UK Fan Pilgrimage

Dr Tree

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hi all. I’m making my first trip to Lambeau for the Lions game in October. I was going to buy tickets through the resale site, but wondered if you guys knew of any other/better sources. And, I could really do with some advice on where to sit for a good view, but more importantly to soak up the atmosphere. Any help from regulars would be great, cheers.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hi all. I’m making my first trip to Lambeau for the Lions game in October. I was going to buy tickets through the resale site, but wondered if you guys knew of any other/better sources. And, I could really do with some advice on where to sit for a good view, but more importantly to soak up the atmosphere. Any help from regulars would be great, cheers.
There really isn’t a bad seat at Lambeau. But if you have the cash, get as close to the 50 yard line as possible, and sit up a little higher rather than close to the field. Can’t help you with tickets........

OP
OP
D

Dr Tree

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There really isn’t a bad seat at Lambeau. But if you have the cash, get as close to the 50 yard line as possible, and sit up a little higher rather than close to the field. Can’t help you with tickets........
Thanks for that, I was thinking between 20 and 40 rows back on the first tier if I can get them. I’m guessing the atmosphere is all round the stadium rather than just at the two ends like we have at soccer over here?

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for that, I was thinking between 20 and 40 rows back on the first tier if I can get them. I’m guessing the atmosphere is all round the stadium rather than just at the two ends like we have at soccer over here?
Yes it's fun all around..but when the teams are near the end zones it can be even better, as you are closer then

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I’ll put it this way, the whole place goes nuts on a touchdown. You’ll have a blast. Also build in time to visit the Packer Hall of Fame and other attractions. It’s worthwhile. HAVE FUN, AND WELCOME TO GREEN BAY! GLAD TO HAVE YOU VISIT!\

OP
OP
D

Dr Tree

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I’ll put it this way, the whole place goes nuts on a touchdown. You’ll have a blast. Also build in time to visit the Packer Hall of Fame and other attractions. It’s worthwhile. HAVE FUN, AND WELCOME TO GREEN BAY! GLAD TO HAVE YOU VISIT!\
Cheers man, really appreciate the feedback. Have built in time to get the full experience. Can’t wait to be there finally. Just hope we stuff the Lions!!

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cheers man, really appreciate the feedback. Have built in time to get the full experience. Can’t wait to be there finally. Just hope we stuff the Lions!!
THAT’S THE SPIRIT - “STUFF THE LIONS!” GO PACK GO!

OP
OP
D

Dr Tree

Cheesehead
Reaction score

OP
OP
D

Dr Tree

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I managed to send a blank message then. Never mind. Just wanted to ask advice on where to stay in or out of town when we’re over? Preferably somewhere that doesn’t mean selling our souls while we’re there!

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
I managed to send a blank message then. Never mind. Just wanted to ask advice on where to stay in or out of town when we’re over? Preferably somewhere that doesn’t mean selling our souls while we’re there!
The good and cheap places are all booked by now. The not good or not cheap or most likely not close are all that is left. Mom & pop places 45 minutes away.

OP
OP
D

Dr Tree

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The good and cheap places are all booked by now. The not good or not cheap or most likely not close are all that is left. Mom & pop places 45 minutes away.
Thanks for that, I thought it might be the case. Looks like further afield it is then! What’s a Mom & Pop place btw?

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thanks for that, I thought it might be the case. Looks like further afield it is then! What’s a Mom & Pop place btw?
We have these little roadside motels. They're like a tiny strip of little rooms 5-20 rooms in one or more strips in small little towns. Not a chain, just owned by mom's and pop's :) Used to be popular with the family road trips in the summer. Now they usually get used by traveling workers or snowmobilers in the winters. And when all the newer hotels fill up for events.

We stayed in one for a good summer up in the UP (upper Michigan) while working up there in college. We re-roofed their outhouse and storage shed in the evening one day. Took us all of about 3 hours maybe. They grilled us steaks and fish, pies and cakes for the entire summer I think because of it. We also had a raccoon try tearing thru our front door while we sat and watched it LOL.

OP
OP
D

Dr Tree

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We have these little roadside motels. They're like a tiny strip of little rooms 5-20 rooms in one or more strips in small little towns. Not a chain, just owned by mom's and pop's :) Used to be popular with the family road trips in the summer. Now they usually get used by traveling workers or snowmobilers in the winters. And when all the newer hotels fill up for events.

We stayed in one for a good summer up in the UP (upper Michigan) while working up there in college. We re-roofed their outhouse and storage shed in the evening one day. Took us all of about 3 hours maybe. They grilled us steaks and fish, pies and cakes for the entire summer I think because of it. We also had a raccoon try tearing thru our front door while we sat and watched it LOL.
Sounds great (apart from the rampaging raccoons). Can you recommend any as close to GB as possible?

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sounds great (apart from the rampaging raccoons). Can you recommend any as close to GB as possible?
I wish I could, but at this point I'd just be checking out google for hotels. I did a quick check on hotels.com and there is quite a bit of availability in GB yet, but most are 2-300 per night. There were a couple in Appleton and Kaukauna around the 130-150 per night for those dates in October. Those are only about 30 minutes or so from GB and looked like decent hotels.

OP
OP
D

Dr Tree

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wish I could, but at this point I'd just be checking out google for hotels. I did a quick check on hotels.com and there is quite a bit of availability in GB yet, but most are 2-300 per night. There were a couple in Appleton and Kaukauna around the 130-150 per night for those dates in October. Those are only about 30 minutes or so from GB and looked like decent hotels.
Thanks again, we’ll have a look and see what we can find. Sorry to ask for more info, but if we do book in one of those towns, what are the best ways of getting to/from the game? Buses, trains, cabs, Uber, ride a raccoon, walk?

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
check with the hotel, some have buses to the game. I know a couple of the bars in Appleton take buses there, at least used to. could probably rent a car while you're here and would be cheaper than a cab if you're staying outside of GB. Just make sure you drive on the right side of the road :)

I don't recommend the raccoons, very unreliable and easily pissed off. We do NOT have any sort of train system up here like you're probably used to. We do have Uber, but i've only ever used when in Chicago not up here.

OP
OP
D

Dr Tree

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thanks again, we’ll have a look and see what we can find. Sorry to ask for more info, but if we do book in one of those towns, what are the best ways of getting to/from the game? Buses, trains, cabs, Uber, ride a raccoon, walk?
Before we book anywhere, can anyone confirm the date of the Lions game for me? The Packers app says 10/15/19, but the NFL website says 10/14/19. Help!

OP
OP
D

Dr Tree

Cheesehead
Reaction score
check with the hotel, some have buses to the game. I know a couple of the bars in Appleton take buses there, at least used to. could probably rent a car while you're here and would be cheaper than a cab if you're staying outside of GB. Just make sure you drive on the right side of the road :)

I don't recommend the raccoons, very unreliable and easily pissed off. We do NOT have any sort of train system up here like you're probably used to. We do have Uber, but i've only ever used when in Chicago not up here.
i have 10/14, a monday night game
Thanks, although the app says 15th on the schedule, when you go through to the Ticketmaster resale link, it does say 14th. We’ll go with that! Thanks again, you’re a star!

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks again, you’re a star!
Shee-it, now he's going to want to renegotiate his contract.

There is no public transport between GB and any of the non-adjoining suburbs. These are small cities of about 100-125k residents. Appleton and Manitowoc are 30-40km from GB. Biking trails are an option otherwise renting a car is the best way to get about.
To further explain the size of these communities, from the very center of the city, within 15-20 minutes of driving in any direction * you can be in the driveway of a working dairy farm. Rush hour traffic means you can't do the speed limit. Except for game day traffic, blizzards, and a serious accident, vehicles on the freeways rarely drop below 45.

*Any direction is relative as east of Manitowoc or south of Appleton 20 minutes will put you into water.

OP
OP
D

Dr Tree

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Shee-it, now he's going to want to renegotiate his contract.

There is no public transport between GB and any of the non-adjoining suburbs. These are small cities of about 100-125k residents. Appleton and Manitowoc are 30-40km from GB. Biking trails are an option otherwise renting a car is the best way to get about.
To further explain the size of these communities, from the very center of the city, within 15-20 minutes of driving in any direction * you can be in the driveway of a working dairy farm. Rush hour traffic means you can't do the speed limit. Except for game day traffic, blizzards, and a serious accident, vehicles on the freeways rarely drop below 45.

*Any direction is relative as east of Manitowoc or south of Appleton 20 minutes will put you into water.
Thanks for all the info, you’re a star too! We managed to find a reasonable-ish deal on a hotel in town in the end. And I bought the tickets for the game last night, can’t wait!

Members online

Latest posts