1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Ultimate Sunday Snacks

Discussion in 'The Atrium' started by pantherd, Aug 1, 2005.

1. pantherd

pantherd Cheesehead

Jul 27, 2005
    I know a great bratwurst, kielbasa, or some sort of cheese would be most of your favorites, however don't neglect the other artery clogging, cholesterol making, fat filled foods we can all enjoy.

In Carolina, we are particularly proud of our barbecue. Typically minced (chopped very fine), placed on a bun, with a vinegar based sauce and topped with slaw. Ketchup and mustard based "pulled" barbecue is acceptable as well, but not in the tradition of Carolina.

In one of her many wonders, my wife "invented" what I consider the ULTIMATE SUNDAY SNACK! We simply call it "GRUB."

You'll need:
    1 can Hormel Chilli no beans
    1 can Hormel Beef Tamales
    1 can whole kernel corn (drained)
    1 bag Tostitos Restaurant Style tortilla chips
    1 block of your favorite cheese (optional for the rest of us)
    1 8oz container of sour cream (also optional)

Mix chilli, tamales, and corn in a large pot. "Chop" the tamales into bite sized chunks. Heat to a simmer over medium low to medium heat stirring frequently. Spread mix over a plate of chips or use as a dip. Shred cheese to melt over the top (Cheddar is my preference) for additional flavor. Some add sour cream as well.

Looking for recipes...
  2. carol k

carol k Cheesehead

Jun 5, 2005
    Will have to look some recipes for you. I have some good ones. Will get back to you next week. Am leaving for Green Bay on Wed. and have a thousand things to do before then. :) :) :)
  3. PackerChick

PackerChick Cheesehead

Jun 3, 2005
    I like popcorn. Air popped. Also like brats as well and nachos. How bout some taco pizza too.
  4. agopackgo4

agopackgo4 Cheesehead

Jun 21, 2005
    Brats, and hotdogs are the best, also if you like a few beers too. Miller of course! :pals: