Uh Ohh... tables turning?

Hauschild

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Excellent points!!

I just want to clear a couple things up... When I said the Packers look unstoppable right now to me its true.. its not how you start its how you finish... I always said all through last year if the Packers defense could just find a way to hold off the other team on a final winning drive the Packers could have easily been 11-5 or 12-4 last year.. They put up enough points offensively last year to be a playoff contender. Now this year with how good their defense looks and Rodgers is maturing although still sometimes hangs on to the ball a bit to long they are finding ways to win and the defense is stepping up HUGE. If it had not been for a play here or there against the Bengals and Tampa this team could be tied with Minnesota for first but none the less woulda coulda shoulda. Packers look good and yes they made some mistakes last night as all teams do. They beat the Ravens pretty bad in the end. Even the Colts have made a ton of mistakes. Peyton threw 6 interceptions in 3 games (other then on Sunday he threw none)

Also I do believe the Packers can win out but we will wait and see... The Seahawks are starting to play some good football now and the Pack might have a good game against them, but I do believe the Packers have what it takes especially on offense to get enough points on the board to win out.

What makes me think the Packers can beat the Vikings in the playoffs is, as you said Rodgers is maturing as a QB and the Packers are a totally different team then they were in week 2 and 3 of this season. If Green Bay gets into the playoffs winning 4 games or 6 games in a row and Minnesota is still sputtering *sp* Green bay can beat them. Rodgers will attack their weak secondary and expose them. Who knows what Minnesota will look like now, I know you cant look to far into things but sometimes all it takes is one game to throw a teams momentum off. It happened to Denver and the Giants this year after both teams were 5-0 and 6-0. Arizona showed that Minnesota is not unbeatable.

I like Green Bays chances in the playoffs, and I do think they are playing good football right now. Yes of course they are making mistakes but what team isnt? God knows the Colts have made tons. 2 weeks ago starting the game off down 17-0 to the Texans.

Next week will be an interesting game to watch, Minnesota vs the Bengals. Although Minnesota matches up well with the Bengals... They still have Palmer, and Ocho on that team that can expose Minnesotas terrible pass defense. Also AP has not looked to good the last couple weeks.

If Minnesota loses, it certainly will not be because of Palmer and Stinko - Look at Chad's numbers this season. For a guy consistently thought of as a top 10 wideout, his numbers are HIGHLY inconsistent. He's really more of a WR2 to WR3 for fantasy purposes. Cincy's ability to stop the run and run the ball will be the keys to their success.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I like how you guys have all these ridiculous "theories" on Favre...and Favre keeps blowing your theories out of the water and making you look like idiots..

You guys have been saying he was "washed up" and "not the future" of the Packers since 2005!

Well...pretty soon Favre is going to take Minnesota to the playoffs, and possibly the SB, and you guys are still going to look foolish...

Man, I can't wait for that! :rotfl:
2005? And what guys

Call them all out please

Stop with YOUR theories and post the facts of your so called theories

CM_Awesome

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Conjecture - again without supporting evidence.

Favre has a winning record in the playoffs and a Super Bowl title. It is impossible to draw the conclusion that he sucks overall.

I'm curious what you do for a living, or are you still in school???

Hauschild, I'm a little disappointed. I thought you could do better than that pathetic response.

CM_Awesome

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I like how you guys have all these ridiculous "theories" on Favre...and Favre keeps blowing your theories out of the water and making you look like idiots..

You guys have been saying he was "washed up" and "not the future" of the Packers since 2005!

Well...pretty soon Favre is going to take Minnesota to the playoffs, and possibly the SB, and you guys are still going to look foolish...

Man, I can't wait for that! :rotfl:

Too bad that will always remain a fantasy for you.

ColtsSeahawks

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If Minnesota loses, it certainly will not be because of Palmer and Stinko - Look at Chad's numbers this season. For a guy consistently thought of as a top 10 wideout, his numbers are HIGHLY inconsistent. He's really more of a WR2 to WR3 for fantasy purposes. Cincy's ability to stop the run and run the ball will be the keys to their success.
Ya good point, but when Ocho comes acorss a team with a bad pass defense aka Detroit he seems to destroy them... And that is Minnesota's weakness this year. I dont know how well Cinci will be able to run the ball on Minnesota though, their rush defense is pretty solid.

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
Conjecture - again without supporting evidence.

Favre has a winning record in the playoffs and a Super Bowl title. It is impossible to draw the conclusion that he sucks overall.

I'm curious what you do for a living, or are you still in school???
We live in a "What have you done for me lately?" society, and the answer to that question regarding Favre is "not a whole heck of a lot".

