Ugh - Offensive Line Injuries Again !

PackOne

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sun, 21 May 2006 14:01:02 -0700

Cliff Christl, of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, reports Green Bay Packers OL Kevin Barry (thigh) had to be carted from the practice field with a thigh injury after falling forward during one-on-one pass blocking.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
well it's May

and it's kevin Barry

if it was july, and it was Mark Tauscher, the response would be different. McCarthys tone didnt really show he was really worried, I have a feeling Barry will be ok, and will be ready for OTAs in two weeks.(I hope)!

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Vonta also hurt his hamstring

Blackmon had a sprained foot

but they got the week off so it should be ok.

PackerLegend

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Good news about Daryn Colledge tho is all anyone is saying is that he has been looking good.

Clifton, Colledge, Wells, ??????, Tauscher

Cliff Christl, of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, reports Green Bay Packers rookie OL Daryn Colledge had another good day in one-on-one pass blocking during practice Sunday, May 21.

CaliforniaCheez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Barry should finally get cut this season.

I will be quite pleased when they better talent than the slow Wonderlic wonder Barry.

We knew it would take the new GM awhile to cut all the dead wood off the roster.

Oh what a happy day when Martin, Washington, Barry, and Ferguson are finally gone!!

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
CaliforniaCheez said:
Barry should finally get cut this season.

I will be quite pleased when they better talent than the slow Wonderlic wonder Barry.

We knew it would take the new GM awhile to cut all the dead wood off the roster.

Oh what a happy day when Martin, Washington, Barry, and Ferguson are finally gone!!

What's up with the hate on Barry? He's nothing in the class of Martin or Washington. He's an exceptional run blocker that should've been starting at guard last year. This year he doesn't fit the system but most undoubtely is the 5th or 6th best offenisve lineman on this team.

retiredgrampa

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In a way I feel sorry for Barry. He's always been a heavy guy and in the past, that's helped his line play. But now, he's in a new system where speed and agility are at a premium, and that he never had. I expect he'll try to get his weight down somewhat to accomodate the new system but he'll never get down to 310# which is what he may need to be to get quicker. I know Tauscher is bigger and gets the job done, but Marc is a special breed of player. I don't expect anyone to match him. RG now seems to be the only big question in the OL. If someone can fit in there, I expect great things from the big 5.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts