UEFA Champions League

Sandolf

Blue Moon Rising
Reaction score
I stopped watching after Bayern scored the second goal because I thought this is going to be another boring and easy Bayern win ;)
Think they were saving energies for the Bundesliga and their "tough challenge" against HSV :cautious::D

That must be it. :D

Pellegrini is getting roasted for not going for the 4th goal. I have a lot of time for Didi Hamann. He is a bright guy and was one of my favorite players.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...-cost-City-millions-millions-says-Hamann.html

OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Really annoying last night was hoping to see the Munich v Man City game on free to air instead we get another boring Manure home game. :rolleyes::sleep:

Sandolf

Blue Moon Rising
Reaction score
Really annoying last night was hoping to see the Munich v Man City game on free to air instead we get another boring Manure home game. :rolleyes::sleep:

Agreed. It was a slow sports day in Toronto, so the Globe and Mail... (otherwise a good paper)... does this spread about the Rags vs Shaktar. Embarassing.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Again ? Boooh. I remember you wrote that before PackerFan71. Same here, in case of doubt they always air Bayern, sometimes Doofmund and thats it. :rolleyes:
We recently had a discussion about it because Schalke boycotted interviews with ZDF (german TV channel) after they said they will air a Dortmund match and not Schalke because more people would be interested to see them instead of Schalke. :D
http://www.espn.co.uk/football/sport/story/262849.html

OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Again ? Boooh. I remember you wrote that before PackerFan71. Same here, in case of doubt they always air Bayern, sometimes Doofmund and thats it. :rolleyes:
We recently had a discussion about it because Schalke boycotted interviews with ZDF (german TV channel) after they said they will air a Dortmund match and not Schalke because more people would be interested to see them instead of Schalke. :D
http://www.espn.co.uk/football/sport/story/262849.html

Its always the same, Manure are the english version of the Munich club so it would be silly to think it would be any different here. Schalke did that? good on them. :tup:

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sounds good Croak, but is it on Free TV or do you have to spend extra money for watching Fox Sports 1 and 2 ?
Btw - did you hear about the CL draw today ? Bayern plays Arsenal, thats tough.
City against Barca is another interesting match.
http://www.dw.de/german-clubs-learn-european-fate-in-champions-league-europa-league-draws/a-17299245
I wonder how many German teams will reach the quarter final. I dont see Schalke beating Real, but Leverkusen and Dortmund should have a chance.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Sounds good Croak, but is it on Free TV or do you have to spend extra money for watching Fox Sports 1 and 2 ?
Btw - did you hear about the CL draw today ? Bayern plays Arsenal, thats tough.
City against Barca is another interesting match.
http://www.dw.de/german-clubs-learn-european-fate-in-champions-league-europa-league-draws/a-17299245
I wonder how many German teams will reach the quarter final. I dont see Schalke beating Real, but Leverkusen and Dortmund should have a chance.

It's included in the price of a lot of cable packages. It's not on free TV.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Philip Lahm said Bayern really didn't want to face Arsenal right off the bat. Bayern is worried it's going to be a very difficult game. I think that's a good thing.

OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Delighted CFC got Galatasary, Drogba will get a great welcome home. :)
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Last edited:

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score
Of all the matches, I think Leverkusen and PSG will be one of the better matchups. Looking more forward to this one than the rest.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Of all the matches, I think Leverkusen and PSG will be one of the better matchups. Looking more forward to this one than the rest.
Agree, interesting match too. I dont have any idea how strong PSG really is, they have Ibrahimovic, but how good is the rest of the team ?

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score
Apparently all you have to do is cry about it for 5 years, then they'll give it to you just to shut you up. :poop::poop::poop:

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score
Who's ready?

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Sandolf, I actually think that even without Aguero, City stand a good chance against Farca.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Great matches ahead !
City against Barca and Arsenal against Bayern are must watch games.
In my opinion the following teams will reach the Quarterfinals ;)
Barca
Bayern
Paris
Milan
Chelsea
Real
ManU
Dortmund

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score
I've got:

City
Bayern
Leverkusen
Athletico Madrid
Chelsea
Real - But really hoping Schalke wins
ManU
Dortmund

OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Arsenal losing is always a good thing just to see Wenger go mad again, :laugh: so for once i hope the Bavarians win that game. :ninja:

Sandolf

Blue Moon Rising
Reaction score
Sandolf, I actually think that even without Aguero, City stand a good chance against Farca.

Well as my main detractor here has noted, we're a bit vulnerable at the back. Jovetic looks like he's on form and I like our squad depth. We'll just have to score more goals than they do... (as simple and silly as that sounds).

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well as my main detractor here has noted, we're a bit vulnerable at the back. Jovetic looks like he's on form and I like our squad depth. We'll just have to score more goals than they do... (as simple and silly as that sounds).
Well, though Barca might still be the clear favourite City will have their chances. There is a reason why City is the team that has scored the most goals in the EPL so far. Will Aguero be back for the 2nd leg?

OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Seem the pre match ''worst Barca squad in years'' mindgames turned out to be utter parC.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Impressive performance bei PSG ! Ibrahimovic might be a nutter but he is definitely a world class football player, what a goal !
Was really surprised that Barca dominated City with roundabout 65 % ball possession. As City has a real good attacking game I would have thought it would be a more balanced game.

Members online

Latest posts