1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

UFC 81

Discussion in 'The Atrium' started by mkapp, Feb 2, 2008.

1. mkapp

mkapp Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Anyone on here a UFC fan?

Tonight is the PPV event. I used to watch UFC years back (ken shamrock and tank abbott days), and have gotten back into it just in the past few weeks. I am interested to see if Brock Lesnar (former WWE star) gets his butt whooped.

BTW I just watched UFC 80 - and oh my goodness. A couple of awesome fights, a lame heavyweight fight, and a LOT of blood...great entertainment!

2. Green_Bay_Packers

Green_Bay_Packers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +113
    Lesnar ROFL he will suck, i think he is too big

3. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    mkapp.....is that your pup in your avatar????
    If so, thats sweet!!! :D

4. nathaniel

nathaniel Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    The pay-per-view tonight was decent. The Lesnar fight was a complete let down. The ref called a time out (which he shouldn't have done, and for what should have been a warning, not a docked point) while Lesnar was giving Mir a beating, then Mir caught Lesnar's leg and made him tap. Lesnar still has a lot to learn, especially in ground defense. He left his legs wide open, and you can't do that against a guy like Mir, especially if Mir is on his back.

I can't stand Tim Sylvia, so seeing him lose made the pay-per-view worth it. Sylvia's standup looked really good, but it only took Nogueira a split second to completely expose Sylvia's weak ground game and make him tap. Hopefully Couture will come back and fight Nogueira.

Fight of the night was Boetch/Heath. Boetch took the fight on 10 days notice and completely dominated Heath. He literally threw Heath to the ground like a ragdoll, which knocked him out. I've never seen a knock out like that before.

UFC 82's card looks pretty mediocre so far. I'm sure some of the undercard fights will be more interesting than the main events.

5. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Lesnar tapped? Ha! I hate that guy.

6. yooperfan

yooperfan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I loved Brock Lesnar when he was the University of Minnesota's heavy weight wrestler.
    He obviously fallen on hard times to be involved in that crap.

7. mkapp

mkapp Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    [/quote]
    mkapp.....is that your pup in your avatar????
    If so, thats sweet!!! :D[/quote]

Sure is Cheesey. Thats our little puppy Cody. I have another dog named Packer, but he is too big to wear the jersey.

8. mkapp

mkapp Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I saw a clip of the fight and it looked like Lesnar was in good condition and ready to fight...he just got his leg caught. With a little more experience he should do well.

9. Packers_Finland

Packers_Finland Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm glad he left the wrestling business. There's not enoguh pain inflicted on him there. I'm glad to see him getting his *** kicked by pro MMA fighters.

10. Mortfini

Mortfini Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    im sure lesnar was on the NFL team at de or dt

11. nathaniel

nathaniel Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    He tried out for the Vikings, but didn't make the team. I think I even have a football card with him on it.

12. TheKanataThrilla

TheKanataThrilla Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Strange thing for the UFC to put that fight on the card. If Lesnar wins you make your sport look like a complete joke because he is so green, if Lesnar loses (like he did) then you really hamper his potential of drawing for the company. He should have been put in there with someone with less experience than Mir in my opinion from a business perspective. He was creating a buzz regardless of his oponent.

UFC 80 was absolutely awesome. That was a complete blood bath.

13. Zombieslayer

Zombieslayer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I read Matt Hughes book and it seemed like he can't even stand Silvia. And they work out together. That's pretty bad.

I need to find a tape of Couture beating up on Sylvia. Would have loved to see that. I'm not really a UFC fan, but there are people I hate (Sylvia and Tito Ortiz) and I root for whomever is fighting them. I do like Randy Couture and Matt Hughes though, although I'm out of touch and heard recently that Matt Hughes is no longer champion.

14. nathaniel

nathaniel Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I have a copy of the Couture/Sylvia fight on my computer, and I watch the first 4 minutes quite a bit. The only real action in the whole fight is in the first few minutes.

Hughes lost the belt to George St. Pierre, who then lost the belt to Matt Serra. Matt Serra got hurt and couldn't fight, so Hughes and St. Pierre fought for an "interim title". St. Pierre absolutely dominated Hughes, so he's the interim champ until Serra is healthy, then they'll fight for the real title.

Couture beat Sylvia for the title, but then Couture was unhappy with UFC management, so he vacated the title. The Sylvia/Nogueria fight was for the interim title, until they figure out if Couture will come back or if he's done for good.

15. pack_in_black

pack_in_black Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    By "that crap" do you mean UFC?

If so, that would mean that it's not "hard times" when you wrestle for the steroid-promoting, FAKE WWE.. . .

Hmmm.

UFC is the best thing to happen to sports since football introduced the forward pass.