Underwood could be done for the season

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Underwood could be done for the year:

Underwood injury could be serious

By Pete Dougherty
[email protected]

SAN DIEGO – Safety Marviel Underwood sustained what might be a serious injury early in the Packers’ loss to San Diego in their exhibition opener Saturday night.

Underwood’s knee buckled while he was trying to avoid a block on San Diego’s fourth play of the game. Underwood was in the starting lineup in place of injured Marquand Manuel.

Underwood barely moved while on the ground after the injury and couldn’t put any weight on his right leg as he was helped from the field. Coach Mike McCarthy said he didn’t know the severity of the injury or whether Underwood had torn his anterior-cruciate ligament, which would be a season-ending injury. But Underwood had his leg heavily wrapped and was on crutches after the game.

“He was on crutches. He was disappointed,â€

NiVeK

Cheesehead
Reaction score
OUCH! I had a feeling he was gonna become a big part of our "D". Huge blow if he's really done for the season.

wpr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
yooperfan said:
Geez, I hope last years injury bug isn't still hanging around.
Yeah. You would have thought The Organization would have called Orkin or something to try and get rid of it.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He will be done for the season and that's a huge lost. He was our top backup. Keeping Roman would've been smart now especially with this lost. The only reason they let him go was because they felt safe with Underwood as the top backup. Now if Manuel or Collins goes down we have Tyrone Culver back there. A vet needs to be brought in.

OP
OP
tromadz

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
no, we got culver. id rather put mccarthys *** out there than roman. put carroll at safety over roman.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
tromadz said:
no, we got culver. id rather put mccarthys *** out there than roman. put carroll at safety over roman.

True that! I think Culver led the team in tackles(9).

Carroll looks a bit chubby in the belly like a stuffed raccoon.

Packers' Underwood out for season

The Green Bay Packers have lost safety Marviel Underwood for the season, his agent, Jack Bechta, confirmed on Sunday.

The fourth-round draft pick in 2005 sustained a serious injury to his right knee in Saturday’s preseason opener at San Diego and tests showed that the second-year defensive back has multiple torn ligaments. Bechta said Underwood tore both his anterior cruciate ligament and medial collateral ligament. Bechta said a date for the surgery has not yet been set.

Underwood, who was on crutches following Saturday’s 17-3 loss to the Chargers, will need reconstructive surgery and will be placed on the season-ending injured reserve list. Underwood had been working with the No. 1 defense in place of Marquand Manuel, the projected starter who has been out with a calf injury

Chamuko

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ups... I had the same damage while snow skying and drinking lots of Jack Daniels....

Poor guy it hurts and surgery wont be easy.... lots of rehab... we will be lucky if he is able to come back to play football....

This is very very bad news, he seemed to be doing very well...

My prays are with him..

PackerLegend

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It Sucks No Doubt But I Wish Manuel Could Be Able To Play Alongside Collins In One Of These Games.

Members online

Latest posts