1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Ugh - Offensive Line Injuries Again !

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by PackOne, May 21, 2006.

1. PackOne

PackOne Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4
    Sun, 21 May 2006 14:01:02 -0700

Cliff Christl, of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, reports Green Bay Packers OL Kevin Barry (thigh) had to be carted from the practice field with a thigh injury after falling forward during one-on-one pass blocking.

2. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    yeah mccarthy said it was his quad.

3. PackOne

PackOne Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4
    Was surprised no one had talked about it.

4. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    well it's May

and it's kevin Barry

if it was july, and it was Mark Tauscher, the response would be different. McCarthys tone didnt really show he was really worried, I have a feeling Barry will be ok, and will be ready for OTAs in two weeks.(I hope)!

5. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Vonta also hurt his hamstring

Blackmon had a sprained foot

but they got the week off so it should be ok.

6. Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool I own a website

Ratings:
    +8
    I sprained my liver typing two days ago. Why hasn't anyone posted the medical report?

7. PackOne

PackOne Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4
    Did they have to cart you off your lazy boy ?

8. PackerLegend

PackerLegend Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Good news about Daryn Colledge tho is all anyone is saying is that he has been looking good.

Clifton, Colledge, Wells, ??????, Tauscher

Cliff Christl, of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, reports Green Bay Packers rookie OL Daryn Colledge had another good day in one-on-one pass blocking during practice Sunday, May 21.

9. CaliforniaCheez

CaliforniaCheez Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Barry should finally get cut this season.

I will be quite pleased when they better talent than the slow Wonderlic wonder Barry.

We knew it would take the new GM awhile to cut all the dead wood off the roster.

Oh what a happy day when Martin, Washington, Barry, and Ferguson are finally gone!!

10. porky88

porky88 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    What's up with the hate on Barry? He's nothing in the class of Martin or Washington. He's an exceptional run blocker that should've been starting at guard last year. This year he doesn't fit the system but most undoubtely is the 5th or 6th best offenisve lineman on this team.

11. retiredgrampa

retiredgrampa Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    In a way I feel sorry for Barry. He's always been a heavy guy and in the past, that's helped his line play. But now, he's in a new system where speed and agility are at a premium, and that he never had. I expect he'll try to get his weight down somewhat to accomodate the new system but he'll never get down to 310# which is what he may need to be to get quicker. I know Tauscher is bigger and gets the job done, but Marc is a special breed of player. I don't expect anyone to match him. RG now seems to be the only big question in the OL. If someone can fit in there, I expect great things from the big 5.

12. thetombradyhater

thetombradyhater Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    oh no! Kevin Barry is hurt what shall we ever do!