UEFA Champions League

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
David (Celtic) just beat Goliath! Wow what an exciting game.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
That Goliath usually has a tough time in Scotland, fair play to Celtic.:)

Bomber

Clueless but Luvin It
Reaction score
What a night. The best atmosphere ever and the perfect result for our 125th birthday. Love Celtic, love the Packers, loving sport.

And we'll done Obama.

Time for bed.

OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Its ironic that Chelsea were accused of killing football last season parking the bus against Barca and Bayern, yet when Celtic use the same tactics to beat Barca they are heroic giant killers. Not taking anything away from them though at all, fantastic result for them. Good to see young Scottish lads involved in the goals. For Chelsea its definatley a case of ''no one likes us we dont care'' lets keep it that way.:tup:

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Its ironic that Chelsea were accused of killing football last season parking the bus against Barca and Bayern, yet when Celtic use the same tactics to beat Barca they are heroic giant killers. Not taking anything away from them though at all, fantastic result for them. Good to see young Scottish lads involved in the goals. For Chelsea its definatley a case of ''no one likes us we dont care'' lets keep it that way.:tup:

Could the difference be that folks think of Chelsea as just another one of the giants?

OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Could the difference be that folks think of Chelsea as just another one of the giants?

You'd be suprised id consider Celtic also as European giants historically. They have under achieved for the most part in Europe in recent years but won the European Cup decades before either Chelsea and Barca did. But in financial hard cash terms they along with many others, can't compete with Barca, Real, ManC, etc.

Rubbish excuse if you ask me - ''bigger team than us'''
http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/...lubbering-barcelona-star-lionel-messi-1426558

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score

Great metaphor, never heard before :D

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
You'd be suprised id consider Celtic also as European giants historically. They have under achieved for the most part in Europe in recent years but won the European Cup decades before either Chelsea and Barca did. But in financial hard cash terms they along with many others, can't compete with Barca, Real, ManC, etc.

Rubbish excuse if you ask me - ''bigger team than us'''
http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/...lubbering-barcelona-star-lionel-messi-1426558

Interesting fact and proved here - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deloitte_Football_Money_League
But we all know that Barca has huge debts, numbers up to 578m Euros are discussed (735mUSD, 460GBP). One day this bubble will burst.
Always admired Messi as a humble guy, but in this case he appears as a disgraceful whiner :rolleyes:
Credit where credit is due - good job by Celtic !

OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Interesting fact and proved here - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deloitte_Football_Money_League
But we all know that Barca has huge debts, numbers up to 578m Euros are discussed (735mUSD, 460GBP). One day this bubble will burst.
Always admired Messi as a humble guy, but in this case he appears as a disgraceful whiner :rolleyes:
Credit where credit is due - good job by Celtic !

Eventually there will come a time where all the top clubs have to stop the madness and live within their means. Real's debt is astronomical i have no idea how the bank lets them get away with it. Yeah im also disappointed with Messi, his comments mirror Barcelona's arrogant attitude ''You don't deserve to beat us unless you play like we do'' - Nonsense.

OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
A 6-1 thrashing for CFC and then Champions League rule 7.06, sub-section D, nevermind them's the rules. Benitez is in charge thats my excuse and im sticking too it.:) We were never going to win it back to back. I wasn't going to congratulate Celtic but i will anyway, its nice to see a Scottish team do well for once on the big stage.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
A 6-1 thrashing for CFC and then Champions League rule 7.06, sub-section D, nevermind them's the rules. Benitez is in charge thats my excuse and im sticking too it.:) We were never going to win it back to back. I wasn't going to congratulate Celtic but i will anyway, its nice to see a Scottish team do well for once on the big stage.

Beeing eliminated with 10 points and 16-10 goals has never happened before, bad luck, isnt it ? :mad:
Signing Benitez looks more and more like a big mistake because all of you Chelsea fans seem to blame him for everything that went wrong from the first day on when he appeared at Stamford Bridge ? ;)
Maybe Benitez should quit before they sack him.. :eek:;)
But I would feel the same, imagine a former St.Pauli oder Werder Bremen manager signing in Hamburg....never ever :mad::D
Nice to have a Scottish team in the next round , btw- how are the Rangers doing ?

OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Beeing eliminated with 10 points and 16-10 goals has never happened before, bad luck, isnt it ? :mad:
Signing Benitez looks more and more like a big mistake because all of you Chelsea fans seem to blame him for everything that went wrong from the first day on when he appeared at Stamford Bridge ? ;)
But I would feel the same, imagine a former St.Pauli oder Werder Bremen manager signing in Hamburg....never ever :mad::D
Nice to have a Scottish team in the next round , btw- how are the Rangers doing ?

A bit of bad luck a bit of letting Juve off the hook 2-0 up at home and they somehow made it 2-2. To sum it up not good enough this year with a newer but weaker squad, but that's football.
Yeah kind off hes a good scapegoat for the frustration. In my mind he's already sacked its inevitable
Rangers are doing what they always do, top of their league and annoying most of the SPL. This time its Dundee United, they voted to demote them to DIV 3. So Rangers fans have now refused to travel to Dundee for a cup match, that means about 6000 empty seats. Economic warfare or sour grapes probly a bit of both, petty politics and agendas welcome to scottish football.:rolleyes:

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score

Well, now that Beckham decided to retire from MLS he said he's interested in ownership of some team. Maybe he could buy Chelsea and sack Benitez. ;)

OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Well, now that Beckham decided to retire from MLS he said he's interested in ownership of some team. Maybe he could buy Chelsea and sack Benitez. ;)

Indeed Croak, but i think we will stick with Abramovich for now faults an all.;) Beckham should buy Spurs who are his local team and use them in a pub 5-a side league. :roflmao:

Wow serious money spent on those, for a guy who left months ago its a nice thing to do for his team mates. Would be cool if all CL winners got something similar.:cool:
http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...gift-to-former-chelsea-teammates-8390608.html

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Indeed Croak, but i think we will stick with Abramovich for now faults an all.;) Beckham should buy Spurs who are his local team and use them in a pub 5-a side league. :roflmao:

Wow serious money spent on those, for a guy who left months ago its a nice thing to do for his team mates. Would be cool if all CL winners got something similar.:cool:
http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...gift-to-former-chelsea-teammates-8390608.html

Ha, I knew that you prefer sticking with Abramaovich if thats the choice :D

Oh, thats generous ! :eek:;)
Something similar like the Super Bowl Ring for CL winners would be a nice idea. :tup:

OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Just in case some folks get on their high horses about the match fixing allegations; http://www.sandiegoreader.com/news/2012/jul/04/citylights1-nfl-dirty-secret/

In competitive sport nothing surprises me after the recent cycling drug cheat was revealed. (I forget his name thankfully. ) Now it appears a recent game here was fixed i only hope it does not involve my team. Humans are weak sometimes and they can stray to the darkside. Individual cheats should be banned from sport permanently.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
In competitive sport nothing surprises me after the recent cycling drug cheat was revealed. (I forget his name thankfully. ) Now it appears a recent game here was fixed i only hope it does not involve my team. Humans are weak sometimes and they can stray to the darkside. Individual cheats should be banned from sport permanently.

Houston, we have a problem.
680 fixed games ? I cant believe it :rolleyes:
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/02/05/s...pected-fixing-in-680-soccer-matches.html?_r=0
Any rumours about the game in England, any idea ?

OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score

Wolf Packer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Southbank, Molineux, Wolverhampton, England
Houston, we have a problem.
680 fixed games ? I cant believe it :rolleyes:
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/02/05/s...pected-fixing-in-680-soccer-matches.html?_r=0
Any rumours about the game in England, any idea ?

I'd like to say i was shocked and suprised, but i'm not. Something just isnt right in betting at the moment, with this live in-play betting you can bet on goals, corners, offsides... the lot. Gives a huge window of opportunity to crooks in the betting game, and the players/officials.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd like to say i was shocked and suprised, but i'm not. Something just isnt right in betting at the moment, with this live in-play betting you can bet on goals, corners, offsides... the lot. Gives a huge window of opportunity to crooks in the betting game, and the players/officials.

Agree...betting is a huge business that barely can be controlled.
There was a huge scandal in Germany 2004/2005 when HSV lost a cup game against Paderborn.
While watching the game I thought the ref must be bought but it was more making fun about the performance of the ref than believing that this could be true.
As they later found out this game was fixed and nowadays I understand the red card against Mpenza or two strange penalty decisions. :rolleyes:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/23...ers-whistle-blowing-echoes-across-Europe.html

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

I am still curious to know which CL- game in England was fixed....;)

OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Agree...betting is a huge business that barely can be controlled.
There was a huge scandal in Germany 2004/2005 when HSV lost a cup game against Paderborn.
While watching the game I thought the ref must be bought but it was more making fun about the performance of the ref than believing that this could be true.
As they later found out this game was fixed and nowadays I understand the red card against Mpenza or two strange penalty decisions. :rolleyes:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/23...ers-whistle-blowing-echoes-across-Europe.html

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

I am still curious to know which CL- game in England was fixed....;)

Just speculation at the moment........What puzzles me is why if they know that keeper is a fixer, why is he still playing?:tdown::mad: Life bans from competitive football should be mandatory for those caught.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...-v-Debrecen-alleged-rigged.html#axzz2K3obbKjr

Members online

Latest posts