Uh Ohh... tables turning?

3irty1

Fear the Dreads!
Reaction score
Packerrs seemed to have turned around these past couple games, almost shutting out Dallas, burying the niners, and... well we beat the lions. But what I liked the most about this week was the Queen's V. Cards game. Favre threw 3 picks, and got hit hard after some Olineman went down.

With the Giants, Bengals, and Chicago coming up, is it too much to think we may catch up to the vikings? Their O-line seemed to take a major beating this week, and 2 Tackles were injured. That's gonna put some major pressure on Favre.

If the Pack can continue playing at a high level, I think the tortoise might catch up to the hare :X

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
I wouldn't get too ahead of yourself. There's a decent possibility the Packers go out tomorrow and play worse against the Ravens than the Vikes did against the Cardinals.

Not to mention that the Vikings still have a 3 game lead on us (because they have the tiebreaker) with 4 to play. They're going to win their division, they're going to get a bye.

NYPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dude I was just about to put up a thread on the Vikes game!!! lol but in all serious, yes the vikes did have a bad game tonight but I give the Cards more credit. If you watch closely, the Cards had a perfect game plan in that they:
1) Brought in TE and a back to shut down Jared Allen
2) Bunch the Center and the Gaurds to contain the Williams wall
3) Bring pressure on Favre by pressing the A and V gaps
4) Most importantly shut down Adrian Peterson

I think the Pack should be taking notes from this game. A lot of people thought that blitzing Favre or bringing in extra help to contain the pass rush was impossible but the Cards showed that it can be done. If the Packers can learn from what the Cardinals game, it not only helps them if they face the Vikings in the future but against other elite teams as well.

Packerfury

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well lets not get ahead of ourselves... They'd have to lose out and we'd have to win out. And they still play Carolina. Even though it is at Carolina, they still should roll em up. But now let's say we win out and they lose all of their games other than Carolina. I think the momentum shift would be huge and they would be terrified to play us in the post season. Even if they go lik 2-2 over this last stretch they'd still be scared to play us... And formula to beat vikes offense=put pressure on favre while the game is close(always been MO on favre). If you put points on the board and make Favre feel like he has to answer, he will continuously make mistakes rather than letting his D do the work... And their running game is not exactly a bright spot if they keep getting the blocking they did tonight...

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, anything is possible. As much as I would love to come from behind to clinch the division, I'll be stoked to make it in to the playoffs. To do that we need to get the win tomorrow night. First thing's first.

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
Yeah, I think the forumla for beating the Vikings just got laid out and like you said. I hope the Pack was taking notes. The question is, how many teams out there have the personnel to implement it. Not many I think.

For now it sure is looking like the SB is going through LA.

Hauschild

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, I called it - it's tough to travel to Arizona and play a great game.

I'm still amazed at how NFL games always come down to match-up's. Arizona seems to match up well with Minnesota because when you force the opposing team to continually blitz - and they're still not effective - you have a serious leg-up.

Cross off the Cards as a team Minny wants to face in the playoffs.

I see Green Bay having a better go at the Cards because Green Bay doesn't rely on the defensive line to generate constant pressure. They have a good secondary. If you can take out Minny's front four, it leaves a real suspect secondary to shoulder the load, yet Green Bay is exactly the opposite.

Now, EJ Henderson is probably done for the year and not sure about Griffin. I see Minny losing two more games and it's possible Green Bay runs the table, but still gives Minnesota the division. Lots of season left, though.

A12ROD903

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Actually Favre only threw 2 picks. But yeah, a long way to go. We have to take care of business though.

I dont think the possibility of catching the vikings should even be a concern in their minds right now... one game at a time. If it happens it happens if not then we will be playing for the wild card (which the eagles win if theres a tie). I agree with IronMan, We have to take care of business.

DILLIGAFF

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If I were a viking fan I would be worried. Their running game has proven to be ineffective at times. Their LBs and secondary are hurting really bad and they are starting to have O-line problems. Their secondary is hurting bad enough that Arizona was able to keep more people in to block (J. Allen) and Warner was still able to pass the ball on them with ease.

Combine this with an aging QB with 4 more games to go and a playoff run, I can see the first signs of a melt down with TT just grinning form ear to ear in his office.

If you look at the vikings schedule and how they have played, their 10-2 record is very miss leading. At this point I like the Pack's chances in the playoffs more so than the Vikings.

Would it be nice if the vikings start to have locker room problems, I forget the word that was used at the beginning of the season.

Could they lose 3 out 4 and the pack goes 5-0 to win the division? They have the Bengals next followed by Carolina (who knows) then Chicago who is playing for respect and finish with the Giants who may be playing for a wild card spot.

Any given Sunday and Arizona has shown the vikings weakness. This is not out of the realm of possibility, especially with a 2 game losing streak (also losing to the Bengals adding fuel to that locker room thing) then going on the road to Carolina and the bears in the cold at Soldiers Field. Then finish with the red hot NY Giants.

dansz15

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We have to wait a few more games for the Vikes, they could of slipped up. If the Packers lose tonight it will kill them, they control their own destiny especially with Pitt playing so poorly and getting them on the schedule. However last night the Cards got pressure on Favre and forced mistakes, and showed the first vulnerability of the Vikes this season really, and I loved it. Under pressure he made awful passes into triple coverage and should of thrown three or four picks. Interesting to see how he responds next week... If nothing changes then it seems like getting Favre under pressure yet again, even with the Vikes, will cause him to show his true colors.

I am not sold on it just yet, but the Vikes could be lookings a lot more vulnerable :)

DILLIGAFF

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Another thing just occurred to me when thinking of BF hitting that wall due to his age is the rookie wall that P. Harrvin maybe hitting and become less effective as the season goes on. He is a big part of that offense, without him I think the Pack would have won one of those games against the vikings if not both.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We have to wait a few more games for the Vikes, they could of slipped up. If the Packers lose tonight it will kill them, they control their own destiny especially with Pitt playing so poorly and getting them on the schedule. However last night the Cards got pressure on Favre and forced mistakes, and showed the first vulnerability of the Vikes this season really, and I loved it. Under pressure he made awful passes into triple coverage and should of thrown three or four picks. Interesting to see how he responds next week... If nothing changes then it seems like getting Favre under pressure yet again, even with the Vikes, will cause him to show his true colors.

I am not sold on it just yet, but the Vikes could be lookings a lot more vulnerable :)
Was I the only one that noticed Favre's lack of arm strenght?

Don't get me wrong, he allways had a cannon of an arm, and when he can set his foot properly, his passes are really fast.

But when he got pressured, and tried to trhow it in his back foot, he didn't have the strenght to deliver it fast enough to the receivers, and the ball got hanging in the air, thus the interceptions and the missed interceptions (2 by Adrian Wilson).

It wasn't poor decision.

And it's only one game.

But it may be what a lot of people, including myself, where talking about him. That he's 40 and a long season takes it's toll...

Hauschild

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If I were a viking fan I would be worried. Their running game has proven to be ineffective at times. Their LBs and secondary are hurting really bad and they are starting to have O-line problems. Their secondary is hurting bad enough that Arizona was able to keep more people in to block (J. Allen) and Warner was still able to pass the ball on them with ease.

Combine this with an aging QB with 4 more games to go and a playoff run, I can see the first signs of a melt down with TT just grinning form ear to ear in his office.

If you look at the vikings schedule and how they have played, their 10-2 record is very miss leading. At this point I like the Pack's chances in the playoffs more so than the Vikings.

Would it be nice if the vikings start to have locker room problems, I forget the word that was used at the beginning of the season.

Could they lose 3 out 4 and the pack goes 5-0 to win the division? They have the Bengals next followed by Carolina (who knows) then Chicago who is playing for respect and finish with the Giants who may be playing for a wild card spot.

Any given Sunday and Arizona has shown the vikings weakness. This is not out of the realm of possibility, especially with a 2 game losing streak (also losing to the Bengals adding fuel to that locker room thing) then going on the road to Carolina and the bears in the cold at Soldiers Field. Then finish with the red hot NY Giants.

You're reading TOO MUCH into one game, really.

Minnesota has a dominant offense and a decent defense. These two truths are enough for a decent playoff run.

Hauschild

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Was I the only one that noticed Favre's lack of arm strenght?

OH MY FREAKIN' GOD!!!:shock:

Seriously, people, this "Favre sucks on December 1st and beyond" crap is beyond embarrassing.

Grab hold of yerselves!!!

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
Facts are facts and generally Farve has sucked in the playoffs. Even going back to before the 96 SB. Remember the 95 Championship game. Farve threw the game away on what, 2-3 picks in the 4th quarter.

He starts thinking he has to win all the games by himself and that causes him to make mistakes which ended up costing GB God knows how many playoff games.

So I wouldn't just say the after DEC 1st Farve sucks theory isn't completely false. The Romo/Dallas sucks after Dec 1st theory has held true for 5 years now too.

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score

To answer that question. Yes. Green Bay would have to beat the Vikings by one game to take the division. So MN would have to lose 3 out 4 and Green Bay would have to win out. Possible, not probable. But then who knows? Let's not forget that Green Bay has to play both Pittsburgh and AZ away. Both I think will be tough games.

Hauschild

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Facts are facts and generally Farve has sucked in the playoffs. Even going back to before the 96 SB. Remember the 95 Championship game. Farve threw the game away on what, 2-3 picks in the 4th quarter.

He starts thinking he has to win all the games by himself and that causes him to make mistakes which ended up costing GB God knows how many playoff games.

So I wouldn't just say the after DEC 1st Farve sucks theory isn't completely false. The Romo/Dallas sucks after Dec 1st theory has held true for 5 years now too.

Good Lord - this doesn't make any sense?!?!?:shock:

Favre help Green Bay win a Super Bowl and get to another. How many years do you have to watch NFL football before you realize that the QB does not solely determine the outcome of a game???

Oftentimes, what you are seeing is a player in Favre this is helping his team overachieve by getting to the playoffs. Would you rather have had Favre won fewer games and not reached the playoffs - like Rodgers last season? Does this mean Rodgers is a better NFL QB because he LOSES more games, reaches the playoffs fewer times, but has a BETTER QB rating???

This is absolutely flooringly nuts - this belief that Favre plays worse when the game means more. No matter if it is the regular season, or the playoffs, the stands are still full. The game is still played the same way.

Finally, if anybody DOESN'T believe that the first match-up with Green Bay this season was the BIGGEST game of Favre's career in terms of pressure, you're a homer with no means of thinking independently and reasonably.

Hauschild

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Favre help Green Bay win a Super Bowl and get to another. How many years do you have to watch NFL football before you realize that the QB does not solely determine the outcome of a game???

Oftentimes, what you are seeing is a player in Favre this is helping his team overachieve by getting to the playoffs. Would you rather have had Favre won fewer games and not reached the playoffs - like Rodgers last season? Does this mean Rodgers is a better NFL QB because he LOSES more games, reaches the playoffs fewer times, but has a BETTER QB rating???

This is absolutely flooringly nuts - this belief that Favre plays worse when the game means more. No matter if it is the regular season, or the playoffs, the stands are still full. The game is still played the same way.

Finally, if anybody DOESN'T believe that the first match-up with Green Bay this season was the BIGGEST game of Favre's career in terms of pressure, you're a homer with no means of thinking independently and reasonably. And, what was the MOST IMPORTANT reason Favre appeared to play so great? Simple: Minnesota is a better team than Green Bay, they match-up well with Green Bay and they had a sound game plan.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Finally, if anybody DOESN'T believe that the first match-up with Green Bay this season was the BIGGEST game of Favre's career in terms of pressure, you're a homer with no means of thinking independently and reasonably.
So age doesn't factor in, that's what you're saying? Favre did it in 97...

And I didn't say squat about playing when matters. I said about playing LATE because he's 40.

I said that in the AZ game he seemed to lack arm strenght when he was throwing from his back foot, something he didn't seem to lack early in the season. And something you haven't refuted.

It's that or they were just terrible passes and terrible decisions, which I didn't see.
-
Oh, and Raptorman, I would agree with you, if Pittsburgh wasn't in such a slump, and if the AZ game wasn't the last of the season, where it's very probable that they'll rest their starters.

But I do agree on the point that it's very unlikely, 5% chance that the Packers can win the division.

I will only think about that situation if after your Bears game we have won out and you have lost both games. Then the division may be open.

But right now, 5% chance, if that much.

Hauschild

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So age doesn't factor in, that's what you're saying? Favre did it in 97...

And I didn't say squat about playing when matters. I said about playing LATE because he's 40.

I said that in the AZ game he seemed to lack arm strenght when he was throwing from his back foot, something he didn't seem to lack early in the season. And something you haven't refuted.

It's that or they were just terrible passes and terrible decisions, which I didn't see.
-
Oh, and Raptorman, I would agree with you, if Pittsburgh wasn't in such a slump, and if the AZ game wasn't the last of the season, where it's very probable that they'll rest their starters.

But I do agree on the point that it's very unlikely, 5% chance that the Packers can win the division.

I will only think about that situation if after your Bears game we have won out and you have lost both games. Then the division may be open.

But right now, 5% chance, if that much.

I don't disagree, except that Favre routinely throws off his back foot. The game last nite was an easy read - the receivers weren't getting open because the defense routinely dropped 8 into coverage. Yet, somehow the greatest RB in the history of the NFL rushes for less than 20 yards also???

C'mon, people. The entire Vikings coaching staff was taken to the woodshed. The game had basically nothing to do with Favre's two picks and everything to do with the fact that they couldn't get receivers open, and/or give Favre time to toss the rock. Should Brett have scrambled more to prevent the defense from disrespecting the run? I've been saying it all season. You cannot play with 90% of a playbook. You have to continue to keep opposing defenses off balance.

Favre is the same as usual. Minnesota was beaten. They lost their field general for the year on defense. They still possess a potent offense. Nothing much has changed except their record. Would you still feel uncomfortable having Green Bay play Minnesota? I would. That's the most important aspect to me.

OP
OP
3irty1

3irty1

Fear the Dreads!
Reaction score
The point of the thread was to point out, not only did favre start throwing interceptions when the pressure was on, but they lost 2-3 key players on their roster. I don't care how good your team is, that hurts. This game shows that the vikings are NOT the best team in the NFC. Even ESPN has been playa hating on Favre and the queens stating how easy they've had it.

Earlier today somebody said Green Bay was the only good team they've played so far. ESPN NEVER gives GB praise.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts