Uh Ohh... tables turning?

ThinkICare

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think 3irty1 was saying a person working for ESPN says that the only good opponent the Vikes faced so far have been the Pack which is giving praise to them. I definitely disagree with that though. The Ravens is a team I would call a "good" opponent along with the Cards. It's hard saying if the Steelers are "good". I guess I'd say that, but they've been really fading these past few games.

ColtsSeahawks

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well the Packers look good right now that is for sure.... Congrats Packer fans on your huge win. Its funny my two very very cocky Vikings friends are so disgusted with the loss yesterday and the way the Packers looked today. They are now saying the division belongs to the Pack if Minnesota keeps playing the way they are. To be honest they go way over board at times but they do have a point.

Vikings could very well lose to the Bengals, and they could even lose to Chicago IN Chicago, then lose to the Giants... Packers will easily beat Seattle, and should beat Pittsburgh... (Pittsburgh has looked horrid) I dont think Green Bay will win the division but they definitely win the wild card this year, and with how hot they are looking and they can play in any temperature and any dome, I dont think any team will want to face them in the playoffs.

Packs look unstoppable right now!! Funny they are the NFC's version of the Chargers... Both teams started off slow and now both are finishing strong and I guarantee have every team in their conference worried... I know I as a Colts fan do not want to play San Diego in the playoffs.... And with the way Minnesota looked last night and the Packs tonight I dont know if Minnesota wants to play them either :p

None the less Great win tonight for the Pack, Damn Rodgers is exciting to watch. Even my gf loves to watch him and she is ALLLLL about Peyton.

Quientus

Oenophile
Reaction score
Well the Packers look good right now that is for sure.... Congrats Packer fans on your huge win. Its funny my two very very cocky Vikings friends are so disgusted with the loss yesterday and the way the Packers looked today. They are now saying the division belongs to the Pack if Minnesota keeps playing the way they are. To be honest they go way over board at times but they do have a point.

While the win this night was rather huge in terms of play off aspirations, it was not a "pretty game" ... Nevertheless the end result was what mattered, and the Packers are looking quite good in the wild card race as of right now ...

Saying the North "belongs to the Packers" is a little premature and also putting a little too much into a game that didn't mean much (conference wise), especially considering Minnesota won both games against the Packers ...

I think everyone is putting a little too much into one game, when it comes to the Vikings ... The Cardinals is not a bad team - even though some people would like to think that ... However, the Vikings did look quite horrible in that game in Arizona ... But then again, the Vikings didn't look "horrible" losing to the Steelers ... But most times any time a team loses, it will look "bad" ...

Vikings could very well lose to the Bengals, and they could even lose to Chicago IN Chicago, then lose to the Giants... Packers will easily beat Seattle, and should beat Pittsburgh... (Pittsburgh has looked horrid) I dont think Green Bay will win the division but they definitely win the wild card this year, and with how hot they are looking and they can play in any temperature and any dome, I dont think any team will want to face them in the playoffs.

I agree that Vikings *could* lose to Bengals, however, playing in Minnesota I don't think that will happen ... Match up wise, the Vikings match up better against the Bengals than they did Arizona and the game is also played in Minnesota ...

Despite how awful the Steelers have looked lately, playing against them in Pittsburg is never easy for any team ... And in all likelyhood, the Steelers will be playing for "keepers" when they host the Packers in two weeks ... And history has shown that the Steelers is actually a team that is able to play up (or down) to the level of their respective opponents ...

The Steelers lost a close game against the Ravens in Baltimore, and I honestly don't think the Ravens would have won had they been playing in Pittsburg ... But then againt the Steelers did lose at home to Oakland (LOL !!!), however, The Raiders seem to only be wanting to play well against "good" teams, and just don't care about the rest of the league ... - The Raiders won against the Bengals at home, against the Eagles (at home) and their 3rd came against the Steelers (surprisingly) away ... 3 wins against 3 very different (and quite good) teams, while having lost the other games played ...

Don't forget, while the Steelers won (home) against the Vikings, the Vikings actually dominated the Steelers (playing in Pittsburg) ... - Again, how you win isn't important really, as long as you win ...

Packs look unstoppable right now!! Funny they are the NFC's version of the Chargers... Both teams started off slow and now both are finishing strong and I guarantee have every team in their conference worried... I know I as a Colts fan do not want to play San Diego in the playoffs.... And with the way Minnesota looked last night and the Packs tonight I dont know if Minnesota wants to play them either :p

While the Packers are on a good roll now, with 4 games won straight, saying the look unstoppable is a little too much to say ...

- Don't forget that in terms of tie breakers, the win against the Ravens doesn't count for much as the Ravens is an AFC team ... And thus won't count unless it comes to out of conference games ... If the regular season ended now, the Packers would still have to face the Saints before matching up against the Vikings ...

Last nights game didn't show an "unstoppable" Packers team (what game did you watch ?), very far from it, but again, the Packers got a good win, because it doesn't really matter how you win, as long as you win (as I and others have pointed out numerous times).

None the less Great win tonight for the Pack, Damn Rodgers is exciting to watch. Even my gf loves to watch him and she is ALLLLL about Peyton.

Despite being intercepted twice in last nights game, I agree that Rodgers played rather well, however, he still needs to improve on his game play, - so far I would credit the game planning and coaching more for his (improved) play and the performance of the offensive line ... - The same coaching and offensive line alot of people were calling "atrocious" and "worst in the league" not so long ago ...

As I've said before, the offensive line the Packers have isn't as "atroucious" (sp?) as alot of people said it was during the first half of the season, and the defense has steadily been looking better ... Let's just hope that they can keep it up the next 3 games (atleast) ...

I'm saying the next 3 games, because if the Packers manages to win those, I don't think the last game will matter much in terms of play off implications ...

Winning min 2 more games should be enough to clinch a play off berth, and going 4-0 in the last 4 games isn't impossible at this point (as in all likelyhood the Cardinals won't have anything to play for in the last game of the regular season, and by the looks of it, pending results going into that game, the Packers might not have either), however, I didn't see anything in last nights game that would convince me that the Packers would be able to beat neither the Saints, nor the Vikings ... Especially not playing either team away ...

TheHeretic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Feel Good Vs The Bears

Well this ones in the bag GB27-Bal 14.Im feeling pretty damn confident about our prospects next week. :happy0005:

Quientus

Oenophile
Reaction score
Did Favre not do all this with the Jets last year?

They were playing very well and then near the end they struggled, I think Favre is lucky to have Running Back in AP otherwise they wouldn't make the playoffs

I agree that having Adrian Peterson would be good for any quarterback in the league, however, AP hasn't exactly been "stellar" looking in these past 4 games played barring one single game really, and many people could also say that AP is lucky to have Favre on his team this season as well ...

- So to make such a comment really only shows how biased you really are when it comes to "judging" Favre's perfomance this season, because obviously you havent been watching alot of Minnesota's games, barring the 2 against the Packers ...

Last, while the NFC (historically and statistically) hasn't been as "competitive" in terms of wild card races, as the AFC, don't forget that the Patriots made 11-5 last season *without* making the play offs ... A similar scenario isn't exactly impossible in the NFC this season neither ...

The Packers could end up being unlucky to experience that even a 10-6 won't be enough to clinch a play off berth, pending on the last 4 games of the regular season this year ... - Will it happen, most likely not, as there are practically no divisional 2nd teams in the NFC that will be able to have a better 10-6 or 11-5 record at this point ...

Green_Bay_Packers

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree that having Adrian Peterson would be good for any quarterback in the league, however, AP hasn't exactly been "stellar" looking in these past 4 games played barring one single game really, and many people could also say that AP is lucky to have Favre on his team this season as well ...

- So to make such a comment really only shows how biased you really are when it comes to "judging" Favre's perfomance this season, because obviously you havent been watching alot of Minnesota's games, barring the 2 against the Packers ...

Last, while the NFC (historically and statistically) hasn't been as "competitive" in terms of wild card races, as the AFC, don't forget that the Patriots made 11-5 last season *without* making the play offs ... A similar scenario isn't exactly impossible in the NFC this season neither ...

The Packers could end up being unlucky to experience that even a 10-6 won't be enough to clinch a play off berth, pending on the last 4 games of the regular season this year ... - Will it happen, most likely not, as there are practically no divisional 2nd teams in the NFC that will be able to have a better 10-6 or 11-5 record at this point ...

Im not trying to be biased, I was just saying that the jets were playing well with Favre and then their season got away from them and they missed the playoffs

Quientus

Oenophile
Reaction score
Im not trying to be biased, I was just saying that the jets were playing well with Favre and then their season got away from them and they missed the playoffs

Nevermind the fact that Favre was playing (seriously - torn biceps) hurt neither ...

The Titans was playing rather well as well, untill they faced the Jets who handed them (at the time) first loss of the season ... The Patriots didn't make the play offs neither, despite an 11-5 record ...

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Quin...

I am going to play the what if game that Haus likes to use..

What if DD didnt fumble both times (when was last time he fumbled anyways? 2007 actually...only has 6 in 11 years and 2 game last night) More than likley they score on the 1st fumble drive..

How many drops did the WR have as well??

So while they didnt look very unstoppable last night they have VERY VERY easy mistakes to correct...Drops and fumbles

Even with ALL the sloppy play, they found a way to win, where as if that game happened 2 months ago, they lose it if you ask me

JeffQuery

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Gee..What happened to TT's not wanting to sign Tauscher because he was too "old"?

Guess that theory didn't hold out since Tauscher's playing well....

I hope he took Tightwad Ted to the ef'in cleaners...

Green_Bay_Packers

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Gee..What happened to TT's not wanting to sign Tauscher because he was too "old"?

In case you didnt notice we are nearly in the Playoffs and when we beat you in the NFC championship game, I will still be here and you wont, can't wait to hear you moan about your old QB who ****** you over.

Our QB is better.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score

Gee what happened to TT not wanting to sign Mark cuz he is to cheap??

Hauschild

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm tickled to death you people are once again falling into the same trap I warned you would about 4 weeks ago, after the Tampa debacle.

Green Bay is a decent team, but they lack consistency and are easily exploitable against certain types of offenses.

I'll tell you guys one thing for certain - Minnesota needs the #2 seed because those first round wildcard games are going to be BRUTAL. Right now, I see Green Bay traveling to Arizona and New York playing at Philly. I like how Green Bay matches up with Arizona, and I always like the Giants in the playoffs. That means Green Bay then travels to Minnesota and New York to New Orleans. Minnesota once again dismantles Green Bay and I can see the Giants getting hot again.

Wow - what a post season we're in for.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Green Bay is a decent team, but they lack consistency and are easily exploitable against certain types of offenses.

HUH?

4 wins in a row and thats lacking consistency?

do AVERAGE teams win 4 in a row?

Only thing Pack are consistent at is penalties

Hauschild

Cheesehead
Reaction score
HUH?

4 wins in a row and thats lacking consistency?

do AVERAGE teams win 4 in a row?

Only thing Pack are consistent at is penalties

Well, the consistency I was referring to was during the course of a game. What kills them against good teams is the lapses that we see.

CM_Awesome

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm tickled to death you people are once again falling into the same trap I warned you would about 4 weeks ago, after the Tampa debacle.

I'll tell you guys one thing for certain - Minnesota needs the #2 seed because those first round wildcard games are going to be BRUTAL. Right now, I see Green Bay traveling to Arizona and New York playing at Philly. I like how Green Bay matches up with Arizona, and I always like the Giants in the playoffs. That means Green Bay then travels to Minnesota and New York to New Orleans. Minnesota once again dismantles Green Bay and I can see the Giants getting hot again.

Wow - what a post season we're in for.

I would prefer that we travel to Arizona. They don't play as well at home, they are a road team.

Think what you want about what your purple team will do to the Pack. Favre sucks in the playoffs, where have you been this past 7 years? Did you just become an NFL fan? Or is it just you can't put down that Favre purple drink.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Well, the consistency I was referring to was during the course of a game. What kills them against good teams is the lapses that we see.

And as I said in another post...

a month ago they would have LOST that type of game..See Tampa for example

They are finding ways to win, and after all that is all that matters RIGHT?

JeffQuery

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I would prefer that we travel to Arizona. They don't play as well at home, they are a road team.

Think what you want about what your purple team will do to the Pack. Favre sucks in the playoffs, where have you been this past 7 years? Did you just become an NFL fan? Or is it just you can't put down that Favre purple drink.

No..the PACKERS sucked in the playoffs...

TED THOMPSON's PACKERS....and MIKE SHERMAN's PACKERS...

You can't just make **** up and expect everyone to just believe it?

Arizona is a road team and not good at home? That is laughable and total bull****!

:rotfl:

CM_Awesome

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No..the PACKERS sucked in the playoffs...

TED THOMPSON's PACKERS....and MIKE SHERMAN's PACKERS...

You can't just make **** up and expect everyone to just believe it?

Arizona is a road team and not good at home? That is laughable and total bull****!

:rotfl:

You need to learn how to read first off. I never said they werent good at home. I said they weren't as good at home as they are on the road. You don't believe they are better on the road then at home? Arizona is 5-1 on the road and 3-3 at home. They are a 99 yard Vince Young drive away from being 6-0 on the road. Do you even pay attention to the NFL, or do you just cling on to anything that sounds bad for the Packers?

ColtsSeahawks

Cheesehead
Reaction score
While the win this night was rather huge in terms of play off aspirations, it was not a "pretty game" ... Nevertheless the end result was what mattered, and the Packers are looking quite good in the wild card race as of right now ...

Saying the North "belongs to the Packers" is a little premature and also putting a little too much into a game that didn't mean much (conference wise), especially considering Minnesota won both games against the Packers ...

I think everyone is putting a little too much into one game, when it comes to the Vikings ... The Cardinals is not a bad team - even though some people would like to think that ... However, the Vikings did look quite horrible in that game in Arizona ... But then again, the Vikings didn't look "horrible" losing to the Steelers ... But most times any time a team loses, it will look "bad" ...

I agree that Vikings *could* lose to Bengals, however, playing in Minnesota I don't think that will happen ... Match up wise, the Vikings match up better against the Bengals than they did Arizona and the game is also played in Minnesota ...

Despite how awful the Steelers have looked lately, playing against them in Pittsburg is never easy for any team ... And in all likelyhood, the Steelers will be playing for "keepers" when they host the Packers in two weeks ... And history has shown that the Steelers is actually a team that is able to play up (or down) to the level of their respective opponents ...

The Steelers lost a close game against the Ravens in Baltimore, and I honestly don't think the Ravens would have won had they been playing in Pittsburg ... But then againt the Steelers did lose at home to Oakland (LOL !!!), however, The Raiders seem to only be wanting to play well against "good" teams, and just don't care about the rest of the league ... - The Raiders won against the Bengals at home, against the Eagles (at home) and their 3rd came against the Steelers (surprisingly) away ... 3 wins against 3 very different (and quite good) teams, while having lost the other games played ...

Don't forget, while the Steelers won (home) against the Vikings, the Vikings actually dominated the Steelers (playing in Pittsburg) ... - Again, how you win isn't important really, as long as you win ...

While the Packers are on a good roll now, with 4 games won straight, saying the look unstoppable is a little too much to say ...

- Don't forget that in terms of tie breakers, the win against the Ravens doesn't count for much as the Ravens is an AFC team ... And thus won't count unless it comes to out of conference games ... If the regular season ended now, the Packers would still have to face the Saints before matching up against the Vikings ...

Last nights game didn't show an "unstoppable" Packers team (what game did you watch ?), very far from it, but again, the Packers got a good win, because it doesn't really matter how you win, as long as you win (as I and others have pointed out numerous times).

Despite being intercepted twice in last nights game, I agree that Rodgers played rather well, however, he still needs to improve on his game play, - so far I would credit the game planning and coaching more for his (improved) play and the performance of the offensive line ... - The same coaching and offensive line alot of people were calling "atrocious" and "worst in the league" not so long ago ...

As I've said before, the offensive line the Packers have isn't as "atroucious" (sp?) as alot of people said it was during the first half of the season, and the defense has steadily been looking better ... Let's just hope that they can keep it up the next 3 games (atleast) ...

I'm saying the next 3 games, because if the Packers manages to win those, I don't think the last game will matter much in terms of play off implications ...

Winning min 2 more games should be enough to clinch a play off berth, and going 4-0 in the last 4 games isn't impossible at this point (as in all likelyhood the Cardinals won't have anything to play for in the last game of the regular season, and by the looks of it, pending results going into that game, the Packers might not have either), however, I didn't see anything in last nights game that would convince me that the Packers would be able to beat neither the Saints, nor the Vikings ... Especially not playing either team away ...
Excellent points!!

I just want to clear a couple things up... When I said the Packers look unstoppable right now to me its true.. its not how you start its how you finish... I always said all through last year if the Packers defense could just find a way to hold off the other team on a final winning drive the Packers could have easily been 11-5 or 12-4 last year.. They put up enough points offensively last year to be a playoff contender. Now this year with how good their defense looks and Rodgers is maturing although still sometimes hangs on to the ball a bit to long they are finding ways to win and the defense is stepping up HUGE. If it had not been for a play here or there against the Bengals and Tampa this team could be tied with Minnesota for first but none the less woulda coulda shoulda. Packers look good and yes they made some mistakes last night as all teams do. They beat the Ravens pretty bad in the end. Even the Colts have made a ton of mistakes. Peyton threw 6 interceptions in 3 games (other then on Sunday he threw none)

Also I do believe the Packers can win out but we will wait and see... The Seahawks are starting to play some good football now and the Pack might have a good game against them, but I do believe the Packers have what it takes especially on offense to get enough points on the board to win out.

What makes me think the Packers can beat the Vikings in the playoffs is, as you said Rodgers is maturing as a QB and the Packers are a totally different team then they were in week 2 and 3 of this season. If Green Bay gets into the playoffs winning 4 games or 6 games in a row and Minnesota is still sputtering *sp* Green bay can beat them. Rodgers will attack their weak secondary and expose them. Who knows what Minnesota will look like now, I know you cant look to far into things but sometimes all it takes is one game to throw a teams momentum off. It happened to Denver and the Giants this year after both teams were 5-0 and 6-0. Arizona showed that Minnesota is not unbeatable.

I like Green Bays chances in the playoffs, and I do think they are playing good football right now. Yes of course they are making mistakes but what team isnt? God knows the Colts have made tons. 2 weeks ago starting the game off down 17-0 to the Texans.

Next week will be an interesting game to watch, Minnesota vs the Bengals. Although Minnesota matches up well with the Bengals... They still have Palmer, and Ocho on that team that can expose Minnesotas terrible pass defense. Also AP has not looked to good the last couple weeks.

JeffQuery

Banned
Banned
Reaction score

I like how you guys have all these ridiculous "theories" on Favre...and Favre keeps blowing your theories out of the water and making you look like idiots..

You guys have been saying he was "washed up" and "not the future" of the Packers since 2005!

Well...pretty soon Favre is going to take Minnesota to the playoffs, and possibly the SB, and you guys are still going to look foolish...

Man, I can't wait for that! :rotfl:

Hauschild

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Conjecture - again without supporting evidence.

Favre has a winning record in the playoffs and a Super Bowl title. It is impossible to draw the conclusion that he sucks overall.

I'm curious what you do for a living, or are you still in school???

Members online

Latest posts