I feel like Minnesota is beatable, but they're still an incredibly solid team. Not my favorite to make a run to the Super Bowl, I'll still take New Orleans, but I would be shocked if they aren't in the NFC Title Game. The only team that I think could take them out that isn't in Louisiana is Arizona, solely based on Sunday Night and the fact that they have the experience of winning on the road.

JeffQuery

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
He was FORCED to sign him because his back was against the wall....I wouldn't doubt that he didn't even make the decision. Maybe the Board forced him to.

The point is that TT's philosophy back-fired and he was damn LUCKY that Tauscher was still available, and you KNOW it.

ThinkICare

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He was FORCED to sign him because his back was against the wall....I wouldn't doubt that he didn't even make the decision. Maybe the Board forced him to.

The point is that TT's philosophy back-fired and he was damn LUCKY that Tauscher was still available, and you KNOW it.

I'm glad you posted facts and not biased opinions because for a second there I thought you posted another TT hate post.

JeffQuery

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
C'mon Man...

You mean you're going to try and tell me that it wasn't general knowledge that TT didn't want to sign Tauscher this year?

Wow...I was born at night, but it wasn't last night, pal....

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
C'mon Man...

You mean you're going to try and tell me that it wasn't general knowledge that TT didn't want to sign Tauscher this year?

Wow...I was born at night, but it wasn't last night, pal....

I bet theres more proof they were waiting for him to be medically cleared before signing him then there is of proof that Ted was "forced"

Damn Jeff you really have hatred

I do wonder sometimes if your real name is David

but you post from out east so you cant be..

JeffQuery

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I just don't like his "philosophy"....

Also, I don't like his arrogance. (as I perceive it)

NYPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Hauschild

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Why do some people find comfort in others' misfortune? It's always intriguing to me. I haven't performed that well, but look at so-and-so ...

But, Minneapolis isn't exactly a huge market, either. I don't think they possess a large national following such as Green Bay, but if Brett signs on for a few more years, I'd be interested to see the crunched numbers down the road.

I don't think TT is the Anti-Christ or anything, but sometimes he's a bit too close for my liking. The offensive line thing kinda sticks in my craw at this point because there's little doubt in my mind that had TT prepared for the situation that occurred early this season, we'd be including Green Bay in the speak about going 16-0. But, like I had predicted, TT dodged the bullet yet again and will live to fight a few more years. Let's hope he has learned a valuable lesson this time.

c_mac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why do some people find comfort in others' misfortune? It's always intriguing to me.

I'm assuming that you are being cheeky and sarcastic considering that you one of your favorite past times around here is to dog Aaron Rodgers relentlessly.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I just don't like his "philosophy"....

Also, I don't like his arrogance. (as I perceive it)

Now Jeff (or David) that is an awesome post..You finally were able to talk about how you hate Ted and you didnt need to use a gay reference, or anything

I seriously wish you could post like this more often

angryguy77

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is laughable. They lose one game to a good team and its "favre sucks" or "Minn meltdown...Pack is great." Arizona needed that game and the Viks didn't show up and had a very poor game plan. Im convinced that if they had thrown more slants and screens they would have made the Arz d more honest.

Ok it has been a good run for GB, but I still dont but this team is elite or has a snowballs chance in hell at winning a playoff game if they make it there. I do believe they will be exposed trust me on that.I will say that they have played better than I expected, but I guess I don't have the faith yet that they will do any damage, but we will see....

Its funny to me that NO gets the luckiest win I've seen in football in a long time over a team they should have creamed, but Minn loses to the NFC champ at their house and its "the viks are frauds" or "They havn't played anybody". Well as I have said in previouse threads, the "Haven't played anybody" could be used for all the teams really. As it turns out the teams that should be good this year for the most part are really not that good and are being eaten by teams that you wouldn't think are able to put wins up against these teams which are making records look better than they are. But make no mistake, the top four teams are good, just don't know how good they are in realtion to each other.

This Minn team will beat the Saints (if they meet) as long as they dont sustaine any more injuries. They will get Winfield back and that will help the pass d. They will be ok, this Arz was the only team that really beat them outright. Most teams will lay an egg once or twice a year, it happens. Some have said this isnt the team that Minn want to see again, I dont see it that way. Minn will be ready for them and it will be in Minn if they do in fact play again. AP will show up for the playoffs, and Favre will not let the team down. If they get beat it will because the team as a whole wasn't good enough, not because Favre "sucks in the palyoffs." Seeing this really shows that hate and dislike are clouding peoples reason and senses, and I see a total lack of memory.

BTW GB should thank the football gods that suggs and reed were out.

One more thing, SD will knock the Colts out of the playoffs.

JeffQuery

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
That's your "modern day" Madden playing Packer "fan" for you....

No...they're not quick to want to blame it ALL on Favre, are they?

Takes alot of balls (or something else, at least)....especially since Favre cleaned your clock head up twice this year!

But there you have it! :rotfl:

thetrooper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i have never been a vikings fan so i don't care if they fall apart or not.i like the cards though.but i don't see the packers losing the WC spot.cards will win the west.but yeah i really don't like the chargers so i hope the colts beat them

thetrooper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is laughable. They lose one game to a good team and its "favre sucks" or "Minn meltdown...Pack is great." Arizona needed that game and the Viks didn't show up and had a very poor game plan. Im convinced that if they had thrown more slants and screens they would have made the Arz d more honest.

Ok it has been a good run for GB, but I still dont but this team is elite or has a snowballs chance in hell at winning a playoff game if they make it there. I do believe they will be exposed trust me on that.I will say that they have played better than I expected, but I guess I don't have the faith yet that they will do any damage, but we will see....

Its funny to me that NO gets the luckiest win I've seen in football in a long time over a team they should have creamed, but Minn loses to the NFC champ at their house and its "the viks are frauds" or "They havn't played anybody". Well as I have said in previouse threads, the "Haven't played anybody" could be used for all the teams really. As it turns out the teams that should be good this year for the most part are really not that good and are being eaten by teams that you wouldn't think are able to put wins up against these teams which are making records look better than they are. But make no mistake, the top four teams are good, just don't know how good they are in realtion to each other.

This Minn team will beat the Saints (if they meet) as long as they dont sustaine any more injuries. They will get Winfield back and that will help the pass d. They will be ok, this Arz was the only team that really beat them outright. Most teams will lay an egg once or twice a year, it happens. Some have said this isnt the team that Minn want to see again, I dont see it that way. Minn will be ready for them and it will be in Minn if they do in fact play again. AP will show up for the playoffs, and Favre will not let the team down. If they get beat it will because the team as a whole wasn't good enough, not because Favre "sucks in the palyoffs." Seeing this really shows that hate and dislike are clouding peoples reason and senses, and I see a total lack of memory.

One more thing, SD will knock the Colts out of the playoffs.

Suggs hasn't done crap since he got his money.if Reed was in there maybe the ravens would have won.like i said maybe.but they didn't so oh well.GO PACK:happy0005:

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Ok it has been a good run for GB, but I still dont but this team is elite or has a snowballs chance in hell at winning a playoff game if they make it there.

I see FANS being excited that their team is doing well..I seen people say okay beat Dallas then we know how good you are..We did then the haters chime in, well Dallas didnt come to play..Then hear beat the Niners they do and hear same thing...

Then we are told beat the Ravens we did then we hear they missed two of their guys (but fail to mention 2 of our guys were out and a rookie 7th rounder in starting as well)

Is this Packer team GREAT I dont think so, could they end up that way? Maybe, highly unlikely but could happen...

This team I think is exactly what the record says...Better then average..I dont care who you play, when you get a 4 game win streak--that to me says thats a pretty good team...

FYI if your going to blast the Packers and say they suck.....Then dont rub it in how the Viks won 2 games vs us..You should have won...

But make no mistake about it, the Vik team was about 10 secs away from being 8-4 right now..Missed FG and a last sec pass from Brett to pull out wins..

Stop with the Reed and Suggs..We had injuries as well and Pickett ended up leaving in the game..

angryguy77

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Suggs hasn't done crap since he got his money.if Reed was in there maybe the ravens would have won.like i said maybe.but they didn't so oh well.GO PACK:happy0005:
Yup they didn't and the pack deserved to win. But this win with the others didn't really answer your questions as to how good this team really is by your statement. Im' not playing the "if" game, but rather just pointing out that I think people should be a little more rational in their excitement over this team.

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
Lets just say the Pack went from not so good to pretty good in the last few weeks. Great? Win some playoff games, and then we'll see if they deserve that moniker.

I think overall, the team has made some great strides, and seems to have matured. Our Special Teams will keep us from winning, or going deep into the playoffs. When two teams are equal, the ST are the difference maker generally. And with our Penalty problems. I'm hoping we get some momentum, have another great draft, and come back next year loaded for Bears, Drag Queens, and Lions.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Yup they didn't and the pack deserved to win. But this win with the others didn't really answer your questions as to how good this team really is by your statement. Im' not playing the "if" game, but rather just pointing out that I think people should be a little more rational in their excitement over this team.

You are playing the what if game..

We can do that all day long..

What if Driver didnt fumble, what if Jennings actually caught half of the balls he dropped

Members online

Latest posts