UEFA Champions League

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Bayern and Dortmund are both in the semi-finals; two Bundesliga teams. Bayern handled Juventus pretty well. The Spanish ref threw a real iffy yellow card on Mandzukic early in the game making him ineligible to play the next game. If they get Real Madrid in the draw it's going to look very fishy. It looked like Bayern experimented with long ball for the first bit of the game. Then they went back into regular Bayern mode and it was all over for Juv.

But Pizzaro came in near the end in place of Mandzukic and made scoring a goal look effortless. I wonder if that shocked the Spanish ref?

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bayern and Dortmund are both in the semi-finals; two Bundesliga teams. Bayern handled Juventus pretty well. The Spanish ref threw a real iffy yellow card on Mandzukic early in the game making him ineligible to play the next game. If they get Real Madrid in the draw it's going to look very fishy. It looked like Bayern experimented with long ball for the first bit of the game. Then they went back into regular Bayern mode and it was all over for Juv.

But Pizzaro came in near the end in place of Mandzukic and made scoring a goal look effortless. I wonder if that shocked the Spanish ref?

Yeah, thats a huge success for German football and especially the Dortmund game was a thrilling win.

Btw: Nice audio recording of BVB live radio. You dont need to speak German to understand whats going on, just listen (start from minute 7.30):D
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Yeah, thats a huge success for German football and especially the Dortmund game was a thrilling win.

Btw: Nice audio recording of BVB live radio. You dont need to speak German to understand whats going on, just listen (start from minute 7.30):D

Thats the best fan display ive seen in some time. Hysterical commentary love the passion, good luck to them i hope they win it. :eek:;)

OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Conspiracy! Conspiracy! Bayern and Dortmund kept apart its rigged i tell yah!
They are no doubt saying the same in Spain. ;):roflmao:

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Conspiracy! Conspiracy! Bayern and Dortmund kept apart its rigged i tell yah!
They are no doubt saying the same in Spain. ;):roflmao:

Bayern and Dortmund can foil all their plans by winning the semi-finals; a much taller order for Bayern in their matchup than Dortmund. But if Bayern can beat Barca, they deserve the title Weltmeister.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
On the one hand I dont think that Bayern can beat Barca but on the other hand - Barca is not that dominant anymore.
Dortmund against Madrid looks like the easier way to the final.

My prediction: Dortmund and Barca will play the final

OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
On the one hand I dont think that Bayern can beat Barca but on the other hand - Barca is not that dominant anymore.
Dortmund against Madrid looks like the easier way to the final.

My prediction: Dortmund and Barca will play the final

I think Barca are there for the taking, i agree they are not as dominant as before. Remember Celtic beat them! if i was a betting man id put a little punt on Bayern to win that one.

As much as id want Dortmund to win the game i cant see Real losing that one. I hope i'm proved wrong.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
He's a classless scumbag (sorry !) and a shame for Chelsea FC. :rolleyes:
Chelsea should sell him to a Chinese or Russian team to get rid of him..
But Im afraid there are no teams who want so sign him....:confused:

Who is the player on your new avatar, PackerFan71 ?

Dont be sorry its true! ;) yeah id offload him as far away as possible don't care where.
Thats King Kenny Dalglish scoring against Holland at 78'' World Cup. :) I have maximum respect for him, he does charity work for a local Hospice here. Top guy.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dont be sorry its true! ;) yeah id offload him as far away as possible don't care where.
Thats King Kenny Dalglish scoring against Holland at 78'' World Cup. :) I have maximum respect for him, he does charity work for a local Hospice here. Top guy.
Ah, yes...of course I know him. Just didnt recognise him on this picture ! :tup:
Great player, sounds like he has class.
Something that the former England captain never will have :rolleyes:;)

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Real Madrid tries to force the ball up the middle through a crowd a lot. No wonder Dortmund has had a good time against them. Watching this game, I don't think RM could stay with Bayern and Dortmund, of course, is the great rivalry. So, if Bayern is successful against Barca, this should be a interesting CL final.

OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Real Madrid tries to force the ball up the middle through a crowd a lot. No wonder Dortmund has had a good time against them. Watching this game, I don't think RM could stay with Bayern and Dortmund, of course, is the great rivalry. So, if Bayern is successful against Barca, this should be a interesting CL final.

Providing against an amazing fightback by Messi and Co (you never know stranger things have happened.) If Bayern play BVB i think its theirs to lose, although id really like BVB to win it as a neutral.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Providing against an amazing fightback by Messi and Co (you never know stranger things have happened.) If Bayern play BVB i think its theirs to lose, although id really like BVB to win it as a neutral.

