UEFA Champions League

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Delighted so far 0-2 away, only half time but a good start.
I expect at least one more goal for Chelsea, they dominate the game, Steau with no chances so far.
Celtic still 0-0, Barca with more ball possession but Celtic parks the bus cleverly ;)
Now watching arsenal.....they have a run, very attractive football but I dont expect them playing that way for the whole season....

OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
I expect at least one more goal for Chelsea, they dominate the game, Steau with no chances so far.
Celtic still 0-0, Barca with more ball possession but Celtic parks the bus cleverly ;)
Now watching arsenal.....they have a run, very attractive football but I dont expect them playing that way for the whole season....

Only the Celtic game shown here bah! they were doing ok last i saw. A draw for them would be a good result.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wow hes doing well tonight jees, when will one of our strikers ever score?! :rolleyes::D

4-0, thats a comfortable win over Steau, I guess today is a good day for Chelsea fans ? ;)
Btw- Arsenal is very impressive at the moment, when is Chelsea playing against Arsenal in the EPL ?
This will be a tough game....

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Did anybody notice these protests yesterday ?
http://www.spiegel.de/international...banner-at-champions-league-game-a-925730.html

Though I think we should keep politics out of football I must admit that I support Greenpeace.
To me Gazprom is one of the most ruthless companies worldwide. Fortunately they would never be accepted to be our main sponsor here in Hamburg.
Another reason why I cant stand Schalke, they just sold their souls for a pile of dirty money.....

OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
4-0, thats a comfortable win over Steau, I guess today is a good day for Chelsea fans ? ;)
Btw- Arsenal is very impressive at the moment, when is Chelsea playing against Arsenal in the EPL ?
This will be a tough game....

Not a bad result away from home neck equal with Basel now on 3 points all to play for.

OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Did anybody notice these protests yesterday ?
http://www.spiegel.de/international...banner-at-champions-league-game-a-925730.html

Though I think we should keep politics out of football I must admit that I support Greenpeace.
To me Gazprom is one of the most ruthless companies worldwide. Fortunately they would never be accepted to be our main sponsor here in Hamburg.
Another reason why I cant stand Schalke, they just sold their souls for a pile of dirty money.....

To be honest i really hate politics in Football, be it from the left or the right. Its one of my biggest turn offs. I watch the game to escape from such things. I have no problem with Greenpeace, but there are better ways of getting their message across than pulling off stunts like that.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
To be honest i really hate politics in Football, be it from the left or the right. Its one of my biggest turn offs. I watch the game to escape from such things. I have no problem with Greenpeace, but there are better ways of getting their message across than pulling off stunts like that.
I can see your point PackerFan71 and I basically I feel the same but how can we keep these things out of football if we let companies like Gazprom be a part of our football society though we all know Gazprom is nothing but the extended arm of V.Putin.
So I'm on two minds on this to be honest....:confused:;)

But back to football and more pleasant topics: Anybody watching Bayern against City tonight? :)

Last edited:
OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
I can see your point PackerFan71 and I basically I feel the same but how can we keep these things out of football if we let companies like Gazprom be a part of our football society though we all know Gazprom is nothing but the extended arm of V.Putin.
So I'm on two minds on this to be honest....:confused:;)

Thats the thing, people like Putin (who i detest) having anything to do with Football.

Btw FCB v Man Citeh one of the few times i would not mind a home win for you know who. :eek: :D I doubt its on TV here, they showed the Barca v Celtic last night. :rolleyes:

Edit : Ooops i thought it was played in Muchen my bad. :D

Last edited:

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thats the thing, people like Putin (who i detest) having anything to do with Football.

Btw FCB v Man Citeh one of the few times i would not mind a home win for you know who. :eek: :D I doubt its on TV here, they showed the Barca v Celtic last night. :rolleyes:

Edit : Ooops i thought it was played in Muchen my bad. :D

Yepp, they play at City, thats why I thought it could be on TV ;)
Its on Free TV here in Germany, Bayern 1-0,goal by Ribery and Galatasaray 1-0...guess who....Didier Drogba ! ;)

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Its on Free TV here in Germany, Bayern 1-0,goal by Ribery and Galatasaray 1-0...guess who....Didier Drogba ! ;)

End of the first half and it's starting to get chippy on the pitch.

OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score

Legend.
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
At first, I thought Manchester City would be a problem. But they really didn't present a big challenge to Bayern until near the end when Schweini, Robben and Ribery were taken out. Then the red card on Boateng and things started to get interesting. Somehow I thought City was a more powerful team than they showed today. I usually have bad things to say about Boateng, and today he had some mistakes, but his red card was a "take one for the team" deal I think. If he hadn't done what he did, City probably would have scored, but with Neuer you never know.

OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Poor showing from the Manc's losing 1-3 at home with all due respect to Bayern is embarrassing. Home advantage should have made them get at least a draw. :rolleyes:

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
My question is why does Bayern play like this in cup games, but in their league games they look more tentative?

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Interesting football evening today.:tup:
Chelsea @ Schalke, Milan against Barca and BVB @ Dortmund, luckily they show all games on TV here on Sky
Germany ! :)

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts