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A Bears fan calling the Packers uniform ugly? I'm not anti the Bears uniforms but they are uglier than the Packers. So plain and boring, but like the Packers uniforms they are classic and it would be dissapointing to see them change.

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
SuperRat said:
A Bears fan calling the Packers uniform ugly? I'm not anti the Bears uniforms but they are uglier than the Packers. So plain and boring, but like the Packers uniforms they are classic and it would be dissapointing to see them change.

I disagree but it would be strange to see the Packers change now. If they had never done anything in their history then maybe.
The Packers jersey is just fine; it is that yellow helmet that is hard to look at. It is the yellow color that is difficult to match with anything else. The Rams had the same color with the blue for years and they were ******* the eyes as well.
The only ones that have looked good with that shade of yellow are the Steelers and the old Redskins uniforms.

vbpackerbacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Phil,..........................Not Yellow, Yellow/Gold!
There are some things that should never change and one of the is the
"Old-school" feel of the origional NFL teams.
Same thing with the bears, Leave the uniforms and helmets alone.
The classic NFL look will NEVER be Improved on.
Look at all che crap the "Queens" are catching right now, and rightfully so in my opinion.
Go PACKERS!

gopackgo4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I dont get what all this crap is about. We are not going to change are uniforms and if you think we have the ugliest in the league is obviously blind.

MontanaBob

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Maybe the Pack should go to Green and Gold Speedos. That would stun the opponents to the point that they couldn't bear to look at the Pack and we could score at will. On defense, man, couldnt you just see Grady lining up over the center in that spiffy Speedo..!!! 8)

chibiabos

Cheesehead
Reaction score
:shock: THE GREEN & GOLD HAS SERVED OVER A HALF A CENTURY OF PACKER TEAMS. LEAVE WELL ENOUGH ALONE! The next dumbkopf that suggests a change gets a free tar and feathers ride outta town. Boy! How to arouse the faithful, eh?

Members online

Latest posts