I know. Bayern is like the NY Yankees; the team everybody loves to hate. :whistling: I've said all season, though, that Dortmund is the team that scares me when it comes to matching up against Bayern. I wasn't happy to see Goetze go out with an injured hammy today, however. Hope this isn't a taste of things to come when he's playing for the Deutscher Weltmeister. ;)

But first, Bayern has to prove they deserve to play against Dortmund by defeating arguably the best team in the world. I really like Messi. Think he'd come to play for Bayern? :devilish:

OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
I know. Bayern is like the NY Yankees; the team everybody loves to hate. :whistling: I've said all season, though, that Dortmund is the team that scares me when it comes to matching up against Bayern. I wasn't happy to see Goetze go out with an injured hammy today, however. Hope this isn't a taste of things to come when he's playing for the Deutscher Weltmeister. ;)

But first, Bayern has to prove they deserve to play against Dortmund by defeating arguably the best team in the world. I really like Messi. Think he'd come to play for Bayern? :devilish:

Id take that as a badge of honour Bayern are only disliked because they win alot, the same happened to Chelsea when we were wining everything. If he's fit for the final will be interesting to see how Goetze plays, imagine he does well and helps BVB win. Would the Bayern fans turn on him?

Messi is at Barca forever or at least till his skills leave him, they would never let him go now to a European rival.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Bayern stepped up to the challenge today. Shows what a one man team versus a whole team can do. Barca without Messi are just another pedestrian club.

OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Bayern stepped up to the challenge today. Shows what a one man team versus a whole team can do. Barca without Messi are just another pedestrian club.

They did a good job, to a degree Barca are a one man club Messi can't do it all himself. They have lots of hard thinking ahead of them.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yay! the Blues made it to the Final of the Europa League, David Luis scored a screamer. Ok its not the Champions League but id be delighted if we won it. Rafa for the job? perhaps NOT.

Ohhhh! :eek:;)
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...ho-wants-sign-Robert-Lewandowski-Chelsea.html

Hey, congrats :tup:
The Blues will be the runaway favourites against Benfica I guess and maybe after winning this title all Chelsea fans fall in love with Rafa and he might stay for some more years at Stamford Bridge ? :sneaky::D

O.K., we knew about Bayern and ManU and now Chelsea is in the race for Lewandowski ? :eek:
I doubt that he stays with Dortmund for another season, will be exciting to watch where he will sign.

OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Hey, congrats :tup:
The Blues will be the runaway favourites against Benfica I guess and maybe after winning this title all Chelsea fans fall in love with Rafa and he might stay for some more years at Stamford Bridge ? :sneaky::D

O.K., we knew about Bayern and ManU and now Chelsea is in the race for Lewandowski ? :eek:
I doubt that he stays with Dortmund for another season, will be exciting to watch where he will sign.

Mmmmm im not counting my chickens yet, i hate a favourite tag remember Benitez is in charge!:eek: If we did win it there would be a be a begrudging respect but no great love for him, (football fans have long memories.) I think there is more chance of Brett Favre coming out of retirement than Rafa getting the job thankfully.;)
Id be surprized if that story is true, but id like it to happen!:)

My shirt finally decided to make its way across the Atlantic, sorry about the picture quality (mobile phone)
Now all i need is a Lambeau visit and my stock share, only another 15+ years to wait!:notworthy:

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Mmmmm im not counting my chickens yet, i hate a favourite tag remember Benitez is in charge!:eek: If we did win it there would be a be a begrudging respect but no great love for him, (football fans have long memories.) I think there is more chance of Brett Favre coming out of retirement than Rafa getting the job thankfully.;)
Id be surprized if that story is true, but id like it to happen!:)

My shirt finally decided to make its way across the Atlantic, sorry about the picture quality (mobile phone)
Now all i need is a Lambeau visit and my stock share, only another 15+ years to wait!:notworthy:

Yepp, shouldnt happen :D
But perhaps leaving Stamford Bridge with a title will earn him a lot of respect ?

Shirt looks great, thanks for your pics PackerFan71 :tup:
Obviously you hadn't any problems with customs ?
Maybe I should move to UK ? :rolleyes:;)

I cross my fingers that you wont have to wait 15 years for your visit @ Lambeau Field, its definitely an unforgettable experience. :tup:
Anyway, first step on your way to Green Bay is made. This shirt should guarantee you a proper outfit for your visit ;)

OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Yepp, shouldnt happen :D
But perhaps leaving Stamford Bridge with a title will earn him a lot of respect ?

Shirt looks great, thanks for your pics PackerFan71 :tup:
Obviously you hadn't any problems with customs ?
Maybe I should move to UK ? :rolleyes:;)

I cross my fingers that you wont have to wait 15 years for your visit @ Lambeau Field, its definitely an unforgettable experience. :tup:
Anyway, first step on your way to Green Bay is made. This shirt should guarantee you a proper outfit for your visit ;)

A little bit but not too much, he seems like a decent enough person in all honesty. But he should have never been chosen in the first place because of his comments about Chelsea when he was Liverpool manager. He would i think be a good choice to manage Real, they are his team. Classic Fergie he can't resist a dig.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...res-CV-ahead-Manchester-United-v-Chelsea.html

No problems, private sale it didn't cost enough to qualify for import tax to kick in.:tup: Would have been different and way too expensive if id got it from one of the large online retailer's
In Scotland yeah why not we'd be glad to have you. ;)

Ha yeah one ticked off, two more to go. not sure when but ill get there one day. And become an owner of my blade of grass.:D

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Boy, Jurgen Klopp sure is an arrogant cuss. While Jupp Heynckes expresses admiration and respect for Dortmund, Klopp seethes with disdain for Bayern. He wants to keep reminding them of last year. Bulletin board material abounds for Bayern.

Members online

Latest posts