Ummmm...Did I hear it right on Sportscenter? Bubba??

agopackgo4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey I could swear I heard before the Favre interview on Sportscenter that they said Favre will be without two of his offensive weapons. Javon Walker of course and.............Bubba Franks???????????????? Maybe I heard it wrong but can someone please tell me if this is true or not.

OP
OP
A

agopackgo4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ok. i wasnt sure. Because I thought he said Walker and Franks holding out. well ok i forgot about that. thanks

Core

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Anyone know if the interview is in text somewhere? If not, then what did Favre have to say to the upcomming season?

OP
OP
A

agopackgo4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Core said:
Anyone know if the interview is in text somewhere? If not, then what did Favre have to say to the upcomming season?
If I were you I would go to ESPN.com and there should be a little player that comes up on the right side of the screen. Click on that and it might have Favres interview.

Ryan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Core said:

ESPN Motion
Click on "Sports Highlights and News" then on "NFL".

There are two Favre interviews in the list "Brett Favre looks forward to new season" and "Favre on the Rosenhaus strategy"

Core

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Okay, that was my first look at Rosenhaus. Could you imagine having to sit across the table and listen to this guy and his demands? If Rosenhaus clients starts to wonder howcome all contact with the main office is cut, they should take a good long look at their agent. Personally I would bench the player simply out of poor judgement when it comes to agent. I guess Rosenhaus is really good at telling the players how much money they should be making (minus his share ofcourse) and some players will listen to him. Those few "weak" personalities will take the bait and enter the Rosenhaus gamble for their careers.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
rabidgopher04 said:
What's even better is the Rosenhaus clip.

No doubt. That's insane, the guy for some reason reminded me of a guy who just got out of a straight jacket prematurely.

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Technically, it's not a holdout because, as musccy said, he does not have a contract. But the Packers put the transition tag on him, which means that he must play the 2005 season for a salary that is the average of the top ten highest-paid tight ends in the league, which happens to be $2.095 million. That doesn't seem like such an awful deal, but Bubba would like a long-term contract if possible. He has very little bargaining power because his only options are to play for the $2.095 million or retire. So I expect him to come back, though it would be best if they can sign him for a few years, if--and this is a big IF--the price is not too high for a modestly talented but extremely reliable tight end.

net

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think the transition tag thing ends on July 22nd. That's the last day another team can sign him to a deal that the Packers would need to match. At this point, I don't think it's going to happen.

Bubba's situation is not unlike Donovan Darius in Jacksonville. He can sit on his **** all season for zero dollars....or show up...have a good year and try free agency again next year, if a long-term deal with Green Bay can't be worked out. I suspect the idea of making 2.2 million dollars for six months of work might be more appealing than watching.

CaliforniaCheez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Remember, Bubba has until the start of training camp to get an offer from another team. The rule is July 22 or start of camp whichever is LATER. He does not have to sign the one year tender until then.

There might be a last minute offer. If I was him I would wait until the time for other offers expired just in case one came in.

Bubba has not said anything negative.

It costs him nothing to keep options open. If things were not going well we would have heard something. I think it is likely they are negotiating a longer term deal that is best for both parties.

Nothing heard means nothing bad.

PWT36

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Excellent postings by all on this topic and accurate about "Bubba" Franks position with the Packers. PackerTraxx -your posting is brief and to the point. Because of NFL Salary cap, that is the way it is!!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts