Undrafted Free Agents

Big E

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We can't sign any UFAs yet, but I assume that the lockout will end eventually and we'll be able to sign some players. Perhaps there is a guy out there who could come out and make an impact like Sam Shields. What undrafted free agents would you like to see the Packers target?

I'll just throw out a couple guys that I'd like to see us take a look at:

Mark Herzlich (LB, BC) - I think most of us know his story by now. He was considered a first rounder, then missed a year with cancer. He's lost some of his explosiveness (probably because he now has a titanium rod in his leg), but why not give him a shot?

Terrance Tolliver (WR, LSU) - He's a tall receiver (6' 4") with decent speed. I think he's got pretty good talent, but he was underutilized at LSU because of their shaky quarterback play. He put on a show at the Cotton Bowl with 5 catches for 112 yards and 3 TDs. I don't know if he has injury or character concerns, but I think it would be a good idea to bring in some competition for Brett Swain.

Marc Schiechl (LB/DE, Colo. School of Mines) - Before the draft I started a thread on this guy. He's the career sack leader in Division II. His measurables compare favorably to most of the LBs and DEs at the combine. The Packers attended his pro day, so let's go ahead and sign him.

Just a couple other possibilities: Ian Williams (DT, ND), Zach Hurd (G, UConn), Ryan Bartholomew (C, Syracuse), and Kendric Burney (CB, UNC)

I would've said Noel Devine and Derrek Locke, but we drafted players that fill similar roles in Randall Cobb and Alex Green.

GBPack2010

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wouldn't mind giving Herzlich a chance to be a backup ILB, see how he plays and who knows maybe a starter some time in the future. Tolliver is much better than Swain. If we bring him in, Brett is gone. That would be one hell of a WR corps. Jennings, Nelson, Cobb, Tolliver, Driver, Finley, Williams. 0_0

GBPack2010

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Big bruiser in late game situations. Is there room for John Clay though. I'd welcome him if there was room. Problem is I don't think he can play special teams and his speed is a problem so teams shy away.

Members online

Latest posts